How do you price items being gimped into searching for only 3 stats?

I have the 6 prop glove pattern. I only keep gloves that have a decent primary stat, vit, and then either a combo of (resist all, crit hit, crit damage, attack speed, and MF)

But i cant search for them and I think im losing a lot of gold by undercharging for good gloves because I cant search for everything. For example will use two pairs I just crafted that I think would be a good quick sales, may not be best in slot but they arent crap...at least I dont think lol

132 dex
    58 vit
    8.5% crit chance
    33% crit damage

139 int
    86 vit
    65 resist all
    5% crit hit
    20% crit damage

How do you price stuff when there are 4-5 or even 6 properties that are desirable? I have tried putting in the best 3 stats then looking for an item that has the other stats but when you have 30 pages of things that takes forever. When I have 20-30 pairs of gloves sitting in my stash i would spend hours just trying to price them all out by looking at every single pair of gloves for sale and finding one similar to the ones I have. Thats like finding a needle in a haystack. There has to be an easier way.

Just sold a pair of gloves for 6 mil pretty fast. Came to find out they were worth 10-12 mil. This AH really blows. We need 6 search boxes for it to function properly. It also makes buying gear suck as well. For my monk obviously I want dex and vit but then I need resist all. Well there go my 3 boxes. Now I need to stack the same secondary resist within my price range for OWE. Also if its gloves I need crit hit and damage. So for gloves pretty much every single class must search for something with 6 stats to get a decent pair but Blizzard wont let us. Scrolling through pages of items for 10 mins just to find what Im looking for is not fun. Then multiply that by however many gear slots you have in case you are searching for the cheapest upgrade you can afford. How can Blizzard put so much emphasis on using the AH and how important it is for the game but make it crappy and hard to use?

I would be happy with even a 4th search stat, At least that would narrow most searches to 2-3 pages by the time you put min amounts on what you want.

would be nice if i could search for a value on some gloves I just got

119 dex
    109 vit
    70 resist all
    8% attack speed
    30% crit damage
    5% crit hit

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post

119 dex
    109 vit
    70 resist all
    8% attack speed
    30% crit damage
    5% crit hit
    didnt you get a 1.3k dps xbow yesterday aswell? someone's rolling in the cash now

Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    I have the 6 prop glove pattern. I only keep gloves that have a decent primary stat, vit, and then either a combo of (resist all, crit hit, crit damage, attack speed, and MF)

But i cant search for them and I think im losing a lot of gold by undercharging for good gloves because I cant search for everything. For example will use two pairs I just crafted that I think would be a good quick sales, may not be best in slot but they arent crap...at least I dont think lol

132 dex
    58 vit
    8.5% crit chance
    33% crit damage

139 int
    86 vit
    65 resist all
    5% crit hit
    20% crit damage

How do you price stuff when there are 4-5 or even 6 properties that are desirable? I have tried putting in the best 3 stats then looking for an item that has the other stats but when you have 30 pages of things that takes forever. When I have 20-30 pairs of gloves sitting in my stash i would spend hours just trying to price them all out by looking at every single pair of gloves for sale and finding one similar to the ones I have. Thats like finding a needle in a haystack. There has to be an easier way.
    You look for the 3 rarest/best rolls for example 8.5% crit is max crit for ilvl62 gloves (but caps at 10) 35% is max crit dmg for ilvl 62 (caps at 50) and resist all caps at 70 for ilvl 62 stuff. Both dex and int cap at 258 int for ilvl62 (300 for ilvl63).

For the first pair I would look for 8.5 crit - 30 crit dmg - 125 dex. You're likely to see a decent amount here because they pretty low on dex, but it will narrow it down more than anything else.

The 2nd pair is not really exciting either but I would look for 130 int - 60 res all - 75 vit. The reason I picked the vit is because the dps stats were too low, this would not appeal to glass cannon types. So better to compare the other stats. The above for the same reason, the dps stats were good rolls aside from the a low dex roll.

Now here's an important step. It does not matter what the highest priced similar gloves are going for. You just sort by the cheapest buyout and find the first thing similar. If it looks too cheap find the 2nd. If that is too cheap, well then stop being greedy lol.

The first pair i found with dex/vit/crit dmg/crit are better than yours and they are listed at 2m/3m with 17 hours left. They are 154 dex 29 vit 36 arcane resist(this is important as it'sa dex piece and monks consider this all resist) 31 crit dmg and 8.5% crit.

Well obviously his are overpriced or they would have sold already, I click bid to see if there's a bid on it and there isn't. So I expect him to relist these at something like 1.5/2.2 or so. Which means I would put yours up for 1.2m

But I don't care about losing a few hundred thousand here or there to make a sale. Better than holding on to them and taking up my AH slot for the next 36 hours.

Just crafted a pair of bracers and after going through 10 pages cant find anything similar

124 str
    87 vit
    50 resist all
    4.5 crit

I stopped looking after I hit 8 mil bracers and still hadnt found a pair with crit on them.

