Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[Movies] So who else bought their Dark Knight Rises tickets already

I did.

Considering the fact that the Dark Knight only had 20 mins of IMAX footage and Dark Knight Rises has over 67 minutes of IMAX footage, I just can't wait to see this movie.

The run time of the Dark Knight was 152 minutes, so if you though that movie was long, Dark Knight Rises is 165 minutes long.

Can't wait.

P.S - The only thing I'm worried about is Ann Hathaway messing up Catwoman.

Last edited by LCDArcade; 2012-07-12 at 07:15 AM.

I didnt, probally wont see it. Didnt really enjoy the first two.

Avengers will hold the title for best opening weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post

While I agree that the whole dark batman theme isn't for everyone, this is a really good franchise. Nolan did a wonderful job.

Deleted
    i found the batman movies cool, but i cant call myself a fan! i'll just wait till it comes out on dvd eventually

I'll probably wait a week or two so the cinema isn't crowded.

Third movie in a trilogy is typically the weakest, Heath Ledger isn't sufficiently alive to reprise his role which was so integral to the success of the last movie, Bane is far from my favourite Batman character, I'm concerned about them trying to do the Breaking of the Bat in the limited scope of a movie (especially when they have the events of the last movie to deal with at the same time), there's just not enough hours in a film for that to have the impact it needs to... have to say I'm not optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    That's the least of my concerns :S

Deffo ! I can't wait to see this movie !

---------- Post added 2012-07-12 at 08:22 AM ----------

Im really hoping the 3D doesnt spoil it because wearing those glasses is a pain in the ass and it also dims the view of the screen.

She will..

Deleted
    Can't be any worse than halle berry imo

Quote Originally Posted by Redcinder View Post
    Im really hoping the 3D doesnt spoil it because wearing those glasses is a pain in the ass and it also dims the view of the screen.
    Its not in 3D?

Thats why it logically wont beat Avengers.

If it is in 3D, it has a strong chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I'll probably wait a week or two so the cinema isn't crowded.

Third movie in a trilogy is typically the weakest, Heath Ledger isn't sufficiently alive to reprise his role which was so integral to the success of the last movie, Bane is far from my favourite Batman character, I'm concerned about them trying to do the Breaking of the Bat in the limited scope of a movie (especially when they have the events of the last movie to deal with at the same time), there's just not enough hours in a film for that to have the impact it needs to... have to say I'm not optimistic.

That's the least of my concerns :S
    since this movie takes place I think 10 yrs after "The Dark Knight" I dont think the last movie's issue will pop up much other than maybe a brief mention during the first few moments
    I grew up in the era where you had to go to channel 3 to play video games.

Nananananana.... Batman
    I already bought some tickets and trying to avoid reading spoilers from other people.
    I hope to see how well the new Catwoman will be

I saw the movie already 3 times thanks to my profession.
    Nolan said Warner Bros. that he would not shoot in 3D because to him it takes away from the movie. Avengers 3D wasn't genuine 3D, it was "3D-ed" after the movie was shot just so soak up that extra revenue (Think how shitty Clash of the titans 3D quality was, they did the same).

So while the Dark Knight wont pass Avengers since it had the lack of 3D disadvantage it will still to great.

They still will be 2 of the greatest movies of the recent years, finally getting over the bullshit reboots we experienced last 5 years (New spiderman was horrible)
    This bro quit the game but still loves the game and will be back for MoP!

Nananananana.... Batman
    I already bought some tickets and trying to avoid reading spoilers from other people.
    I hope to see how well the new Catwoman will be

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcadius View Post
    I saw the movie already 3 times thanks to my profession.
    Nolan said Warner Bros. that he would not shoot in 3D because to him it takes away from the movie. Avengers 3D wasn't genuine 3D, it was "3D-ed" after the movie was shot just so soak up that extra revenue (Think how shitty Clash of the titans 3D quality was, they did the same).

So while the Dark Knight wont pass Avengers since it had the lack of 3D disadvantage it will still to great.

They still will be 2 of the greatest movies of the recent years, finally getting over the bullshit reboots we experienced last 5 years (New spiderman was horrible)
    If what you say is true, then on a scale of 1 to 10 (without spoiling anytihng), what would you give it - and will it live up to the hype?
    | Happiness is the best revenge |

Why the hell are people so obsessed with 3D... 3D is such BS if you ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will definitely see it, though I'm not all that optimistic about it. It just doesn't look as good to me as the other two. Bane is a boring enemy to me, and Anne Hathaway is kind of a dog imo. They literally have to cake the make up on to make her presentable. The female lead has never been a reason for me to see a movie, but come on..Anne Hathaway? Meh..hopefully the plot will be amazing and I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Deleted
    I don't tend to book tickets in advance. I just wait for the hype to calm down and then go and see a film that intrigues me about a week or so after the initial release. It does look like an interesting movie, though. I enjoyed the previous movie a lot, so that's a contributing factor to my enthusiasm!

Deleted

Same really, I cant understand the hype over these films, they're ok But I found them kinda boring and the joker one was just annoying, with Bats getting taken out by a couple of dogs at the end, It was silly.

Deleted
    Bought them last thursday. Going to see it as soon as it's possible here (on 20th)

---------- Post added 2012-07-12 at 10:38 AM ----------

The thing I'm worried about is that the trailers look boring and the sounds are anticlimatic. But I suppose I shouldn't be afraid or excited about trailers anyway.

Deleted
    No I didn't, I first have to ask my cousins today if they will be able to go 21st. If they can I will definitely book the seats for IMAX today. Can't wait for that shit.
    Its not in 3D?

Thats why it logically wont beat Avengers.

If it is in 3D, it has a strong chance.
    But 3D is bullshit and you know it.