Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Best deal of the day? tribes: ascend

saw this on another forum and thought id try it here.
    so for any who play tribes: ascend

What is the best deal of the day so far you have seen?

mine was soldier mines for -80% off
    didnt buy it though as i dont like the soldier much

Deleted
    i can't remember what it was but i saw 1 once where i was 1 gold short to buy it. But i think it was for a sentinel wich i do not play. Not the best deal though the worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onaturi View Post
    i can't remember what it was but i saw 1 once where i was 1 gold short to buy it. But i think it was for a sentinel wich i do not play. Not the best deal though the worst.

yeah ive seen some terrible deals being offered for where an item was only 10% off its really not worth it for the really cheap xp costing items like 18k its better for the tiems that cost like 42k like the shotgun for the tech not id ever use it

im kinda hoping for a sale on the jackal for the infiltrator or a sale on the doombringers land mines

Deleted
    im downloading this right now.. im gonna get the starter pack but i dont see myself spending loads more on it (unless i love it). Can you spend xp for stuff or is it pretty much pay to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    im downloading this right now.. im gonna get the starter pack but i dont see myself spending loads more on it (unless i love it). Can you spend xp for stuff or is it pretty much pay to win.
    You can spend xp for stuff as well as gold. One of the most recent updates to the game actually added the functionality for you to upgrade your gear simply through playing with it equipped as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    You can spend xp for stuff as well as gold. One of the most recent updates to the game actually added the functionality for you to upgrade your gear simply through playing with it equipped as well.
    thats good to hear.

too bad insanoflex name has been stolen :'(
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2012-07-02 at 01:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah

the deal of the day thing is each player gets a different deal every 24hours and the deals can go (from what ive seen) -20% off to -90% off
    but yes its only for the gold which costs real money but if you "like" them on facebook they give you 250 golf for free for a limited time which i plan to keep for items i really want

btw i recommend trying the test dummy mode on the tutorial section once your in the game to try each class/weapon/etc before you buy em i already bought the doombringer before doing so but after trying them all the only class i really enjoy is the tech so i plan to use my gold on weapons etc for that first like the more damage smg and the motion sensors

---------- Post added 2012-07-02 at 02:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    yeah i vaguely remember having to pay xp to upgrade your weapons during the beta but i only played the beta a week before getting fedup

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    yeah

the deal of the day thing is each player gets a different deal every 24hours and the deals can go (from what ive seen) -20% off to -90% off
    but yes its only for the gold which costs real money but if you "like" them on facebook they give you 250 golf for free for a limited time which i plan to keep for items i really want

btw i recommend trying the test dummy mode on the tutorial section once your in the game to try each class/weapon/etc before you buy em i already bought the doombringer before doing so but after trying them all the only class i really enjoy is the tech so i plan to use my gold on weapons etc for that first like the more damage smg and the motion sensors
    i bought the sentinel with xp.. he is just shit though. rifles need far better zoom or way bigger dmg.. the friggin secondary ping pong laser is way more effective to kill people.

10+ Year Old Account
    i bought the sentinel with xp.. he is just shit though. rifles need far better zoom or way bigger dmg.. the friggin secondary ping pong laser is way more effective to kill people.
    what ive seen other sentinels do is snipe out enemy turrets and such softening the defenses so that people can grab the flag/generator with less hassle

A good sentinel is easily one of the most important players in a game.

Trust me, if the rifle did anymore than 500 damage then it would be incredibly overpowered and break the game basically.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-07-03 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post

Trust me, if the rifle did anymore than 500 damage then it would be incredibly overpowered and break the game basically.
    Agreed. It's just unfortunate because it's such a hard class for new players to pick up...

I really wish the sentinel did "more," but if it was any better the players who are already really good with it would be unbeatable.

10+ Year Old Account
    got -45% on the pilot perk as the deal today no interest in it tho

10+ Year Old Account
    thats good to hear.

too bad insanoflex name has been stolen :'(
    People steal my name all the time. Annoys the shit out of me, but I guess brilliant names are hard to come by.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell yea my deal is 70% off the phase rifle for sentinel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleBobApple View Post
    Hell yea my deal is 70% off the phase rifle for sentinel.
    tried the sniper rifles in the dummy test tutorial thing and their pretty weak

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post

while i admit the sentinel isnt as bad as i originally thought this video in no way shows how effective they are..

correct me if im wrong but he is playing a group of team stackers against random players lol its like making a video of a pro arena team against 3 random players.. it tells you almost nothing about the class other than being a sniper in tribes is very different from the usual stuff. sentinel can do almost nothing against a decent team, just like a spy in tf2 in competitive play. There are just too many ways to counter the class to make them ineffective and worthless other than spotters.. which gives no bonus to you and has horrible horrible horrible tracking.

However im not going to complain because this is pretty much a decent game if u like tribes or surfing mods for counter strike etc and its free.. but overall id give the game 6/10 and its a decent time killer. I guess ill have to wait for FIREFALL

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is one of the best games I have ever played.
    However, the stuff to buy is incredibly over priced and I don't think I am going to buy any of it. The amount of money they are charging for the coins is ridiculous compared to the amount of coins you need to unlock stuff.
    Now if they had a set price for the entire game of like $40 or 50$ I would do it.

Edit: On the bright side, it is not pay to win. Without buying anything I can still kill people just fine, and I never feel like anyone who kills me is over powered.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-07-04 at 03:53 AM.

Deleted
    i dont think they are overpriced it costs like 70-80k exp to unlock the top weapons.. some are useless and that would be like a 5-6 hours tops if u have starter pack (50% exp bonus) and arent totally useless. I have all classes unlocked after 2 days and bought some extra weapons and perks.

Best game ever? c'mon seriously lol..

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont think they are overpriced it costs like 70-80k exp to unlock the top weapons.. some are useless and that would be like a 5-6 hours tops if u have starter pack (50% exp bonus) and arent totally useless. I have all classes unlocked after 2 days and bought some extra weapons and perks.

Best game ever? c'mon seriously lol..
    I didn't mean overpriced for exp, I meant for real money which is what this thread is about.
    Balanced classes/weapons, good graphics, very fast paced and engaging combat, the ski system is absolutely brilliant, and it's free to play.
    Does it really get better than that?

Only weapon that is a bit powerful for its price is plasma gun/cannon for raider and brute. They still need to shrink the hitbox a little bit on the shots too. The weapon is just so easy to use. Especially when going for midairs.

I can't remember my best deal. Though I am kind of pissed that I ran out of gold, then mines for the doombringer went on sale.

And the jug's spinfusor disc right after...
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.