Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

I think about WoW-characters while I'm with my girlfriend - How do I tell her?

Hey everyone,

I've been doing something recently that's a tiny bit embarassing yet something that's been with me for some time now. To start off, I'd like to explain a bit of background information on how it got to this point.

First of all, I'm a nerd, and I've always been one ever since I was a kid. I started playing World of Warcraft in my teens, and ever since then I've found myself attracted to female toons in the game. It may sound a bit weird, but back then, I was what most people would no doubt class as a typical "no lifer". I constantly spent time alone at home playing video games and not do much else(I had zero real-life activities). I can add that duirng these times I had ZERO contact with (real) girls aswell. Being a teenager, I was in the period where I had a ton of hormones running through my body, and I saw the World of Warcraft characters as my way of stimulating my desires. I suppose you could call it sexual frustration. That being said, I'm not afraid of admitting any of these things, admittingly I problaby wouldn't have if it hadn't have been for some life-changing events a year ago... but I've just learned to be honest to myself pretty much. As weird as it may sound, there was nothing more attractive than seeing a blood elf, night elf or a draenei in revealing outfits. It was basically all I had to relieve my sexual tensions on. Yes, I was sexually frustrated during this time.

Anyway, fast forwarding... I played WoW for several years. I cared A LOT about WoW, it was my life, and all my "achievements" were in the game. I was never the type that dropped out of school or anything, I actually made it through just fine... but other than school all I did was to game. I eventually quit a couple of years ago. I suddenly found myself in a period where I had basically nothing to do with my spare time, so with the help of a friend of mine, I started gaining some weight through lifting weights at the gym and eating properly. (Originally I weighed a meager 105lbs while being 5'7 - being an ectomorph sucks sometimes). Anyway a couple of months later, I had actually gained a lot of muscle-weight and I was really happy about that. Naturally, I started becoming a bit more open to other activities, such as swimming. This was when I met a wonderful woman whom I ended up dating. This was literally the type of girl whom 1 year previously I could only dream of being with. I was really happy about her, and I naturally put my past with thinking of WoW-characters behind me. I just basically forgot about everything.

Then, and actually very recently (~2 months ago), it struck me again. I was over at a game-store checking some stuff out (Had a friend whose birthday was coming up, and I wanted to get him a PS3 game). And there it was - a Mists of Pandaria commercial. I chuckled a bit and started thinking about my time in WoW - all the great moments I had, lore that I used to love and stuff like that. Admittingly I did feel a slight urge to start playing again, but I just shrugged it off and moved on. The next time I saw my girlfriend, which was 4 days later... that's when it started. As weird as it may sound, I actually caught myself thinking about a WoW-character while making love to her. Feeling a surge of emotions, the sex was over rather quickly. If I had to explain what I felt in just that single moment, it was just nuts. It was almost as if all my previous frustrations just came out all at once.

Now, I've been doing this for ~2 months. I just basically can't help it, and I also can't help but to feel a bit bad about it. I sort of feel like I'm being dishonest to my girlfriend. I know that she thinks I'm thinking about her, yet I'm not, and it's been bothering me a lot recently. At first, I was a bit relaxed about it all and dismissed it with thoughts like "Nah, it wasn't anything big" but then it just started getting to me more and more - I was actually thinking of a fictional character instead of my girlfriend.

I really want to tell her, but I just don't know how to put it. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to go about this? Do I tell her or do I just keep my mouth shut? I really don't want to hurt her, but I don't want to be dishonest either.

Anyway, that's my story. Any suggestions on how to go about this?

I don't think you need to tell her at the moment, it's not like... you are cheating or anything.
    Maybe your fantasy comes from the fact you want to play wow again, and once you resolve this urge perhaps you won't repeat the same situation.

Just remember to have self-control and not put priority over anything. (basically don't play too much)

Not sure if serious or troll?

See a therapist.

Deleted
    Were you thinking about nelfs and draeneis? Thats completely acceptable.

Test the waters... see if she is into cosplay... if so win win.

10+ Year Old Account
    That happens. People get distracted, especially if they're just not into the moment at the time. It could be about anything, and it doesn't have to be about WoW. Just happened to have been at that time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesclo View Post
    Not sure if serious or troll?

See a therapist.
    For what? To get rid of the fantasies or relationship counseling? The first I can't see happening because I don't want to get rid of them. They make me feel good at the time. It's really hard to get rid of a habit like that too because it has roots down to my time as a teenager. The second I might consider, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    masturbate. furiously.

that's what i always say. and it's what I always do when I can't stop thinking about bitches.

works great for me.

put on your beard and top hat and see how it goes.

See a shrink.

Not because you think about hot animated girls while having sex but because you're consulting a forum for advice -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Test the waters... see if she is into cosplay... if so win win.
    best answer !!

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Tell her
    2. Get her to dress up as a Belf or Nelf
    3. ???
    4. Cum

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    First off, don't tell her. I doubt she'd be very happy, in fact it would probably hit her self esteem and hit it *HARD.*

I would suggest seeing a therapist privately and talk to them about this, they could give some helpful advice I am sure.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Oh my god, this is priceless xD

I feel sorry for you..

I guess it will go away :-)

Try something different with her, if you get distracted that easily, while having sex with her...

Explore her or your kinks xD

Don't stress it. Happens to everyone over completely random things. The brain loves to mess with your psyche.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't listen to the people who don't have a clue about relationships.

There is nothing wrong with talking about your fantasies with your partner, it actually improves your relationship.

This all depends on how long you have been together though, I wouldn't recommend doing it under 12 months.

Deleted
    Make her wear a Draenei costume?

Seriously... rather than telling her you're thinking about fictional characters instead of her, try to look for connections between your girlfriend and what makes you attracted to those WoW characters. Maybe really tell her about it in a way that displays it as a fetish of yours, but not in a way that makes her feel you're unsatisfied with her sexually.

You could always order some night elf ears from the internet and get her drunk under a tree and ask her to put them on.

Bear form is not recommended.

once while making love to my wife she moved in a way that hurt my junk. i couldn't help but quote XT - "i think i broke it... i guess it doesn't bend that way!" luckily she also plays wow and thought it was hilarious

Deleted
    A lot of people fantasize about other people during sex, now i don't know how common it is with thinking of toons while actually doing it.
    But yeah i think its something you can probably get over given some time. you're not really being dishonest, and i think you should take some time to figure it out completely yourself.