Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

my dps almost makes me reroll...

OK i don't know what is going on. Is it me, my gear or is balance druid just bad? I got no idea what is going on

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Elitica/simple

With this gear I am pulling a few thousand more than the tanks. The top dps was doubling my dps.

Okay i don`t play a druid myself but you should give more info about there. Provide some logs. How much DPS are you pulling ? What rotation are you using ? Is it AoE or single target ?

Deleted
    singletarget bossfights. I don't know how to give logs :s and lets say 20K dps overall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    OK i don't know what is going on. Is it me, my gear or is balance druid just bad? I got no idea what is going on

With this gear I am pulling a few thousand more than the tanks. The top dps was doubling my dps.
    You need to logout in your Balance gear.

Are you using Solar for AoE as well as shrooms? Our single target dps is awful so in order to have competitive dps you need to maximize your AoE/multidotting (where we excel).

Quote Originally Posted by pakoa View Post
    Are you using Solar for AoE as well as shrooms? Our single target dps is awful so in order to have competitive dps you need to maximize your AoE/multidotting (where we excel).
    Well that right there is wrong, but as stated earlier logging out in your pve gear would help. And possibly some logs?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only DS fight in which moonkins are terrible is Ultraxion. The rest of the bossfights you should be competitive and on Warmaster you should be top (unless there are legendary rogues). If your gear is multiple Ilvls below the rest of your raidgroup that makes quite a difference in dps, if it is not however it has to be you :/ (except on ultrax).

Professions can add dps ...
    Also you are logged out in feral pvp gear so can't really comment.
    Why don't you try loading your character into Mr. Robot's gear optimizer and see if there are enchants/reforges done wrong.

Deleted
    I echo what already is said, however balance druids arent bad at all. Yes single target isnt great, but it is definitely not bad either. The most important dps increase is timing Nature's Grace uptime, and making sure your dots are affected by eclipse and ng (and poss powertorrent and insignia). If you time this well, that is a huge increase in dps. I would advice to make some poweraura strings to show you when its on and stuff. Also, explode shrooms in solar, use starfall in lunar (or hit it literally everytime its off cd), treants when affected by pot and so on.

So, moonkins now are pretty good, you just have to be aware of buffs, procs and eclipse states. So if you struggle to do 20k, even 25k, then you should work on the things i mentioned above. I cant comment on gear since you were feral pvp gear.

Hope this helps you

Deleted
    OK i am now logged out in balance gear

10+ Year Old Account
    Last thing I heard from Balance Druids, Lunar Shower is a DPS loss. So that might be worth removing.
    You're also in Feral gear again, so I can't comment on the gear.
    Having no professions at all hurts a lot.

Also, how to log: Before you go into a fight or a Raid instance, type /combatlog. Then until you log out, you will be logging. You can upload this to www.worldoflogs.com. Make an account, make a fake guild named Nightstalkerrisawesome on your server on their website, and click the client button. On the client you open the log file that is located in the WoW installation folder, in the Logs folder, the WoWCombatLog.txt file, and when it asks to split and/or delete when it is done, you just select yes (a webpage with the log should already have opened up)
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    You need to logout in your Balance gear.
    Chances are that is his problem.

OK i am now logged out in balance gear
    And yet you are still in Agility gear. I think we've found out why the tanks are nearly beating you in dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelzúl View Post
    Well that right there is wrong
    Care to elaborate? My statement was general and of course there are other things that you can do to improve dps other than multidotting/AoE. However for someone struggling, I've found many times that it is because they are not even lining up eclipses or using shrooms (at all) - something somewhat basic to fix.

Unless you disagree that our single target dps is quite bad in which case - http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Ultraxion/25H/100/14/60/avg/
    Last edited by pakoa; 2012-07-25 at 08:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Chances are that is his problem.

And yet you are still in Agility gear. I think we've found out why the tanks are nearly beating you in dps.
    He typed that 7 hours ago, no need to be a dick about it, he obviously logged out in balanced, logged in, played as feral, and then logged out again.

