View Poll Results: What should be the punishment for a police officer brutally assaulting a civilian?

Voters
72. This poll is closed
  • The animal should be put in jail for life

22 30.56%
  • Should be fired

14 19.44%
  • Nothing he's just doing his job

10 13.89%
  • He should retrieve a medal

26 36.11%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Is this trolling? It's getting so hard to distinguish from genuine idiocy these days.

Hate cops. I myself have only ever had one run-in with a police officer when I got into my car accident a few months ago, but I've seen some terrible things, and they can get away with it because who would believe some random person's word over a cop's?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanbulldog View Post
    Seems like all the older cops are more nice, while the younger ones are complete assholes.
    This is true! I am in my 40s and I can assure you the protect and serve generation is dying off! Now its tax and collect and treat you like garbage generation thats becoming police!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    You are the most ridiculous poster I have ever seen on this forum.
    You are ridiculous.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailozh View Post
    You're so ignorant man, just stop making posts and making yourself look like a complete fool. And I knew you were a police wannabe thug. I have absolutely no respect for people like you with such narrowminded views like you. That you can defend police officers brutalizing civilians is just sickening. I hope you never get your badge. NEVER.

And yes I have done way more to the community compared to you, I'm actually helping people unlike you who's training to become just another thug.
    Well, I think you can change your sig after this post. you honestly expect people to take you seriously? I mean you just threw a internet temper tantrum lol. How have you done anything productive at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fletchdwb View Post

Most cops are like the guys who wear their medals to the bar. Gloryhounds looking for womens phone numbers and free stuff.
    No they are not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I asked the OP not you. Even though yours is useless as well there is no specific information given they just say he died after being sprayed and tasered actual causes of death are not mentioned. The "story" also has another statement that is incorrect and that is that is not true either if an officer grabs you and you pull away they are free to taser you according to the legal usage of force.
    According to you every video is fake and police brutality has never happened - get your head out of your ass, will you?

Deleted
    I had experiences with bad policemen and good policemen. Corps mentality can get a problem among police forces, especially if you have other forms of corruption, a one-party government for decades etc. That is nothing recent, happened all the time and everywhere, got worse at times and better at times. To combat this you need a rule of law. Persecute people who commit crimes regardless if they wear uniforms or not, and you remove the incentive for violent people to join the police or other authorities

But your mentality, OP, is similar as them. A poll with loaded answers, and your responses. Repeat "all cops are bastards" long enough and you will get cops acting like bastards.

Deleted
    There is no rise in police brutality, get your ass to the library and study some history of criminal law to see yourself... If anything police brutality is much better now than it was 20, 30, 50 years ago.

It's just there's internet now which allows for much more exposure of everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to you every video is fake and police brutality has never happened - get your head out of your ass, will you?
    According to you, every police officer is a power hungry bully - Get your head out of your ass will you?

Deleted
    Well, I think you can change your sig after this post. you honestly expect people to take you seriously? I mean you just threw a internet temper tantrum lol. How have you done anything productive at all.
    Was absolutely nothing wrong with my post. Also, I have done way more productive than you - what have you done with your life other than becoming a worthless thug? People like you deserve no respect at all. You're worthless.

---------- Post added 2012-07-22 at 08:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Hate cops. I myself have only ever had one run-in with a police officer when I got into my car accident a few months ago, but I've seen some terrible things, and they can get away with it because who would believe some random person's word over a cop's?
    Yeah, it's disgusting to say the least. Those thugs in uniform should be put in jail or get the chair.

Deleted
    Looks at the Thatcher administration ...

yeah you don't know what brutality is mate. Call me when it gets that bad, then maybe we'll talk.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, I said you linked a video where you don't see anything. The other guy linked a story where all they say is the guy got tasered and pepper sprayed and died never listing the actual cause of death like cardiac arrest, etc. You have done nothing but call everyone who disagrees with with you names and not been able to provide any evidence to support your claim. I have now reported the whole thread to be closed because it is obvious you can't actually carry a conversation where you support any of your claims.

---------- Post added 2012-07-22 at 08:23 PM ----------

Was absolutely nothing wrong with my post. Also, I have done way more productive than you - what have you done with your life other than becoming a worthless thug? People like you deserve no respect at all. You're worthless.[COLOR="red"]
    see there you go again calling names not backing up your claims. How would you have a clue what I have done in my community? You think you deserve respect?

