Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shimargh View Post
    WTF is wrong with you? as you say neither of us thinks EA is great or anything...
    I don't how you managed to derail this in an ACTVvsEA thread, ti was never the idea. challenger just pointed that activision is no better, never asa an VS thread...
    No his original post stated that EA was doing things that Activi did before them and i showed he was wrong with my post right after it*my original post* and activi should have never been brought up in the first place.

people should have stayed on topic in the thread about the rumor mainly by giving there opinion if he should be fired or not and maybe even why to there opinion. but like normal on here someone always have to derail the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by morfraen View Post
    Activision wasn't on the list. Kotek is by far more evil than any of the execs at EA.

EA ditching Riccitiello would be a good thing. He's running the company into the ground, time to change direction.
    That is the other reason I don't understand all this hate for EA though. Unlike Activision, EA is very well capable of running itself into the ground, and matter of fact, has been doing a very good job of doing just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No his original post stated that EA was doing things that Activi did before them and i showed he was wrong with my post right after it*my original post* and activi should have never been brought up in the first place.

people should have stayed on topic in the thread about the rumor mainly by giving there opinion if he should be fired or not and maybe even why to there opinion. but like normal on here someone always have to derail the topic.
    Except I wasn't entirely wrong. Elite came before whatever the hell Battlefield is using right now, and Activision has been reaching its hands into your pockets just as long as EA has.

Was I completely right? No. I am completely willing and able to admit my wrong, which you cannot seem to accept. Was I completely wrong? No. I may not have littered my post with sources, but it is common enough knowledge that Activision has been just as terrible a company for just as long as EA, if not longer.

Me personally if it was Riccitiello's idea on the Online pass BS then yes he should be removed cause now buying used EA games cost more then the new one's cause you have to pay 10$ for a online pass.
    If you really believe cutting a head from the hydra kills the beast, then you are in for a rude awakening if this rumor turns out to be true.
    Last edited by A Challenger!; 2012-07-13 at 02:06 PM.

Activision wasn't on the list. Kotek is by far more evil than any of the execs at EA.

EA ditching Riccitiello would be a good thing. He's running the company into the ground, time to change direction.
    Me personally if it was Riccitiello's idea on the Online pass BS then yes he should be removed cause now buying used EA games cost more then the new one's cause you have to pay 10$ for a online pass.

I hope this is true, because the guys in charge of madden have a pretty good track record when it comes to game quality, despite having to release a new one each year. Last year in particular was absolutely fantastic with the completely revamped franchise mode and this coming version is going to have a pretty interesting physics engine to allow unique hits every play.

Quote Originally Posted by sthings View Post
    Get a load of this guy's jealousy. He's so jealous at their successful methods of earning money that he's spewing random crap. Business 101, that's what companies do, they earn money.
    Funny isn't it, how game companies shifted from making good games so that people would keep buying from them to doing whatever it takes to cater to their shareholders. It's a problem with modern corporate culture in general. The customer is seemingly irrelevant as making better products might shave a few % off the quarterly report.

---------- Post added 2012-07-13 at 07:07 AM ----------

The online passes for used games wasn't an EA thing, that was all of them getting together and 'solving' the 'problem' of the corporations not getting a cut of used game sales. They new that if they didn't all do it at once there would be a big consumer backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    That is the other reason I don't understand all this hate for EA though. Unlike Activision, EA is very well capable of running itself into the ground, and matter of fact, has been doing a very good job of doing just that.

Except I wasn't entirely wrong. Elite came before whatever the hell Battlefield is using right now, and Activision has been reaching its hands into your pockets just as long as EA has.

Was I completely right? No. I am completely willing and able to admit my wrong, which you cannot seem to accept. Was I completely wrong? No. I may not have littered my post with sources, but it is common enough knowledge that Activision has been just as terrible a company for just as long as EA, if not longer.

If you really believe cutting a head from the hydra kills the beast, then you are in for a rude awakening if this rumor turns out to be true.
    Elite was before BF3's setup yes but not the VIP pass you got with BFBC2 for getting it in the many different ways u could or paying for it online and that can be said to be the same as the elite setup like call has cause all it is in the end is a ....buy this dlc now get these maps later. they did the samething with the Online pass for medal of honor.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-07-13 at 02:10 PM.