---------- Post added 2012-07-25 at 10:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pakoa View Post
    Care to elaborate? My statement was general and of course there are other things that you can do to improve dps other than multidotting/AoE. However for someone struggling, I've found many times that it is because they are not even lining up eclipses or using shrooms (at all) - something somewhat basic to fix.

Unless you disagree that our single target dps is quite bad in which case - http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Ultraxion/25H/100/14/60/avg/
    Never really valued Raidbot all that much, showing the top 200 of each spec over the last 2 months on Ultraxion HC 25 isn't really the best data sample you can have. I mean, how many people are still taking Ultraxion seriously and put effort into performing their very best while it's just one big laugh (oh oops didnt press button w/e, didn't die), and then you're also limiting to 25man. those factors (last 2 months which have been a joke with nerf, the 25man aspect) alone are plenty reason not to value it too much.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Ultraxion...365/avg/#3vf7t That's over the past year. You can see the orange line is right toward the bottom. As for people not taking the game seriously, maybe but probably not so much (there's a reason these people parsed). Looking at just Boomkins dps over the past year - http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Ultraxion...14/365/avg/#20 - it's done nothing but increase.

And I chose 25 man because everyone has every buff. The data sample is not limited because even though 25 man guilds account for 7.5% of all H Madness kills, they represent 43% of all top 200 world guilds (according to wowprogress).

Edit: I actually just found out you can do this /facepalm. Here's all the 25 man parses since DS came out for Ultra - http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Ultraxion...365/avg/#3vf7t - They're even lower here than in the top 100 graph.
    Last edited by pakoa; 2012-07-25 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Despite View Post
    I echo what already is said, however balance druids arent bad at all. Yes single target isnt great, but it is definitely not bad either. The most important dps increase is timing Nature's Grace uptime, and making sure your dots are affected by eclipse and ng (and poss powertorrent and insignia). If you time this well, that is a huge increase in dps. I would advice to make some poweraura strings to show you when its on and stuff. Also, explode shrooms in solar, use starfall in lunar (or hit it literally everytime its off cd), treants when affected by pot and so on.

So, moonkins now are pretty good, you just have to be aware of buffs, procs and eclipse states. So if you struggle to do 20k, even 25k, then you should work on the things i mentioned above. I cant comment on gear since you were feral pvp gear.

Hope this helps you
    Pretty much this - Yes the class is not as faceroll as others and you have to pay attention to all these little things to really push it but it makes a hell of a difference.

Take the points out of lunar shower and put them in Moonglow, take your points out of Furor and put them into Perseverance. Plant mushrooms Pre-pot, precast starfire, pop treants, starfall insect swarm, moonfire to solar, once you get to solar detonate mushrooms, check to see if power torrent is up if it is refresh dots, if not refresh dots before your pot runs out, spam wrath and starsurge when shooting stars procs or its off cooldown, hit eclispe, refresh dots once the other ones have fallen off. Rinse and repeat. If you know when lust is being called use a pot and pop treants again just before that,

Get rid of glyth of focus unless you're doing ultraxtion, or Yorjsarj

Get some professions, alchemy is easy and give you double duration flasks and a passive plus 80 of your best stat.

Your feral gear isnt enchanted so I assume your balance isn't either. Enchant your gear.

Deleted

what makes you think that if you change class you will do better dps if you cant do more dps than a tank s
    sorry if you consider my post as a troll but i do the same for yours

Your talent specs are off from what I've seen as accepted. That might be an issue. For example you should have 3/3 in furor rather than 2. You just haven't taken solar beam for some reason... You also probably don't need Blessing from the Grave at all.

Oh, and if you have points in Lunar Shower, you're making raid dps about 10x harder to do properly for a very small amount of gain. Try removing those and seeing how well you do.

If you're still having issues, check out Elitist Jerks or other similar resources to see if it's just something off with how you think your rotation is supposed to be.

Definitely don't want any points in Furor, let alone three ^. Why waste 3 talent points when shifting into bear and using enrage does the same exact thing? Also, keep Blessing of the Grove - it's not the best dps increase, but it is one nonetheless.

You take furor for the 15% mana increase as far as I know. Unless boomkins don't need as much mana these days. I don't play one myself so I go off guides.