Thread: New Legendaries

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

New Legendaries

Do you guys believe that the new Legendaries in the first patch of MoP will not be given to Rogues in most guilds? Simply because they were the last class to be given legendaries?

This makes me sad, but it's probably greedy haha

Also, do you guys know what set Niklive uses, in his beta videos?

Yeah its the curse of just getting a legendary, your not getting another for a while. Unless you just outshine the other dps that much you really deserve it.

If the legendaries truly can be used by any class, they will go to the player that can get the most out of them. I'm perfectly fine with doing it that way.

If it comes down to me and someone else that are the same level of player I'd even be fine with letting them get it first. We just got our legendary so it would be a bigger deal to them imo.

Any sane guild would give the first legendary to a tank or healer for progression reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    Any sane guild would give the first legendary to a tank or healer for progression reasons.
    I'm sorry but why would you give a legendary to a tank? Unless it's totally op and trivializes the entire raid, a tank who dies on a fight without the legendary will die with it aswell. It would make more sense to give it to healers and to dps.

Now before I get flamed, I have nothing against tanking legendaries but I'd say the other roles should get priority on it if every role will be able to use it.

Deleted
    I've asked my raid leader about this and he told me it would be unfair if I were to get it towards the other raiders. He personally didn't mind, but he's afraid some people will go emo about me getting a legendary 2 tiers in a row.

That's not always the best option. From what I can see in the normal mode videos the tanks aren't going to be the first choice. Healers look like they are going to need them the most with DPS being a close second. But hey I didn't see any heroic encounters yet.

It depends on what the extra procs are. They'll go to the player who gets the most out of it just as multi-class legendaries have in the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably. Also, the legendaries in MoP are supposed to be much harder to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeglo View Post
    Probably. Also, the legendaries in MoP are supposed to be much harder to make.
    Yeah, instead of kill X number of bosses now it will need kill 2*X number of bosses

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I've asked my raid leader about this and he told me it would be unfair if I were to get it towards the other raiders. He personally didn't mind, but he's afraid some people will go emo about me getting a legendary 2 tiers in a row.

That's not always the best option. From what I can see in the normal mode videos the tanks aren't going to be the first choice. Healers look like they are going to need them the most with DPS being a close second. But hey I didn't see any heroic encounters yet.
    Normal modes will be cleared the first week. Heroic is where true progression is. I said tanks or healers not meaning tanks over healers, but one or the other. Usually the bottle neck of progression is generally not dps--it's tanking survivability or healing throughput. When you have only 2-3 healers (10-man) or 6-7 healers (25 man) or 2 tanks vs 5-6 dps (10 man) or 16-17 dps (25 man), putting that legendary in a tank or healer's hand is going to be more impactful on the raid's efficacy than in a dps's hand.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2012-07-14 at 02:33 PM.

So far the datamined procs are trash it won't matter who it goes to. And I don't see them making them good and letting everyone get it.

Deleted
    putting that legendary in a tank or healer's hand is going to be more impactful on the raid's efficacy than in a dps's hand.
    But that's partly what I meant. So far in the normal modes a lot of quick burst damage is required to make the encounters easier. I'm not fully familiar with the names of the bosses so it's hard to give some example, but there are a lot of add-based fights where the sooner the adds die the faster you can progress to the next phase or have more uptime on the boss.

Whether a DPS should get it over a healer, no I don't think so. There is a ton of AoE damage flying around and I do think healers should get priority on all gear at the start.

But we'll see when MoP goes live and we know what the weapons will actually do and how much they will help. I just don't see them becoming better for a tank compared to healers or DPS. If they are I fully support tanks getting them first.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    So far the datamined procs are trash it won't matter who it goes to. And I don't see them making them good and letting everyone get it.
    So it seems Wrathion will be called the crappy legendary giver guy?

Deleted
    Our guild tends to give legendaries to people that have been raiding with the guild the longest and have an acceptable performance.

Now during Cataclysm all our rogues have their oranges.. and a good portion of the caster dps do aswell (including the raid leader).

I would be VERY surprised if the legendaries went to rogues again in MoP since even with legendaries they don't top our dps charts.. the hunters do (no comment).

I could see the legendary go to a healer first, followed by at least one hunter.. after that i'm not sure... but since i'm currently the "oldest" hunter in our raid team.. I have good hopes :P.

Regardless, it will almost definitely not be a rogue for us, and probably not a caster dps either.. then again I don't personally have a say in it so what do I know :P.

Deleted
    enh shaman/feral druids and healing monks are getting priority in my guild. yeah, they've already decided.

I can't comment on other guilds, nor am I to make those decisions in my guild (I am neither GM nor raid leader--not even an officer), but I would not choose the recipient of the legendary based on who had the last one. Old content is old, and previous-expansion legendaries are irrelevant in the current expansion. The legendary should go to where the guild benefits from it the most. Usually that's going to be to a long-standing member because they'll be least likely to take the legendary and run afterwards, so there is validity in guild/raid benefit to giving legendaries to long-standing members.

It sucks we got locked into a legendary for such a weak one. While everyone else but casters got "legendary" off heroic deathwing without using up the "legendary card".
    Last edited by Wow; 2012-07-14 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    It sucks we got locked of a legendary for such a weak one. While everyone else but casters got "legendary" off heroic deathwing without using up the "legendary card".
    At least other classes will experience the feeling of getting an "awesome" legendary from Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by Avengerx View Post
    At least other classes will experience the feeling of getting an "awesome" legendary from Wrathion
    Awesome like the "proc on the killing blow of an add that despawns" daggers? Or "proc when you have to hit heroic will due to fading light" daggers? How about the "proc as the add charges to the ranged dps at the opposite end of the boat" daggers?

You left it out when it procces during Hagara bubble phase.
    But yes, isn't it totally "awesome"?