119 dex
    109 vit
    70 resist all
    8% attack speed
    30% crit damage
    5% crit hit
    €100

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

I generally look for the most expensive stats on an item. So with those gloves, I would search for vitality, RA and crit% (crit damage usually goes hand in hand with crit%) and then just look for the ones with %AS and dex.

Deleted
    blizzard needs to add up to 6 search terms !

even 4 would be much better, 5 enough

Deleted
    When there's only three search options available for the affixes, then you price your item based on the three most valuable affixes in relation to how fast those items sell and how fast you want your item to sell.

Also, something you might want to consider is that the more skilled buyers can create an amazing item set from items where one item has stats A and B, one has stats A and C, one has B and C, and there may even be items with very high A, B or C and nothing else. If you build your gear set from items where you have to have every stat on every item, then you'll end up spending 10-100x the money, and won't necessarily get as high combined stats anyway.

Thus your item may sell simply because one of it's stats is high enough.

Just crafted a pair of bracers and after going through 10 pages cant find anything similar

124 str
    87 vit
    50 resist all
    4.5 crit

I stopped looking after I hit 8 mil bracers and still hadnt found a pair with crit on them.

I'm sorry you suck at the auction house. Quit trying to get price checks in these forums just because you don't understand item stats and what is desirable. I can price things pretty damn accurate even if nothing is up with 3 out of the 6 stats that my item has. All I can say is try to get a better understanding of what's good and why it's good. What build would want to use that and why? Does it give them everything they want?

For example your bracers have subpar streg and resists but good crit and vit . Those doesn't cater to anyone in particular except those on a budget.. They would be much easier to sell with higher streg at the cost of resist because the resist would be a bonus and it would increase the value some. It would also be easier to sell if they were double resist or had + armor and then the crit would be a bonus.

While I have no doubts you can and will get some millions for them, they would be much easier to price for you if you understand why they were good and what people are trying to accomplish. You'll also realize there isn't much demand for that item unless the price is "cheap". Since they could spend less than what yours are "worth" and get a better item for their needs.

You should have just looked for crit/streg/all resist, crit/streg/vit, and streg/all resist/vit. Found something that hit on all of those and then assigned a value to your "bonus" roll while adding or subtracting value based on the item being better or worse than yours. It's pretty easy to average it out.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-07-25 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    I'm sorry you suck at the auction house. Quit trying to get price checks in these forums just because you don't understand item stats and what is desirable.
    Sorry high and powerful AH master and pricer of items I didnt mean to offend you. Where else should I go so I dont blind you with my blasphemous posts about getting pricing help? Trade chat doesnt work because it is full of more trolls than WoW's. People actually offered 150k for my 1350 DPS x-bow when I asked for its value. Cant post on official forums and no one ever replies on Diablofans so that leaves here.

Sorry high and powerful AH master and pricer of items I didnt mean to offend you. Where else should I go so I dont blind you with my blasphemous posts about getting pricing help? Trade chat doesnt work because it is full of more trolls than WoW's. People actually offered 150k for my 1350 DPS x-bow when I asked for its value. Cant post on official forums and no one ever replies on Diablofans so that leaves here.
    Well it's against the rules here. Though I haven't reported it because I understand the frustration the AH may cause you. You could try d2jsp, they have a specific sub-forum dedicated to price checks. You could also try PM'ing people. I mean I know it sucks having to deal with only 3 choices but it is possible with a little effort and the likelihood that the exact item you're selling isn't going to be up there anyway. So 6 property searches aren't going to be all they are cracked up to be.

I just think don't think it's reasonable to ask people to do all the legwork for you when have the same resources and capabilities they do. Especially when they've laid out the process on how to price an item for you.

It's not like you have a shortage of good to high end items to sell. This is something that should be pretty important to learn if you want to make use of that luck you have.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-07-26 at 02:25 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    since I used the AH the first time, I thought to myself....

- I want to have "unlimited" search fields. well not literally, but for a weapon, you could have easily 6 stats to search for + the DPS.
    - I want not only to have maximum value, I want minimum value. I want to search for the cheapest weapon with at least 700 dps. or for the cheapest helm with a socket and minimum 150 dex. but that's not possible currently.
    - as a result for the first two, I want EVERY stat on an item to be a possible filter. including armor for armor and DPS for weapons. you can only search for extra armor on an item, but not for the base armor - even though I know, that is pretty much fixed by slot + item level. maybe make it possible to filter for item levels, too
    - I also want a buyout only check box and a minimum value for buyout.
    - I also want to be able to add filters for legendaries and set items. What is the logic behind deactivating the stat filters. I want andurials visage, but I cant filter the 20000 results for only dexterity ones. makes no sense at all.

basically, everything I want to have is really not that big of a deal to code. It should be pretty easy stuff actually. the only difficult thing would be to implement this into the UI. but if that is NOW a big deal, they made retarded decisions in the first place. it feels like they made the UI first and then had a look, what could fit in. It should've been the other way round...

so with the current AH implementation, searching for proper items is really a pain in the ass
    Last edited by xebtria; 2012-07-26 at 06:25 AM.