Thread: Creatine?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Creatine?

Just a simple question anyone know what the best one out on the market is? Can be pills or powder dont matter to me just looking for some quality stuff nothing shady.

Deleted
    The general consensus is is that creatine mono hydrate is the best, all of the other things dont add anything.
    http://examine.com/supplements/Creatine/

Quote Originally Posted by Electric View Post
    The general consensus is is that creatine mono hydrate is the best, all of the other things dont add anything.
    http://examine.com/supplements/Creatine/
    I remember when I was convinced that Ethyl Ester was the only way to go, but that has definitely been proven erroneous. There was a good 2-3 year time period where it was praised though.

I think this guy was looking for a brand, and type though, lol. There used to be a really good youtube video on Creatine and how most companies like Cell Tech were a rip off and were basically charging you 3 x the amount for Kool Aid when you could buy 800% more Creatine Monohydrate for a fraction of the price.

15+ Year Old Account
    Go to your nearest Vitamin Shoppe/GNC/wherever you buy your stuff, find the cheapest creatine monohydrate powder, and get that. There's really no difference or benefit over getting the expensive name brands. All it is is powder.
    "We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us." - Andrew Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Tethrys View Post
    Go to your nearest Vitamin Shoppe/GNC/wherever you buy your stuff, find the cheapest creatine monohydrate powder, and get that. There's really no difference or benefit over getting the expensive name brands. All it is is powder.
    Although it could be a number of factors, I for some reason got the best results while taking chewable creatine tablets. I think this could have been completely unrelated to the creatine itself though, as this was a time period where I had been working out harder than ever before. But I'm never sure if I was able to work out harder because of the Creatine, or if it was completely unrelated.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post
    I remember when I was convinced that Ethyl Ester was the only way to go, but that has definitely been proven erroneous. There was a good 2-3 year time period where it was praised though.

I think this guy was looking for a brand, and type though, lol. There used to be a really good youtube video on Creatine and how most companies like Cell Tech were a rip off and were basically charging you 3 x the amount for Kool Aid when you could buy 800% more Creatine Monohydrate for a fraction of the price.
    Not looking for a brand just advice and results

Deleted
    Dont take creatine pills, they are shiet.
    Creatine monohydrate is the cheapest and the best, the others are just overpriced bullshit.

Deleted
    Buy the cheapest stuff you can get from a recognisable brand. Creatine Monohydrate is what your looking to get, don't buy pills tho as its a lot more expensive than powder.

Just pure Creatine Monohydrate. There's alot of products which claim to have advanced creatine mixes, better intake and so on, but in reality its just standard creatine mixed with stuff like maltodextrin (simple fast carbs) and then sell it at a overprice, when you can get exactly the same effect by using standard creatine and drinking a soda.

Most of the "special" creatines are just hype and a new way to sell you something for me. Plain old creatine monohydrate is all you need. However, you can get it micronized if you have issues with stomach bloat/cramps when taking just monohydrate. Also, I like to eat a piece of fruit after taking it.

Optimum Nutrition sells straight out monohydrate creatine, tastes like you're drinking sand, just mix it and gulp it and don't cry