Deleted

Build 15882 - Warrior :)

I see some "nice" changes i believe? But still not sure if the new rage income intention is any better?
    Instant rage and dmg increase? Is it better?

- also, i don't get the Raging Blow change? Can someone enlighten me?

The rage changes are a nerf to rage generation and devalue haste even further, but oh well.

The Raging Blow change is exactly what it reads: when you get enraged ou gain a charge or Raging Blow that you can use right away or sit on. This change is actually pretty good because the 4.5 sec cd on MS caused conflict between Enrage and Bloodsurge procs previously, meaning you'd either lose the opportunity to Raging Blow, clip BT cd or waste BloodSurge charges.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    The rage changes are a nerf to rage generation and devalue haste even further, but oh well.

The Raging Blow change is exactly what it reads: when you get enraged ou gain a charge or Raging Blow that you can use right away or sit on. This change is actually pretty good because the 4.5 sec cd on MS caused conflict between Enrage and Bloodsurge procs previously, meaning you'd either lose the opportunity to Raging Blow, clip BT cd or waste BloodSurge charges.
    So you can actually keep them, also if enrage falls off?

- sad to hear about rage regen nerf...

So in essence enrage gives you 10 rage and that's it? Perhaps I should rethink my plan of playing mop.

I like that Enrage change is nice since (it should always have a +dmg % modifier) but I think that the 10 rage granted is pretty low, it should be atleast 15 or 20. Mind you are they buffing rage generation as well (might not be a patch note) so it might balance out.

They're not buffing rage generation, they're reducing the nerf a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripfull View Post
    So you can actually keep them, also if enrage falls off?

- sad to hear about rage regen nerf...
    That's what I get from the tooltip, but we need to wait for the build to be deployed to be sure.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Don't be too disheartened by the Enrage change, if Ghostcrawler lives up to his word we'll most likely receive an undocumented rage generation buff, the same way we received the undocumented rage gen nerf last build.

Quote of GC's post:

Warrior Issues
    One thing we are going to try is increasing the rage from autoattacks somewhat, but not all the way back to 5. Something like 3 or 3.5 might be the right ballpark, but then lowering the rage gained from Enrage.

To expand upon that, we wanted Enrage to feel exciting (insofar as any proc that happens routinely can feel exciting) and flood the warrior with rage. We also wanted rage to feel a little unpredictable, because that's what drives things like Heroic Strike use. With very predictable rage income, the resource feels too much like energy, and Heroic Strike doesn't get much use.

However, I think the problem we ran into was that rage income while Enraged was too high, which meant rage income when not enraged had to be too low to compensate. The bursts of rage feeling I described above are important, but the base rotation has to feel good as well! We're going to try some different things, such as Enrage granting flat 10 rage, but also increasing damage dealt by 5 or 10% while Enraged. Flat rage gain from Enrage will also help with scaling, because then crit and haste won't work in such synergy to increase rage generation at high gear levels.

We want crit and haste to be valuable of course, but we're trying to break the (exhausting) cycle where warriors are weak with bad gear and then so powerful with good gear that we have to nerf them. But we're also trying to keep some rage gain scaling with gear because that feels fun and helps the resource feeling unique. (Can you say overconstrained design challenge?)

I know I am tossing around a lot of rough ideas, and we will need to try a few internally before we release a new design into the wild. Remember the goal: we're not trying to nerf warriors. We're trying to make the resource something you interact with rather than something you ignore. We don't want warriors to be a cooldown-driven class. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Has to be taken with a grain of salt of course, but here's hoping.
    Last edited by Calamari; 2012-07-19 at 03:56 AM.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripfull View Post
    I see some "nice" changes i believe? But still not sure if the new rage income intention is any better?
    Instant rage and dmg increase? Is it better?

- also, i don't get the Raging Blow change? Can someone enlighten me?
    I don't like at all the Enrage change. As a Prot Warrior, I'm losing something close to 50% of the Rage the old version provided. It's a clear nerf for us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by L Kebess View Post
    I don't like at all the Enrage change. As a Prot Warrior, I'm losing something close to 50% of the Rage the old version provided. It's a clear nerf for us.
    Rage has been redesigned to begin with, you might never know.

Also

We want crit and haste to be valuable of course, but we're trying to break the (exhausting) cycle where warriors are weak with bad gear and then so powerful with good gear that we have to nerf them. But we're also trying to keep some rage gain scaling with gear because that feels fun and helps the resource feeling unique. (Can you say overconstrained design challenge?)

So, is the new barrier better or worse?

ps Nerf. Breaks even at 130k (c) TS
    Last edited by kopcap; 2012-07-19 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenom View Post
    Also
    Still the dumbest excuse for retarded designs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenom View Post
    Rage has been redesigned to begin with, you might never know.

Yes, for DPS. But nothing has improved for Prot -- only that now Enrage will provide less Rage than it used to.

Actually the new enrage for Prot can make you immortal as long as you have 2-3 targets attacking you. I'm pretty sure Critical Blocks causing enrage or the enrage mechanics are going to be changed for prot, since it goes against the whole active mitigation thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    I'm pretty sure Critical Blocks causing enrage or the enrage mechanics are going to be changed for prot, since it goes against the whole active mitigation thing.
    Agreed. This new Enrage generation has nothing active about it, another reason why I don't like it that much.

---------- Post added 2012-07-19 at 12:55 PM ----------

And yes, I didn't think of it, but with enough mobs on you (more than 2, 3 though, much more in fact) you could end up having enough Rage to be able to actually spam Shield Barrier in a way that could make you basically unbeatable.
    Last edited by mmocd210ee9388; 2012-07-19 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kopcap View Post
    So, is the new barrier better or worse?

ps Nerf. Breaks even at 130k (c) TS
    Worse in Lowgear. In 483 PvPgear I'll lose ~50% Absorb at full vengeance.