Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What are some things that Canada, and Canadians are good at?

Mexicans have Tacos, Cubans have cigars, America has EVERYTHING, China has chinese food, Iraq has suicide bombers, Ireland has Irish people. Then I get to Canada and I can't think of anything cool they have, or any famous or interesting people from there. I'm sure there are some, so..

What exactly does Canada have, does anyone know?

Deleted
    Hockey.

Neil Young is from Canada

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Snow, and Hockey. OH and the word 'aboot'

one of the most beautiful country of the world..cause canada is full of nature and free spaces..

Canada is America's Hat.

10+ Year Old Account
    one of the most beautiful country of the world..cause canada is full of nature and free spaces..
    I'm curious how that relates to what Canadians are good at. Did they build Canada?

They ARE good at making maple syrup! And wearing plaid vests.

Deleted
    "I'm proud to be Canadian. We may not have a fancy NFL team, or Prince, but we invented Trivial Pursuit—you're welcome, Earth. Plus, in Canada, you can go to an all-nude strip club and order alcohol. That's right. From Moose Jaw to the Bay of Fundy, you can suck down a 20-ounce Pilsner while watching some coal miner's daughter strip down to her pelt. Jealous?"

Robin Sherbatsky, How i met your mother :P

Canada is definitely known for the beauty of nature, no question about it. As well as hockey when it comes to sports. They live and breathe it. An example would be during the Olympics in 2010. Canada vs USA in the gold medal hockey game. If you can believe it, 28 million people watch part or all of the game. Take into account that the population of Canada is roughly 34 million, that's just down right jaw dropping. Also a fun fact, 80% of Canadians lives in rural areas, which goes to show you just how much empty space and vast nature is virtually untouched. lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post
    French accent ?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Niagara falls, beavers, maple syrup and this annoying goose everyone hates.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Id say we have the talent and education..
    Many of the people involved in Hollywood (actors/directors/producers/etc) and singers/songwriters are actually Canadians Google it.. there are a TON.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mounties

And grizzly bears.

And BioWare
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I'm curious how that relates to what Canadians are good at. Did they build Canada?

They ARE good at making maple syrup! And wearing plaid vests.
    no but actually they are able to mantain alive that nature, not like americans/chinese or other major countries who destroys everything for making new building again and again.....

want a proof? http://www.unibas.it/cfdfood/images/...s_dmsp_big.jpg .........btw..so amazing photo..

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope.. ppl out west (BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan) sound more like ppl from California than other Canadians Ontario-east

10+ Year Old Account
    If I'm not mistaken don't they have the best special forces in the world?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ice Hockey and Maple syrup are the only 2, and completely stereotype, things I know of.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Idc bout that.. but it is fact that Canada hosts the best sniper school in the world (in Alberta).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peep View Post
    no but actually they are able to mantain alive that nature, not like americans/chinese or other major countries who destroys everything for making new building again and again.....

want a proof? http://www.unibas.it/cfdfood/images/...s_dmsp_big.jpg .........btw..so amazing photo..
    Canada has like no people compared to the landmass of their country, I am sure if Canada had 300million people like the US, their nature would take a hit. That along with the fact that no one lives in the northern parts of Canada because it is cold and crappy. No need to bash the US because our nature is just as nice as yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peep View Post
    no but actually they are able to mantain alive that nature, not like americans/chinese or other major countries who destroys everything for making new building again and again.
    Um. Not to derail this thread but..

Canadian's building stuff is just as 'environmentally destructive' as anyone else. I think you're confusing "maintain alive that nature" with "Much less population in a less habitable climate"

EDIT: Regennis'd >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post
    Mexicans have Tacos, Cubans have cigars, America has EVERYTHING, China has chinese food, Iraq has suicide bombers, Ireland has Irish people. Then I get to Canada and I can't think of anything cool they have, or any famous or interesting people from there. I'm sure there are some, so..

Technically Canada is in (North) America you know, so it has everything too? If you'd said USA on the other hand...

Also
    Iraq has suicide bombers...Then I get to Canada and I can't think of anything cool they have
    What? Firstly, stereotyping a whole country and then calling terrorists 'cool'? This thread is wrong on so many levels. Please don't make such misinformed posts as it really shows your ignorance. I hate to be the miserable git who says this but I just can't stand it. Here's hoping this is an attempt at trolling.