10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't help that I'm not an eloquent speaker, it's why I'm in this delicate conundrum.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    I don't get the people who take the guy's side... And I find it ridiculous he actually won the case.
    He won, probably, because in China men are more favoured than women. I don't know if the baby that was born is a female or not, but if it is, it makes even more sense to why he won the case.

+ 21

But still, it was her choice to have the surgery. And she should've been clean/honest about it. I'm not condoning his actions (pretty drastic), but I understand his viewpoint. She pretty much deceived him.

And judging people by attractiveness isn't something to be discussed with me. In that respect, in very shallow. I'm the sort that'll create judgements and preconceptions about you based in what you look like.

Don't bother trying to argue with people on the internet.

One of my favourite quotes,

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde

The anonymity allows some to say what they may not face to face as I doubt anyone would agree that the man in the lawsuit was right if asked in person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    He won, probably, because in China men are more favoured than women. I don't know if the baby that was born is a female or not, but if it is, it makes even more sense to why he won the case.

+ 21
    The baby was a girl.

Something.

Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    You forgot to mention that he also received $120,000 dollars to NOT take care of the baby and not pay child support.
    I'll admit, that's pretty shitty/ridiculous.

Deleted
    That whole case is still total bulls*it. It really gives out a message that looks are everything when it comes to love and anything in general. I just don't get it how people can defend this sort of behaviour.

Buuuut widdle me is going to bed now. G'night, don't get into too much trouble! :3

+ 22

As a wise Shinigami once said "Humans are interesting"

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    That whole case is still total bulls*it. It really gives out a message that looks are everything when it comes to love and anything in general. I just don't get it how people can defend this sort of behaviour.

Buuuut widdle me is going to bed now. G'night, don't get into too much trouble! :3
    Night night person who I havn't formally met who seems to be a good hearted individual!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    But still, it was her choice to have the surgery. And she should've been clean/honest about it. I'm not condoning his actions (pretty drastic), but I understand his viewpoint. She pretty much deceived him.

And judging people by attractiveness isn't something to be discussed with me. In that respect, in very shallow. I'm the sort that'll create judgements and preconceptions about you based in what you look like.
    I don't think you'd ruin someones live based on what that someone used to look like though. I'm alright (I don't think it's right personally, but it's within a persons right to do so and I won't interfere with that) with people judging others by attractiveness, but treating people different in respects of ethics and legality is what I'm opposed to.

I know I try not to, Mogul'Khan, General of the Red Mist, and I love that quote!

Goodnight, Ave.

Something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    As a wise Shinigami once said "Humans are interesting"
    ^^

Good night Aveline! Nice talking to you, it was pretty fun and entertaining.

I don't think you'd ruin someones live based on what that someone used to look like though. I'm alright (I don't think it's right personally, but it's within a persons right to do so and I won't interfere with that) with people judging others by attractiveness, but treating people different in respects of ethics and legality is what I'm opposed to.

I know I try not to, Mogul'Khan, General of the Red Mist, and I love that quote!

Goodnight, Ave.
    Sure, his response was really douchey (and the court's ruling was outright ridiculous), but you have to consider what he's faced.

She lied to him. And a pretty extensive one at that. How on earth can a relationship be built up when you outright deceive the one that you're supposed to love?

Plus, stuff works differently in China. If you're only having one child, wouldn't you want it to be perfect? He basically isn't allowed anymore (his initial thought after the kid was born), and the only progeny he has was born from a lie of a relationship?

I'm not trying to outright defend him. I'm the sort that'd rather consider both sides of the argument.

Deleted
    I think the woman didn't get the surgeries for him. It just happens to be that they met each other, I think, after she had surgery. If that's the case, she didn't lie.

Though I'm not sure this is the case.

+ 21

Still, you have drastic surgery like that and you don't tell the person that you intend to spend your life with the truth? Seems pretty shitty to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, his response was really douchey (and the court's ruling was outright ridiculous), but you have to consider what he's faced.

She lied to him. And a pretty extensive one at that. How on earth can a relationship be built up when you outright deceive the one that you're supposed to love?

Plus, stuff works differently in China. If you're only having one child, wouldn't you want it to be perfect? He basically isn't allowed anymore (his initial thought after the kid was born), and the only progeny he has was born from a lie of a relationship?

I'm not trying to outright defend him. I'm the sort that'd rather consider both sides of the argument.
    Personally, I feel that it was within her rights to deceive him concerning her attractiveness, just because the world seems to think that how good you look is the only thing in the world that matters. I agree with you though, she should have told him before they had children, still I don't think she should be punished, especially if he gets to just move on with his life and never see or speak to the child or his wife again and receive lots of money. However, my arguments were much less about the case and more about morality in general.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 07:03 PM ----------

Still, you have drastic surgery like that and you don't tell the person that you intend to spend your life with the truth? Seems pretty shitty to me.
    It seems pointless to get surgery to make you look attractive if you run around telling and showing the world what you looked like before.

Something.

Deleted
    I personally think the past of that woman, or anyone else, should matter, that much, if you want to spend your life with her or someone else.

She is the way she is now, not how she used to be, I still think she did nothing wrong.

Meh, I don't want to discuss this. xd

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I can understand why, Maj.

So...how 'bout them Yanks? (or something).

Something.

Personally, I feel that it was within her rights to deceive him concerning her attractiveness, just because the world seems to think that how good you look is the only thing in the world that matters. I agree with you though, she should have told him before they had children, still I don't think she should be punished, especially if he gets to just move on with his life and never see or speak to the child or his wife again and receive lots of money. However, my arguments were much less about the case and more about morality in general.
    It's a tricky subject, as morality, norms, values, etc, differ in different countries and societies. Unless we live in the same situations as them, it's difficult to judge. And even in that case, people are unique and different, and you can't directly emulate another.

I think the easiest thing to say, from our perspective, is that all parties involved did something wrong. But unless we were one of them, we can't really say what is necessarily right.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 02:09 AM ----------

I personally think the past of that woman, or anyone else, should matter, that much, if you want to spend your life with her or someone else.

She is the way she is now, not how she used to be, I still think she did nothing wrong.

Meh, I don't want to discuss this. xd
    The past is part of the package. If I was with a guy who was born a girl, for example, I'd want to know. But then again, I'm sure everyone would approach this differently.

10+ Year Old Account
    + 22

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Deleted
    The past is part of the package. If I was with a guy who was born a girl, for example, I'd want to know. But then again, I'm sure everyone would approach this differently.
    Yeah, that's true.

Everyone sees this in a different way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree Ely, which is why I focused less on the case and more about things in general.

Anyways, for Maj's sake (and maybe a little for my own sake ), perhaps we should change the subject.

Something.