Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What strategy would you use to handle WvWvW PUGs on your Server

Like the title says I would like to know how you would handle WvWvW PUGs on your server. We have all played through the BWEs and have noticed this problem during WvWvW. Where you are running with your guild that is well organzied along side your sister or brother guilds, but there are always the random PUGs that aren't a part of a guild or group and seem to do just what they want by either taking supplies from keeps and towers instead of making supply runs to supply camps when they aren't being attacks, wasting supplies on build weapons that can be easily destroyed in the location they have placed them and so on and so forth. Thinking deeply on this that once the game goes live and this was just a taste of whats to come, surely there has to be a way to prevent this from happening. So I would like to hear your thoughts on the matter on how do you plan to fix this before the game goes live, putting certain strategies in place.

You just have to deal with it, preferably without being an asshat about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd simply give direction to the PuG... possibly induct them into a guild so they can organize a bit better. It makes the player feel welcomed and broadens the community. Seems like the obvious thing to do.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

supplies always seemed readily availible when i was playing. If the are using it to build random weapons i dont see that as a waste. Most ppl didnt even build siege equipment.

I was playing in the center map on sunday morning. We had the central keep but we didnt have the durios tower. I knew i could lob treb rounds into durios to break down the walls. So i went out gathered enough emblems to buy a treb and set up my own treb on the keep walls and proceeded for the next 30-40 minutes to shell the walls of Durios by myself. My team tried to take it with a zerg first and then a small group of about 7 later but they were unsuccessful. Infact when the group of 7 were hitting the front game with their measly weapon attacks i noticed i had knocked the wall on the other side down because it dissapeared on my screen.

I immediately hopped of the wall ran across the bridge to see them still wailing on the door. I then ran around the corner and to my amazement the wall was gone and 3 invaders were stairing my right in the face. I tried yelling out (/say with all caps) that the side wall was down stop attacking the gate. No one responded until they saw the 3 invaders pummeling me into the dirt to their right. They came over to help and the invaders retreated back inside and to all my teams amazement the wall was gone.

After they rezed me i told them i was working on that wall with my treb for the last 30 mins and they all thanked me and we took the tower.

But yea most ppl still dont understand how good siege stuff is. The invaders tried taking durios back a few times but couldnt because i was back at my treb launching rounds at where i assuemed the door was and they had to stop their zerg.

Still doesn't answer the question asked. And it is indeed a waste of supplies if they just build an arrow cart with only 4 ppl to defend it with about 50 ppl attacking.

Quote Originally Posted by murdax View Post
    Still doesn't answer the question asked. And it is indeed a waste of supplies if they just build an arrow cart with only 4 ppl to defend it with about 50 ppl attacking.
    if placed correctly u can put up an arrowcart and have it not be hit by aoe and still be in range of their ranged toons.

anyone else with any ideas on how to handle this

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    I'd simply give direction to the PuG... possibly induct them into a guild so they can organize a bit better. It makes the player feel welcomed and broadens the community. Seems like the obvious thing to do.
    I like this because I'd be "that guy".

Give them a sense of belonging, if they feel what they are doing is benefiting themselves AND the server, then they'll go do it. So you have to figure out a way to group them together and send them places they want to go. Which if they're in WvW then they probably will accept a small amount of directing.

And if they won't, well then you have to hope that they will do well fighting by themselves and you cant really do anything about it anyway.

Let pugs zerg.

Take your own group and capture high priority targets away from the zerg.

pugs are going to zerg no matter what.

Not everyone is a pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojou View Post
    Not everyone is a pro.
    Even so, the server with the most co-operative pug base is going to dominate. So this is actually a really important topic haha

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Zerg rush zerg rush zerg rush.
    but seriously gather together whoever decides to listen to you, and take high prioity targets and build trebs at the various places to defend/attack

I highly doubt any serious PvP guild is going to take WvWvW seriously. They are all going to be focused on monthly and yearly tournaments.

If you seriously have a problem with the so called "noobs"

Buy a squad license. If you form a squad, at least there's some leader for all the pugs since it shows right on the map and people will blindly follow the icon.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

IM concerned about the attitude that someone feels the need to "handle" a pug that seems to be playing as he or she wants. If you want to be an asshat go compete in structured. WvWvW is for casual pvp which allows people do do as they wish. If you doubt that, then answer why on earth are there jumping puzzles in WvWvW

It worked in warhammer always 2-5 players i followed what they said in chat and when you have big group of around 20+ people pugs tend get sucked in and just mindlessly follow the wave of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Caps lock.

A bit off topic but if you wanna find the best pvp server look where the Aussie community is playing on and play there.
    Never met a bad aussie pvper.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Breaking the endless cycle of hate? No, you are dreaming!

But seriously now, that is probably the best way to do it. Random people wandering are just looking for something to do, for some direction. They are with few, which is why they attack supply camps, giving them some tips might be a good idea.

And escoring a supply caravan isnt a bad idea. You help your server out and its pretty decent exp/karma/coin for what is generally very little work.