10+ Year Old Account

Fire Mage - Advice

Looking for some help from some more experience fire mage's, just looking for some criticism on my reforging, and my enchanting/gemming. I am currently bursting up to 28k dps on a dummy with combustion at the start of a fight and then slowing down to 20k stable. Is this good?

I am looking to start doing Dragon Soul on Normal in some PUGs soon, and I need all the help I can get!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...haria/advanced

Thanks,
    Lyntharia.

Deleted
    I would suggest running more LFR, you can get a bunch of upgrades from there and from the VP vendor aswell.
    Try to get a new trinket asap, but that you will get from running more LFR.

About enchants: Power Torrent on weapon now! 50 int on bracers, and i prefer Lavawalker on feet but 50 hit is good aswell. And its not a big deal but the spirit on your legs does nothing, so when you get new legs get the int + stamina enchant instead. Exalted Therazane enchant would be better.

I guess you could optimize your reforgings better with wowreforge.com to get a more exact hit cap. Also aim for the 2005 haste cap, dunno if its obtainalbe with your gear yet (too lazy to check myself). But once you get 2-set T13, get atleast 1505, or 1716 haste rating.

Get 2 professions to 500 so you get the profession bonuses, preferably to crafting ones. So that you get the 80+ intellect bonus. Tailoring is good choise for free leg enchant and a silly good back enchant.

That should cover most of your gear

That's no terrible dps. I would review noxxic/elitistjerks thoughts one pve fire mage and adjust your rotation accordingly (if need be). There could be one small detail you've overlooked that costs you those valuable procs! Also, agree with upping those profs, especially tailoring-when the cloak chant procs, it's an awesome boost.

Fire Mage depends so heavy on gear... I was also frustrated when I started my fire mage, because normally I was used to top the meters in comparison to other guys with the same ilvl. After doing some runs with my guild and some lfr runs my gear started to get better and now my DPS is ok for my ilvl - though I've got two pretty bad trinkets (exactly none from DS - had no luck -.-).
    Conclusion: Try to get better gear to make RNG being not that random. Haste and Crit helps a lot. Also the T13 4p bonus is really awesome.

Deleted
    Nothing to obviously wrong here it seems, bar the proffesions. 20k on a dummy seems decent enough.

Some easy upgrades to make though, in addition to the already mentioned 50 Intell on the bracers and Power torrent.:
    - change the chest or gloves for the 378 Tier 11 version (JP Bought) to make the 2 set with your legs
    - Buy the JP Trinket, it suck but its better than the green you have. And/or try to farm the trinket from the HoT dungeon.
    - Dont use Reckless embers, Potent embers instead.
    - Dont use Ghostly spellthread, spirit is useless and makes you look like a n00b. Instead use the ones with stamina.
    - The VP Cloak, there is none better, stick a 50 Intellect gem in there

Thing to look out for is your not gonna get THAT much Hot Streaks, make sure to keep Critical mass up!!
    Last edited by mmoc980c3dc910; 2012-07-13 at 08:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by namliam View Post
    Nothing to obviously wrong here it seems, bar the proffesions. 20k on a dummy seems decent enough.

Some easy upgrades to make though, in addition to the already mentioned 50 Intell on the bracers and Power torrent.:
    - change the chest or gloves for the 378 Tier 11 version (JP Bought) to make the 2 set with your legs
    - Buy the JP Trinket, it suck but its better than the green you have. And/or try to farm the trinket from the HoT dungeon.
    - Dont use Reckless embers, Potent embers instead.
    - Dont use Ghostly spellthread, spirit is useless and makes you look like a n00b. Instead use the ones with stamina.
    - The VP Cloak, there is none better, stick a 50 Intellect gem in there

Thing to look out for is your not gonna get THAT much Hot Streaks, make sure to keep Critical mass up!!
    all of the above plus your professions
    Try to maximize two profs that will benefit you , one is tailoring and you can have enchanting for a second so as you craft tailoring recipes you can disenchant them and get mats for enchanting..it's kind of expensive to lvl two profs from zero but in time you ll get there

15+ Year Old Account
    In addition to his request. I am curious is there something in the blizzard UI that has covered up telling me just how much damage is being done per tick of Ignite or an addon to tell me how much Ignite is burning for?
    I've been a fire mage long enough to know how to play them, 7 years actually, but I'm stumped as this last patch Simplified everything so I can't keep track of the best possible time to hit my combustion for the best effect.
    I have however landed a 31K combustion on the first boss in Well of Eternity. I was proud of myself for that.

Made by Ariyana!

10+ Year Old Account
    Try Combustion Helper.
    It's a simple addon that doesnt take much space in your UI and gives you the numbers of LB,ignite,pyroblast an any given moment.
    Doesnt require any special configurations either

Deleted
    MyBigIgnite, simple easy clean