Swift Spectral Tiger

Is it legal to sell a Swift Spectral Tiger I bought in game with gold on Ebay for money?

Is the worse that could happen is an account ban? Thinking about quiting anyway and I could always make a new account come MoP and start over it need be.

Also is Ebay the best way to go about sell it, or would using Forums such as these be better? Or Craigslist and the such.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you take the code, and make it an in-game item, its perfectly legal, and the main reason why blizz allowed TCG mounts to be BoU instead of BoP.

If you sell the Code, thats bannable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    well, i believe it works something like this : You can't sell real items for wow gold, and you can't sell in game items for real currency. But since the spectral tiger is a card / ingame item i don't know.

My guess would be it's against the ToS or w/e

Its not legal as you are selling an in game item for real life currency since you said you purchased the mount itself and not the code

Im also not sure how you plan on selling it over Ebay since the mount is bound to the server its on, unless you plan on transferring over to where your buyer is presently and transferring back which takes off 50 dollars on whatever you would make. Heck Im not even sure ebay would allow it to be sold as you dont have anything physical to sell, normal TCG sales involve the actual card.

Deleted
    No it's not legal to sell your in-game items (or spectral tiger mount in this case) for real life money.

Also in response to Jibjabb's post, it is actually legal to sell the codes for real life money. The cards or codes are out of Blizzard's reach and you can do with them as you please. However the moment it's being used in-game it falls under Blizzard's rules. When you use the code, you are only allowed to trade the item you got from the code with in-game currency like gold or other items.

Deleted
    selling the code and/or card with it, is considered legal.

if you try to sell an in-game item you got by redeeming the code, it is bannable if they find out about it for some reason.

so, since you first acquired the in-game item, it is not safe to sell it over ebay, even though it should be hard for them to find out.

---------- Post added 2012-06-27 at 09:25 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvator View Post
    selling the code and/or card with it, is considered legal.

if you try to sell an in-game item you got by redeeming the code, it is bannable if they find out about it for some reason.

so, since you first acquired the in-game item, it is not safe to sell it over ebay, even though it should be hard for them to find out.

You misunderstand. I'd be the seller, not the buyer. At this point in my life I could go without playing and if I could make some money off my past addictions that's all the better to me.
    Last edited by Mrjhova; 2012-06-27 at 09:26 PM.

Deleted
    It's a shame really, I'd love to buy one of these mounts for real money but I'm not willing to splurge 600 euro on an actual code. Main reasons being, A it's way overpriced and B the code gives two mounts even though I'm only interested in one. If it was possible to buy one of the two mounts from a code for a bit less I would definitely consider it.

Ah well. If you want to risk a ban you could try to sell it over ebay. Finding someone who is willing to buy it knowing it's illegal and could result in a ban will be difficult though.

Yeah that's the kicker, it not being a physical item and already just pixels in Blizzard's game. I dropped 600k on it and then decided I'd much rather have real money than the mount, so I'm toying with the idea of selling it.

And I would of course offer to transfer it to the buyers Realm, of course that's only a one way transfer as I'd simply take a DK over there to make the transaction.

It'd be much simpler if I could find somebody in guild and just cut them a good deal. But nobody be biting when I've mentioned it on vent to fund my way to our yearly BBQ, Firework and Camping extravaganza lol

Honestly, if you were thinking about quitting, you should sell your account with the unlearned tiger in your bags, which will automatically boost its worth.

My buddy recently sold his for $1900, so it's certainly a possibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've made a forum post about this a while ago on the wow forums.
    I got very clear blue answer from it.
    Here it is: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...68445?page=1#0
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    Honestly, if you were thinking about quitting, you should sell your account with the unlearned tiger in your bags, which will automatically boost its worth.

My buddy recently sold his for $1900, so it's certainly a possibility.
    That's another consideration. My account would certainly sell for quite a bit, Death's Demise, Grand Crusader, Tribute to Immortality and the Realm first LK kill, 125+ mounts and 150+ pets. The Flagged Pony from Tribute of Immortality is the reason I don't really need the tiger even if I did want to continue playing.

Like I said, I'd be trying to make money off what was clearly a past addiction lol

However the whole selling the account idea has always seemed a bit to risky for me lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    No it's not legal to sell your in-game items (or spectral tiger mount in this case) for real life money.

Also in response to Jibjabb's post, it is actually legal to sell the codes for real life money. The cards or codes are out of Blizzard's reach and you can do with them as you please. However the moment it's being used in-game it falls under Blizzard's rules. When you use the code, you are only allowed to trade the item you got from the code with in-game currency like gold or other items.
    Well ya my comment is that its illegal to sell the mount for money, but it is ok to sell the mount card/code for money since its still just an out of game object. He only has the in game mount as the code was already claimed to make the mount so it would be considered a banned activity to sell it for cash. Sry if it was confusing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Well ya my comment is that its illegal to sell the mount for money, but it is ok to sell the mount card/code for money since its still just an out of game object. He only has the in game mount as the code was already claimed to make the mount so it would be considered a banned activity to sell it for cash. Sry if it was confusing
    No no it wasn't confusing, after I saw your 2nd post I decided to read your first post again. I completely misunderstood it myself, that was my fault. I thought you said you were only allowed to sell something physical AKA the card with code for real life money. I apologize I should have paid a little more attention.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2012-06-27 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    If you take the code, and make it an in-game item, its perfectly legal, and the main reason why blizz allowed TCG mounts to be BoU instead of BoP.

If you sell the Code, thats bannable.
    Not exactly true.
    You can put it on a mail note, Trade that for the gold =profit

It's legal. There is no law prohibiting you from selling it.
    It's against WoW's Terms of Use to sell a code for real money however, and yes, your account can be banned for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    It's a shame really, I'd love to buy one of these mounts for real money but I'm not willing to splurge 600 euro on an actual code. Main reasons being, A it's way overpriced and B the code gives two mounts even though I'm only interested in one. If it was possible to buy one of the two mounts from a code for a bit less I would definitely consider it.

Ah well. If you want to risk a ban you could try to sell it over ebay. Finding someone who is willing to buy it knowing it's illegal and could result in a ban will be difficult though.
    Gold Sellers are selling duped ones much cheaper. £150 for the normal and £250 for the swift. I saw a level 1 in trade chat on my realm saying he was selling them so i whisped and asked how much thinking he'd say something like "600k". The answer i got back was "can you pay with real money?" and he then directed me to a site where they were selling gold, accounts, and TCG mounts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gully Man View Post
    Gold Sellers are selling duped ones much cheaper. £150 for the normal and £250 for the swift. I saw a level 1 in trade chat on my realm saying he was selling them so i whisped and asked how much thinking he'd say something like "600k". The answer i got back was "can you pay with real money?" and he then directed me to a site where they were selling gold, accounts, and TCG mounts.
    Thanks for the tip, but I'm not a fan of these dodgy activities either. 150 is a bit too much to risk a scam.
    I'll just sit here and hope I will strike a deal someday.

Deleted
    Just bought a Swift Tiger myself then had the same idea as the OP Found this thread interesting & informative so I guess I'll keep mine & hope I can do a deal too somehow.