Thread: Rareware :(

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazymangaka View Post
    That's the OG SNES. They looked like this:

You must've had the redesigned SNES, that debuted later in the 90's. It looked like this:

The Europe version was never blue,well mine wasnt anyway it was pure grey and there was no buttons just levers and such to switch it on and eject the cartridge,the pad also had colours i think it was Red for A Blue for X Green for Y and Yellow for B,i also had a cartridge converter that allowed you to play American SNES games aslong as you had a EU game in the 2nd slot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    The Europe version was never blue,well mine wasnt anyway it was pure grey and there was no buttons just levers and such to switch it on and eject the cartridge,the pad also had colours i think it was Red for A Blue for X Green for Y and Yellow for B,i also had a cartridge converter that allowed you to play American SNES games aslong as you had a EU game in the 2nd slot.
    Ah, this guy here then:

Didn't realize at first that you were European. The two that I posted earlier were, as you've probably realized, North American SNES models.

Let the fall of the mighty Rareware serve as a warning to developers that greed will only destroy you.

And by greed, I actually mean Microsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Diddy Kong Racing anyone?

Wasted a lot of time on that.
    Never could beat that damn clock... Had only 1 race with him left.

The model 1 US SNES design is one of the most hideous looking consoles ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    i didn't own a n64.... sega, ps1,ps2 then off to pc land <3 :P

Ah, this guy here then:

Didn't realize at first that you were European. The two that I posted earlier were, as you've probably realized, North American SNES models.
    Just look at this bad boy. Still looks way cooler than any "next-gen" console, whatever that may be.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I still hold on to this sliver of hope that they'll come back to making great games again, but deep down I know it's not gonna happen.

At least I never get tired of Banjo Kazooie.
    While I care not for console based platform games there IS a glimmer of hope for those of you who do. Back in the (mainly late 16 and very early 32 bit) day Microprose were considered a pretty decent games company. They made (well ok bought the guy and game and published) the original X-com series and a fair few other delights. While the companies not really been heard of in ages, Sid Mier is certainly rather well known and still productive. Firaxis are currently "most of microprose" at the helm and doing decent things.

Basically don't give up hope
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted
    Ah, this guy here then:

Just looking at that thing brings back so many memories...

I do indeed miss games like Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, donkey kong and the like. Oh how I wish they could return to making Nintendo games where they really shine...

Rare were the Rockstar of the era, anything they touched was gold.

I still have my N64 and snes, must remember to grab them when I visit the folks. I agree Blast corps was hugely under-rated but I can't believe no one has mentioned

Ahh RARE...the reason why Goldeneye will never be on Virtual Console.....
    ....I hate you RARE.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerlop View Post
    Never could beat that damn clock... Had only 1 race with him left.
    i found the 4th race quite easy the challanges on the n64 version had were hard compaired to racing the clock
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2012-07-16 at 03:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    Rare were the Rockstar of the era, anything they touched was gold.

I still have my N64 and snes, must remember to grab them when I visit the folks. I agree Blast corps was hugely under-rated but I can't believe no one has mentioned

Completely off topic but my bro works for Rockstar (Leeds) yay im famous (14mins 59s of fame remaining)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just trying to find a developer who makes great games consistently like Rareware did in the past because it's great when you get older to look back on it and said, "Yeah son, I played that."
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    I'm just trying to find a developer who makes great games consistently like Rareware did in the past because it's great when you get older to look back on it and said, "Yeah son, I played that."
    Blizzard is in the same league imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Blizzard is in the same league imo
    I think I already look at vanilla through 2.4.3 to be nostalgic enough as it is.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Retro studios.

Rare left nintendo because basically, Nintendo owned the majority of their stock but not more than 50% of it. Rare had been slipping and making crappy games (Star Fox Adventures, for one) and taking too long in their development cycle. Rare tried to make a powermove on Nintendo, and declare an ultimatum--- buy the rest of our stock/company or we'll leave and make games for Microsoft.

Nintendo basically sold all the stock they had and told Rare to go fuck themselves.

Anyways, they turned into one of those developers that just couldn't make anything, and got caught on 10 vaporware products. All they had to do was keep making adventure games like Banjo Kazooie, Conker's BFD, etc. Maybe they'll come back to Nintendo someday and rediscover their roots.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally wouldnt have them back,Nintendo has gone from strength to strength ever since saving the games industry in the 80s after the arcade crash,yet these stupid companys like Sony and Microsoft keep insisting on trying to out do them,why they dont all just work together i dont know....

Deleted
    i miss the old rare and the old blizzard