Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Chick-Fil-A and the Politics of Food

Chick-Fil-A has found itself in hot water recently for comments its president has made:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0712/78795.html

Makes you wonder why a restaurant would do this. You really only stand to lose business over this.

Anyone not gonna shop there anymore?
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Not going to Chik Fil A because the president has an opinion different than yours? Seems a bit pathetic. Besides, Chik Fil A has amazing chicken.
    Last edited by Echelonl; 2012-07-21 at 07:02 AM.

I ALREADY hate Chik-Fil-A because their sorry asses won't give me refills and their food leaves me hungry again an hour later......

This? Well.... I'm not a liberal so I couldn't care less. Point is, I hate them, but for other reasons

Also, this news should not surprise anyone. Almost all Christian/Republicans oppose gay marriage. (Note I said Almost, don't argue with me on that, I said almost) they may be too politically correct to say it to your face or publicly but it's what they believe in private.

So a guy who runs a chicken joint that passes out bible stories in the kids meals and closes on Sundays is opposed to homosexual marriage? What a SHOCK?!

If the liberals drive these frugal bastards out of business for opposing gay marriage? I can't say I'd be sad about it, if you won't give me refills... then fuck you

Free Refills > Civil Rights lol
    Last edited by WaitingforMoP; 2012-07-21 at 07:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The president can have any opinion they want. The day they start discriminating against customers and employees, then the real shit storm will happen.

Sounds stupid unless they do not serve gay people food or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd be surprised. The mayor of Boston has already made an ass out of himself saying they actively discriminate against gays.

Quote Originally Posted by Echelonl View Post
    Besides, Chik Fil A has amazing chicken.

That alone makes it impossible to give up.
    Men!

I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

10+ Year Old Account
    I no longer eat there. He can have his opinion but when he funds groups that work against giving people their undeniable rights is when he goes to far. Should have stayed neutral as a business.

I support equality and won't give my money to a company that in turn sends part of the profit to work against that.

people are allowed to have opinions. Chik-fil-a is also a pretty generous company in terms of scholarships and charity. They're also obviously christian with the whole 'not open on sundays' thing, which makes me wonder why people are so surprised that the founders would be against gay marriage.

I don't eat at chik-fil-a very often, but if i did, this wouldn't have much of an effect on me. unless it's revealed that they have malicious intent and are secretly funding extremist groups, i am going to eat there. I don't agree with all of my friends' beliefs or political views, but i'm not going to disown them or cut all ties because one of them tells me "hey, man. i'm against gay marriage."

Chick Fil A didn't get their contract renewed at the local university because of student objections to continued business with them a few years back.

I don’t care if the president is Hitler incarnate, Chick Fil A is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Lol, that made me mentally visualize a flamboyant voiced gay man driving up to the order box at a Chik Fil A , placing his order and being told "Sorry sir, but you sound gay, we can't serve you"

That alone makes it impossible to give up.
    Pffft. Yeah their foods pretty good... but Popeyes/Churchs chicken puts them to absolute shame. Actually even McDonalds makes better chicken related food.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsumata View Post
    I no longer eat there. He can have his opinion but when he funds groups that work against giving people their undeniable rights is when he goes to far. Should have stayed neutral as a business.

I support equality and won't give my money to a company that in turn sends part of the profit to work against that.
    Pretty much this. I was aware of their policy of supporting hate and did not eat at their restaurants, but it's nice to see a little shit swirl around them.

Quote Originally Posted by Echelonl View Post
    Not going to Chik Fil A because the president has an opinion different than yours? Seems a bit pathetic. Besides, Chik Fil A has amazing chicken.
    I won't go to Chik-Fil-A not because of his opinion being different than mine, but because of the large amounts of money they donate to hate groups. I will have none of my dollars be apart of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Don't be idiot. They never said that. They just don't support the idea of gay marriage. Please stop imagine stuff up out of your arse.

I'm proud of Chick-fil-a and how they stand up for what they believe in. This kind of stand will definitely help their business grow even more. Even with their policy of closing on Sunday to respect bibical view on Sabbath day (while all other fast food resturants continue to open on Sunday), Chick-fil-A is still growing STRONG. If you don't have Chick-fil-A in your area, you don't have right to say anything. Go to southeast area and you will see how strong and FULL the resturant is. Everyone is ALWAYS going there because of awesome customer services and food.

Chick-fil-a certainly have their rights to stand for what they believe in. Who are you to dicate them what to do? If you don't agree with them then just don't buy food there and that's it. There is nothing to stop you from form your own resturant that endorse and support gays. Don't impose and shove your belief into everyone's throat, include Chick-fil-a.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post
    Pffft. Yeah their foods pretty good... but Popeyes/Churchs chicken puts them to absolute shame. Actually even McDonalds makes better chicken related food.
    The closest Popeyes to me seems to be at the Atlanta airport >_<. Haven't had Church's before, gonna have to try me some of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Chick Fil A didn't get their contract renewed at the local university because of student objections to continued business with them a few years back.
    For this reason I assume?
    Men!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egitel View Post
    I won't go to Chik-Fil-A not because of his opinion being different than mine, but because of the large amounts of money they donate to hate groups. I will have none of my dollars be apart of that.
    Another ignorance comment. Disagree with one lifestyle is NOT a hate.

Quote Originally Posted by seije View Post
    people are allowed to have opinions. Chik-fil-a is also a pretty generous company in terms of scholarships and charity. They're also obviously christian with the whole 'not open on sundays' thing, which makes me wonder why people are so surprised that the founders would be against gay marriage.

I don't eat at chik-fil-a very often, but if i did, this wouldn't have much of an effect on me. unless it's revealed that they have malicious intent and are secretly funding extremist groups, i am going to eat there. I don't agree with all of my friends' beliefs or political views, but i'm not going to disown them or cut all ties because one of them tells me "hey, man. i'm against gay marriage."
    They are, actually. I can't find the list of groups they fund, I read it sometime back, but can't find the article anymore because all the google searches come up with is this recent scandal. If I can find it, I'll post it here.

---------- Post added 2012-07-21 at 03:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonix80 View Post
    No, but wanting gay people wiped from the planet certainly is, which is the message one of the groups they support spreads, so before spouting off about ignorance, take a look at your own. Thanks for playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Egitel View Post
    Hate groups like the Fellowship of Christian Athletes? You make it sound like they donate to the KKK.

Chances are you purchase clothes and shoes created by young men and women working in sweat shops for 12 cents an hour. I bet if you tracked down just how the things you have purchased are made, you would be appalled. Seems silly to jump on a high-horse for one issue, when even more serious ones are being blissfully ignored.

I'm not saying being anti-gay is right, I am just saying that there are far worse things that go on that you and everyone else chose to ignore.

Don't be idiot. They never said that. They just don't support the idea of gay marriage. Please stop imagine stuff up out of your arse.
    Try reading comprehension.

Hate or not, they've actively donated millions of dollars to groups who actively oppose homosexual marriage.

I don't mind business owners having their own opinion, but anyone who shops at Chick-Fil-A is helping to fund groups who are trying to prevent homosexual marriage from ever becoming legal. You can't really fault people who want same-sex marriage for boycotting Chick-Fil-A, or calling on others to do the same; the business lost their right to complain (well, without being hypocrites at least) the moment they stopped being politically neutral.