10+ Year Old Account
    Was absolutely nothing wrong with my post. Also, I have done way more productive than you - what have you done with your life other than becoming a worthless thug? People like you deserve no respect at all. You're worthless.

---------- Post added 2012-07-22 at 08:19 PM ----------

Yeah, it's disgusting to say the least. Those thugs in uniform should be put in jail or get the chair.
    I have 759 hours of volunteer work at soup kitchens, public events, drug rehabilitation centers, and school volunteer programs. I've done this because I wanted too, all of my friends in the academy have done the same. We wan't to help and protect people. What have you done? What has made you so full of hate and jaded?

Despite what you may think of us, we don't go through the effort to become police officers to become thugs. No matter how much you hate me I'd still help you if you needed me.

You are ridiculous.
    you're a towel
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShamanTankFTW View Post
    Find me five instances in the last year alone about police officers using thier taser for no aparent reason and I MIGHT come back and talk to you like your not completely ignorant...
    Let's see if i can find 5 cases online. Not necessarily of taser-related incidents, but just police brutality in general. First one is one i remember pretty well from a while back, old veteran calls police for medical assistence and ends up dead.

http://www.democracynow.org/2012/3/2...hite_plains_ny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKcf20TBgqw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fizo-sOSE6o

Aaand a nice collection of incidences added to that. http://www.policebrutality.info/tag/police-murder

Aaand then http://www.policebrutality.info/cate...olice-violence to spice it up. Plenty of articles in there to read :P Enjoy trying to dismiss them all. The thing is, this shouldn't be a debate about wether it happens often enough, too often, or acceptably often. It should not happen at all. There is an entire system in place meant to pick sane people for this job, train them to be able to handle all the stuff the job throws at them, and still keep their cool. The fact that any amount of incidents of police brutality take place is just unacceptable, and unless people accept that it's happening, and voice their discontent with that, then it'll keep happening. There's psychiatrist and psychologists out there out of a job when there's cops out there that really need their heads examined. All the while your government's funneling money into already rich corporations and their own pockets, while the "system" , and i mean any system really, sits there, less than what it could be. Police force? Cops can keep their mental health in check on their own, kkthxbye. Healthcare? What even? ... School system? ... As if they need more funds, all you need to learn is a grown up and a kid, books are for noobs. :P I could go on but I don't want to use all my sarcasm in one day.

Oh and just because I quoted ShamanTank doesn't mean the wall of text was directed at him Just generally at people dismissing this thread as trololol, cops never mess up :P
    Last edited by mmoce1b2947304; 2012-07-22 at 08:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lachlaan View Post
    Oh and just because I quoted ShamanTank doesn't mean the wall of text was directed at him Just generally at people dismissing this thread as trololol, cops never mess up :P
    Cops do mess up, that is not a vlid reason to generalize and hate them all. Some teachers sexually assault their students, does that mean we should hate all teachers and assume they will all do the same and abuse the power given to them?

This is getting ridiculous. Police brutality does happen, but I see no evidence that it is on the rise. More visible, for certain, but we live in the information age. Everything is more visible.

Not all cops are bastards. I lived with one of the bastard ones for 4 years, he was my stepfather before my mom kicked him out.

One of my neighbors is a cop, though, and he's the coolest, calmest, friendliest neighbor I have. He's not rude or abrasive.

The cop that pulled me over for speeding was polite, professional, and let me off with a warning rather than $200+ dollar fine he could have issued me given my speed.

Stop acting like every cop is a demon, and maybe we'll stop treating you like an idiot.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lachlaan View Post
    No one has suggested that at all. My point has been you don't know what the police are trained. They are trained to approach every call like it could be life threatening. 166 police were killed in the line of duty last year alone, if you aren't on your guard at all times you could easily be killed. The thing is police are people and they do make mistakes in judgement does that mean they did intended on a suspect being killed?

The "story" also has another statement that is incorrect and that is that is not true either if an officer grabs you and you pull away they are free to taser you according to the legal usage of force.
    Actually that happened in Australia where laws are different and police are not legally allowed to be so trigger happy as they are in the US. Anyway it seems you are about as interested in a legitimate debate as the OP since no amount of proof will change your mind I will leave you to your ranting.