Page 18 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ventura View Post
    Then why did I buy a Ring of the Kirin Tor to portal? (horde)
    I hope I'll get a refund :-)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Indeed. And if it moved to Kalimdor it should not move back to Dustwallow. The region will be swarming with Horde troops, and moving it back where would only make it an immediate target for another siege.

There are two viable places to move it IF Blizz wanted to.

1. Northern Kalimdor. This would put it right on the front between the NElves and Orcs. Also close enough to Orgrimmar to make it a viable launching point for the SoO.

2. The Park. Attaching Dalaran to Stormwind would cement their rejoin of the Alliance. And it would satisfy people who have been QQing for a new district to go there. Plus it can float there, so the whole "it's a flaming crater" thing doesn't work.
    I'll give you that it doesn't need to return to Dustwallow, but where in Northern Kalimdor are you going to put it? It can't be over Night Elf lands, they as a culture are still not very hot on giving the laws of nature the finger and a floating city is very much doing just that. Dustwallow would need quite a bit of time to be fortified, and something tells me the Horde won't have a lot of troops to spare to keep the swamp "crawling" with troops, what with Pandaria escalating.

Also, how do you siege a flying city bristling with some of the best mages in the world when your entire army is ground-based and geared for melee? Even the mighty orcish catapults wouldn't be very helpful against something flying high, moving and able to defend itself with fireballs.

And nope, there's no way Dalaran would go to Stormwind. First, the place already has a Mage District, they don't need even more mage stuff. Second, the park is not THAT big. Third, you'd overshadow Stormwind entirely if Dalaran was anywhere near it. Fourh, ohgodthelag!!!!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    I'll give you that it doesn't need to return to Dustwallow, but where in Northern Kalimdor are you going to put it? It can't be over Night Elf lands, they as a culture are still not very hot on giving the laws of nature the finger and a floating city is very much doing just that. Dustwallow would need quite a bit of time to be fortified, and something tells me the Horde won't have a lot of troops to spare to keep the swamp "crawling" with troops, what with Pandaria escalating.

Also, how do you siege a flying city bristling with some of the best mages in the world when your entire army is ground-based and geared for melee? Even the mighty orcish catapults wouldn't be very helpful against something flying high, moving and able to defend itself with fireballs.

And nope, there's no way Dalaran would go to Stormwind. First, the place already has a Mage District, they don't need even more mage stuff. Second, the park is not THAT big. Third, you'd overshadow Stormwind entirely if Dalaran was anywhere near it. Fourh, ohgodthelag!!!!
    We should have it nuke the Lumber Yards in Ashenvale and float over there.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    We should have it nuke the Lumber Yards in Ashenvale and float over there.
    You can't do that! What happens to Warsong Gulch?!
    Actually, I'd be all up for that. Nuke the place, screw Warsong Gulch. :P

Jokes aside, it's still Night Elf territory. Even if the Orcs razed it.

Deleted
    Why do you all argue about "Dalaran couldn't move back, because forsaken" thing? Dalaran moving back would create war, isn't that the whole purpose of MoP? War? And do you think the forsaken will sit and say 'hey, there's Dalaran floating up there (since it can't fit the little hole), let's wave and continue our usual day"? No, they'll attack back. And then we'll have some kind of war, maybe scenarios, maybe a raid (maybe this will be made to give the Horde something, as in they raid Dalaran, Alliance raids Orgrimmar, so that they don't complain that their capital gets some problems.

Deleted
    As much as i find all the new lore being created while we are in it, I honeslty think them moving Jaina to Dalaran is nothing more than that.
    I mean, she does need a new place to be after all since Theramore is being destroyed

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Why do you all argue about "Dalaran couldn't move back, because forsaken" thing? Dalaran moving back would create war, isn't that the whole purpose of MoP? War? And do you think the forsaken will sit and say 'hey, there's Dalaran floating up there (since it can't fit the little hole), let's wave and continue our usual day"? No, they'll attack back. And then we'll have some kind of war, maybe scenarios, maybe a raid (maybe this will be made to give the Horde something, as in they raid Dalaran, Alliance raids Orgrimmar, so that they don't complain that their capital gets some problems.
    Oh they could move back, but mages calculate a lot without proper support it is almost suicide to return there, the forsaken control Silverpine ,Hillsbrad, Tirisfal and most of the Western Plaguelands. It would be better for Dalaran to relocate somewhere else for now, it is not like their crater is running from them ;P

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    You can't do that! What happens to Warsong Gulch?!
    Actually, I'd be all up for that. Nuke the place, screw Warsong Gulch. :P

Jokes aside, it's still Night Elf territory. Even if the Orcs razed it.
    Well if we're going to get that technical then we may as well keep it in Northrend and just use a big portal.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I doubt we'll see a new Dalaran. A new Dalaran run town/city/fort/strip mall maybe, but I doubt we'll see Dalaran 2.0.

