Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is it okay to be LESS attracted to people of a certain race?

So awhile back we had a thread here about what other race that people are MORE attracted to, and people seemed to be fine with it. No accusations of racism, or anything like that.

So I propose the opposite; is it okay (and by that I mean not racist) to be LESS attracted to people of a certain race? And if you think so, is there a certain race that you are LESS attracted to than others?
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say of course it is. People get way to up-tight about Racism.

I don't understand how this could be racist, if the reverse was not. If you are MORE attracted to a certain race, and it's okay, you're automatically LESS attracted to anyone not of that race, so it must be okay. I am less attracted to Asian women. I don't know why.
    Last edited by Olianda; 2012-07-20 at 04:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Deleted
    Sure it's fine, there is no accounting for taste. I do not find most black people attractive, I have nothing against them though. They may say exactly the same thing about me, infact they probably do since I am an ugly bastard.

Of course it's okay. Appearances do matter when it comes to attraction, so if you aren't attracted to a certain race's general appearance, then there isn't anything wrong with it. I am personally only really attracted to Caucasian people. I don't dislike other races, I've just never found myself attracted to any people from their particular races.

yup, there's even scientific research out there im sure someone will find some for you and link it, or you could google it yourself.

personally i find no black women attractive regardless of body type or face, same as i hate really curly hair on any woman, its all genetics etc.

As long as you don't hate them and think they should be shipped off somewhere or sit in specific seats, etc, it's not racist. Hell I'm white and I don't hide the fact that I don't find black girls, or even white girls all that attractive.

On the other hand I'm a sucker for Indian and Asian babes.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Deleted
    Yes. My friend split up with her ex because he couldn't stand her "racism". She only said that she didn't find certain groups to be as attractive. Since I am unable to feel attraction I don't understand the mechanisms, but I can say that all races have the "pretties" and the "uglies".

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    yup, there's even scientific research out there im sure someone will find some for you and link it, or you could google it yourself.

personally i find no black women attractive regardless of body type or face, same as i hate really curly hair on any woman, its all genetics etc.
    I'm the same way. I don't think I'm really a "racist" per-say, but I was in bed once with a girl of a different race, we were getting touchy-feely and her skin was just "ugly" it just didn't "feel" like skin to me. I'm sure not every person from that race had "ugly" skin, but yea. I never tried meeting another girl from that race again.

Pretty much I don't think I'm attracted (at a sexual level) to another girl from any race but mine.

Deleted
    It's fine to be less sexually attracted to different ethnicities overall, you can't help who you're attracted to sexually.

Racism is different, it's where you hate another race/other races and view them as non-equal to your own ethnicity, whereas this is just about attraction.

People find attractive what they find attractive. And race is a physical trait (or a general palette of physical traits).

I mean we all have different archetypes of what we find attractive;

For example I love ginger red head white women who are slightly overweight.
    I love tall black women with slightly athletic builds.
    I like short skinny native american women with dark eyes.
    I'm less attracted to Asian women,
    and least attracted to Indian women.

It's not racist, it's just what I like or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there's a degree of tribalism still in our subconscious as well that might make it harder for members of one race to be attracted to another. Our brains still have a lot of old, caveman era instincts in its programming.

Which doesn't mean it's racist to not find a member of another race attractive, just explaining a possibility why.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    If you're not attracted to someone, you're not attracted to them. Everyone has a type they prefer, that doesn't make them racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    People find attractive what they find attractive. And race is a physical trait (or a general palette of physical traits).

I mean we all have different archetypes of what we find attractive;

For example I love ginger red head white women who are slightly overweight.
    I love tall black women with slightly athletic builds.
    I like short skinny native american women with dark eyes.
    I'm less attracted to Asian women,
    and least attracted to Indian women.

It's not racist, it's just what I like or not.
    That piques my interest... you're attracted to slightly overweight of one race, and slightly athletic of another? Seems "strange" to me. I say "strange" because I don't know what word to use. heh

Of course it is, so long as you don't hate them because they are different.

Deleted
    There is no racism what so ever in not liking some race sexually. It's exactly the same way that i am in no way attracted to chubby women. Allthough only race that i don't like that way are propably eskimos, at least i haven't seen anyone atractive from that group of people. I love brazilian women though

I'm white myself.

Yea it's fine. It's no different than not being attracted to people because of hair color, eye color, or shape of face, etc. It's like dogs. I love dogs...but certain colors/breeds don't look as good to me as others. If I'm going to pick out a dog, I want one I think looks good...and just because I think floppy eared dogs are about the greatest dogs ever...my sis disagrees and prefers her dogs with cropped ears. It's not to say I don't LIKE the dog, but it isn't my preference...It's not a racist thing to not like someone sexually because of their skin color. If you like them as a friend, but just aren't sexually attracted, then you're not racist. Just your brain telling you what you think is sexy.

I'm a sucker for blondes with pretty eyes and I'm not especially attracted to Latino looking women (I'm puertorrican) but I don't think any less of them. I think its fine.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Sure it's fine, there is no accounting for taste. I do not find most black people attractive, I have nothing against them though. They may say exactly the same thing about me, infact they probably do since I am an ugly bastard.
    same here

---------- Post added 2012-07-20 at 04:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    That piques my interest... you're attracted to slightly overweight of one race, and slightly athletic of another? Seems "strange" to me. I say "strange" because I don't know what word to use. heh
    nothing strange here. in his personal opinion those features look good together, just like in my personal opinion vanilla icecream tastes better with choccolate coating.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I don't think it's strange.

It's like cars (not to be dehumanizing people) but different cars look better with different paint jobs. I love my corvettes electric blue and my mustangs bright red.

So it's all a matter of the shape/colour combination that most appeals to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadraline View Post
    If you like them as a friend, but just aren't sexually attracted, then you're not racist.
    You don't have to like them to not be racist.

You have to dislike them to be that.

And between like and dislike exists 'I don't care'.