Funny isn't it, how game companies shifted from making good games so that people would keep buying from them to doing whatever it takes to cater to their shareholders. It's a problem with modern corporate culture in general. The customer is seemingly irrelevant as making better products might shave a few % off the quarterly report.
    While it is very hard to pinpoint exactly when this paradigm shift occurred, and why it is morally wrong and generally unacceptable, I do agree with you on this. There has been, for a long time now, a deep and unsettling shift in video gaming.

The problem is though, saying such a thing is like walking a very thin tightrope.

Elite was before BF3's setup yes but not the VIP pass you got with BFBC2 for getting it in the many different ways u could or paying for it online and that can be said to be the same as the elite setup like call has cause all it is in the end is a ....buy this dlc now get these maps later. they did the samething with the Online pass for metal of honor.
    Look, I'm perfectly willing to look beyond the whole stupid argument. I really am. I did slice open a gaping wound and pour salt into it by completely confusing the Online Pass and BF3's version of Elite, I should have gone and made sure what I was talking about was the right "premium" system before I posted, obviously.

I'm not trying to force anything down your throat, or anyone's throat for that matter. I was just stating my opinion on the matter while remaining in the realm of the topic presented by the OP.

So that said, let us metaphorically shake hands and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I hope this is true, because the guys in charge of madden have a pretty good track record when it comes to game quality, despite having to release a new one each year. Last year in particular was absolutely fantastic with the completely revamped franchise mode and this coming version is going to have a pretty interesting physics engine to allow unique hits every play.
    I still don't know about that. Removing one man would not drastically change how EA produces games. I still believe we'd be seeing the same problems with EA that we have been for the past few years now; the gutting of companies, ludicrous DLC, and premium passes.

and its BS console's are not computers i should not be required to put in a code to pay online more so if im paying for xbox live.
    At the risk of going off-topic (again), I will merely say this: Xbox Live is ridiculous. Having to cough up money to play online is nothing short of robbery. I would understand if Gold was for access to premium services such as Netflix, but that isn't how it is. In order to so much as play online, which is the pinnacle of Xbox Live, you need to pay a fee.

Meanwhile, the PS3 and your own computer are absolutely free.
    Last edited by A Challenger!; 2012-07-13 at 02:18 PM.

---------- Post added 2012-07-13 at 07:07 AM ----------

The online passes for used games wasn't an EA thing, that was all of them getting together and 'solving' the 'problem' of the corporations not getting a cut of used game sales. They new that if they didn't all do it at once there would be a big consumer backlash.
    EA/THQ is the only one's doing it so your right it wasn't a EA thing it was a EA/THQ thing. and its BS console's are not computers i should not be required to put in a code to pay online more so if im paying for xbox live.

---------- Post added 2012-07-13 at 02:22 PM ----------

At the risk of going off-topic (again), I will merely say this: Xbox Live is ridiculous. Having to cough up money to play online is nothing short of robbery. I would understand if Gold was for access to premium services such as Netflix, but that isn't how it is. In order to so much as play online, which is the pinnacle of Xbox Live, you need to pay a fee.

Meanwhile, the PS3 and your own computer are absolutely free.
    i agree i went over to ps3 didn't like its party setup/trophy setup and came back to computer gaming in the end. XBL is not worth the cost u even have to be a gold member to pay for netflix.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-07-13 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Thich is such a childish thread. It's really ridiculous how some gamers have developed this attitude where publisher CEOs are being personated like some despotes, dictators and whatnot. It's that typical small-minded defiance towards "the big nobs" and THE MAN people like to engage in. Gotta have an enemy image, right? Grown-ups have their boss, politicians, ruthless enterprisers and the feds. Gamers have Bobby Kottick and the guy from EA.

It's also laughable that people seem to be under the impression that companies are being run like sects or dictatorships, where all comes down to one guy who completely shapes everything and anything to his personal liking.

It's just like people thinking that Ghostcrawler runs the whole show in WoW and that he's responsible for every single thing they hate about the game.

You really believe it all comes down to one guy and that the whole course of the company would be different if that guy was removed?
    Because they're basically the "face" of the company.The face we can print out and apply to our dartboard/target at the range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since this is a rumor, this thread should probably be ended due to a misleading title and the shenanigans that have resulted from several derailments.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    According to Game Front’s sources, Riccitiello was asked to step down from his position at Electronic Arts after the earnings call that took place on June 30.
    What earnings call on June 30th?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad to ear this rumor, and i hope it's true. The gaming industry needs a refresh, especially at EA AND Activision.