I'm not sure how that would fly with Rhonin. He's very into the whole "stand together or fall alone" type of diplomatic relations.

Something else I'm curious about...in beta, Theramore hasn't been altered yet. I'm getting nervous that maybe they don't PLAN to update the zone outside of the scenarios, and while Theramore will be destroyed int he present, it won't be in the past when Dustwallow Marsh is set, a huge thorn in the side for RPers that would want to go see the place. Of course, maybe they're just not done with it yet, or will introduce it in the PTR instead.

We lose Theramore, so it's only fair if we get Dalaran as compensation.

I'd be incredibly happy if Rhonin died however. Please excuse my choice of words, but Knaak was a fucking disaster and I absolutely despise every character he's introduced.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    I'm not sure how that would fly with Rhonin. He's very into the whole "stand together or fall alone" type of diplomatic relations.
    For one reason or another Rhonin will not remain leader of the Kirin Tor after these events.

---------- Post added 2012-07-17 at 06:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post

I'd be incredibly happy if Rhonin died however. Please excuse my choice of words, but Knaak was a fucking disaster and I absolutely despise every character he's introduced.
    Well the last novel did kill off Krasus, so maybe this one will kill Rhonin.

10+ Year Old Account
    She will probably go insane and be the new main villain :/ We have seen it all before.

OT: I think the OP is a pretty safe bet.

That's a tough sell, honestly. It'd be the bravest move Blizzard have made in years, a lot of people love that city, it's no small quest zone, a lot of folks have their hearthstone set there.

---------- Post added 2012-07-17 at 07:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    They're not even close to comparable in game terms, though.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    She will probably go insane and be the new main villain :/ We have seen it all before.

OT: I think the OP is a pretty safe bet.
    The new voice files show that Jaina actually does NOT go crazy, Kalecgos helps her get better.

---------- Post added 2012-07-17 at 06:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    That's a tough sell, honestly. It'd be the bravest move Blizzard have made in years, a lot of people love that city, it's no small quest zone, a lot of folks have their hearthstone set there.

---------- Post added 2012-07-17 at 07:44 PM ----------

They're not even close to comparable in game terms, though.
    Ok people still don't seem to get it...THEY WOULD NOT REMOVE DALARAN FROM NORTHREND. DALARAN IN NORTHREND IS SET IN THE PAST AND WOULD NOT BE TOUCHED. JUST LIKE HOW THRALL IS STILL WARCHIEF IN NORTHREND. Sorry for the caps but this has been explained MANY MANY times in the thread already.

And blizzard has stated they do not even out losses and gains, they find that to be boring story telling, so losing something does not mean we're due to get something in return, nor does one factoin gaining something mean the other must too.

I have speculated on another forum that we might see the destruction of Dalaran.
    Facts:
    1) Garrosh has something that can blow up cities a nuclear bomb etc.
    2) Garrosh does something so bad that it even turns the horde against him for the final raid.
    3) Jaina takes the lead in dalaran.

I could see Garrosh launching an assault on dalaran, blowing it up with a surprise nuclear attack. Jaina teleporting everyone to safety and leading everyone in a raid against garrosh. I really cannot think of something else that would turn the horde on garrosh, unless they take the real subtle route...but the horde has never been subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcbound View Post
    I have speculated on another forum that we might see the destruction of Dalaran.
    Facts:
    1) Garrosh has something that can blow up cities a nuclear bomb etc.
    2) Garrosh does something so bad that it even turns the horde against him for the final raid.
    3) Jaina takes the lead in dalaran.

I could see Garrosh launching an assault on dalaran, blowing it up with a surprise nuclear attack. Jaina teleporting everyone to safety and leading everyone in a raid against garrosh. I really cannot think of something else that would turn the horde on garrosh, unless they take the real subtle route...but the horde has never been subtle.
    That would be waaaaay too similar to what happens in Theramore. Basiclaly the exact same thing minus everyone but Jaina dying. It would be very boring from a storytelling point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    That would be waaaaay too similar to what happens in Theramore. Basiclaly the exact same thing minus everyone but Jaina dying. It would be very boring from a storytelling point of view.
    But logical. Garrosh would be pissed that someone actualy escaped, so he tried to finish it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Oh they could move back, but mages calculate a lot without proper support it is almost suicide to return there, the forsaken control Silverpine ,Hillsbrad, Tirisfal and most of the Western Plaguelands. It would be better for Dalaran to relocate somewhere else for now, it is not like their crater is running from them ;P
    Distracting tactics. Dalaran moving back distracts the Forsaken while Gilneas and Stormgarde grow in strengh, thus getting rid of the advantage the forsaken have, natural barriers (the separation between Azeroth, the continent, and Lordaeron only linked through one bridge and the wild ocean separating anything else) then Dalaran pops out.