Guild Wars 2 Graphics, part 2.

So my thread got closed because a few people decided to turn it into 15 pages of:

"'gw2 is bad'
    'no you are bad I'm telling on you'x5
    'no u'"
    etc

and since I can't post there anymore, I just wanted to say that I logged in again tonight to give it one last try, and for some reason the graphics were 10 times better. I was even able to set it to max and not lag. I don't really know what changed, but I am guessing that they did some optimization.

Anyone have any other ideas as to how it improved so drastically?

I still think that the graphics are not quite as good as the other AAA MMOs, but they were pretty good, and at least good enough. The combat is fun, and I like how you 'skill up' from attacking. The story is not nearly as good as SWTOR, but at least it doesn't have someone like Chris Metzen writing it. From what little I saw, GW2's dynamic events seem to be a bit better than Rift's rifts.

All in all, its not going to pull me away from SWTOR, but I am most likely going to buy it in a couple months when the price comes down as something to do between content patch lulls.

Honestly, they are probably close to a launch client meaning that the game is almost fully optimized at this point. Getting close to being less than a month from launch, I wouldn't be surprised if the client being played now is the final "optimization" for the game with necessary tweaks leading to launch. They probably used the first two beta weekends to gauge server stability with mass people, and since they gathered what they needed the final stress test was imposing true graphics and optimization on the servers with mass people as well.

Out of any beta test weekeds, this one has by far been the smoothest out of most games I have played in weekend betas.
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

Deleted
    I have a computer that shouldn't be dropping below 50-60, but it does. It annoys me.
    I should be able to max it without going down in FPS enough to notice it. No, nothing is overclocked, it's all factory settings.

Some areas are much nicer in looks than others though. They can be so different. Some are ugly and boring, others are amazing. The ugly ones are the ones with open plains or big open areas, because the ground clutter is almost non-excistant.

Generally when we close a thread, it's for a reason. That doesn't mean you should open another thread on the same topic right after the closure of the first. Let the topic cool off for a bit before revisiting it.