As for the debate about who ruined the industry first. I'd say it was EA with publishing a near identical game each year for full price (Any Sports Franchise) With the introduction of DLC, there is no reason EA couldn't just publish DLC for new rosters. Every 3 years they could release a new version of the game, which would be more of a remodel than the few minor tweaks they have been providing each year.

Remember, EA Sports has been around far longer than any of the COD's or what have you.

although this is just a rumour i hope he does get canned. EA needs a new direction as their games have under-delivered big time latelly, not to mention their are mostly half-games, with shit ton of DLC's

Activision/Blizzard is also rumoured to going thru a rough path with Vivendi trying to sell it, mainly because Activision part of it is losing money by the buckets, CoD franchise although sells alot of copies as a marketing budget of around $250miilion and thats just for marketing, basically 5millions copies just to pay for marketing, no wonder Vivendi wants to ditch them out, when your best seller is not even making profits.

i hope both companies burn and crash, and new ones arise that actually care about their costumer base instead of just trying to milk us out

10+ Year Old Account
    Salvation?

Oh and Activision as a company alone might be good but it has nothing to do with Blizzard's games. As much as you want to believe they have a hand(Aside from reporting to them) they have no hand in the games.

if thats for me, the name of the company is Activision/Blizzard, not Activision.

and for Kotick not having a say on Blizzard games, you must be just plain retarded to believe a CEO of a multinational having no power over the decision making what is more or less his company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
    although this is just a rumour i hope he does get canned. EA needs a new direction as their games have under-delivered big time latelly, not to mention their are mostly half-games, with shit ton of DLC's

Activision/Blizzard is also rumoured to going thru a rough path with Vivendi trying to sell it, mainly because Activision part of it is losing money by the buckets, CoD franchise although sells alot of copies as a marketing budget of around $250miilion and thats just for marketing, basically 5millions copies just to pay for marketing, no wonder Vivendi wants to ditch them out, when your best seller is not even making profits.

i hope both companies burn and crash, and new ones arise that actually care about their costumer base instead of just trying to milk us out
    Actually, from what I've heard, Activision is too successful right now, so much that Vivendi can't find anyone interested in buying the company who can afford to.

http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/assassins-editions

EDIT: Unfortunately I cannot say this is a completely reliable source, might take some time to get more attention in the media.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
    mainly because Activision part of it is losing money by the buckets,
    Not only is there not differentiation between Acitivision and Blizzard (It's Activision Blizzard after all) when it comes to the financials part of this, but that's not even remotely true. Earnings calls for the company have showed continued growth and maintain a pretty high level of profitability. Between their two big franchises (Skylanders and CoD) Activision pulls in plenty of cash.

No. No. No. NO!

Dragon Age 2 man.

Dragon Age 2.

I absolutely loved Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age: Awakening.

Tears are wept to this day on BioWare's passing.
    I like DA2. In fact I would say it's better then DA:O as a game.

---------- Post added 2012-07-13 at 11:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Well I don't care much for EA's sports franchise, I agree that they have been the consistent money maker/team that has done the least amount of fucking up.

And I don't find it surprising in the least that there CEO is (allegedly) getting canned. Under his leader ship he took one of the biggest North American gaming companies and made it raise a giant middle finger to the majority of there customer base with Day one DLC and other questionable practices. I mean companies are there to make money, I think we can all agree on that, but fucking your customers over with sub par products and nickel and dime-ing them is only going to hurt you in the long run. And that's exactly what we are seeing here, the fallout from there failure to appease customers.
    Last edited by Kaosbringer; 2012-07-13 at 06:33 PM.

EA getting rid of John Riccitiello would be the best thing to happen to EA since Trip Hawkins founded the company 30 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    EA CEO John Riccitiello to be FIRED (Rumor)
    Ever since TOR launched I've been expecting Johnny 5 to be told that he's decided to "pursue other opportunities." However, these sharks got to the bottom of these cesspools, in the first place, by being survivors. Corporate politics that far down the sewer is of the "take no prisoners" variety. I figured a one two punch like WAR and TOR would have knocked him down for the count but only time will tell.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.