Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Ever since TOR launched I've been expecting Johnny 5 to be told that he's decided to "pursue other opportunities." However, these sharks got to the bottom of these cesspools, in the first place, by being survivors. Corporate politics that far down the sewer is of the "take no prisoners" variety. I figured a one two punch like WAR and TOR would have knocked him down for the count but only time will tell.
    I don't quite understand this. WAR was an abysmal flop from the very start, but TOR is actually doing pretty damn well for itself, which is surprising since I am fairly confident everyone expected the second coming of SWG.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaosbringer View Post
    I like DA2. In fact I would say it's better then DA:O as a game.
    Oh no, don't get me wrong DA:2 is by no means the abysmal game many make it out to be, but the two reasons it will never hold the place in my heart that Origins and Awakening do, is mainly because of A. All the damn dungeons look alike, and B. Origins/Awakening had far, far more class freedom than DA:2 ever would hope for.

Turning my Mage into a Blood wielding Battle-Mage was nothing short of fun.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    ...but TOR is actually doing pretty damn well for itself, which is surprising since I am fairly confident everyone expected the second coming of SWG...
    Last I checked they were just above the "profitable but nothing to write home about" hash mark (1 million subs) and trending downwards and those expecting SWG 2.0 were a minority.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Last I checked they were just above the "profitable but nothing to write home about" hash mark (1 million subs) and trending downwards and those expecting SWG 2.0 were a minority.
    I didn't exactly mean literally. Many just bought too much into the hype, though I am sure some thought it would be like SWG. That said, it has not been trending downwards. It hasn't been growing, but it isn't declining either. Considering how stale the market is, one million is not a bad marker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    I didn't exactly mean literally. Many just bought too much into the hype, though I am sure some thought it would be like SWG. That said, it has not been trending downwards. It hasn't been growing, but it isn't declining either. Considering how stale the market is, one million is not a bad marker.
    I'm not saying that TOR was a "failure." However, I recall Johnny 5 actually referencing TOR in earnings calls prior to TOR launching concerning ongoing costs. Given how high a profile he gave TOR before the latest earnings call and how low it suddenly dropped on their radar... Well, I would be surprised if TOR's performance is anywhere near what EA was hoping for. I recall WAR having a similar stellar plunge in importance. Considering that both of EA's latest triple A MMORPG attempts have not met expectations and Johnny 5 being at the helm for both?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    EA Sports boss Peter Moore will step in to take his place.
    "But you take out one enemy and they find someone even worse to replace them..."