Thread: My Worry's

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

My Worry's

when i played the bwe3 i did start a sylvari i played for 3 hours went to wvwvw and it was completely dead the next day around the main peak time for the server "piken square" it still seemed dead was anyone doing wvwvw?. because im just worried that when gw2 comes out people wont really bother with it. this is why i tried to avoid playing the beta's for to long i didnt want to repeat content for myself and make it boring which unfourtently i did a little. but my main worry is that wvwvw wont be as populated as people think or hype it to be i was one.

You realize WvWvW is supposed to last for two whole weeks, right? In a two-day beta event, ofcourse WvWvW will be unbalanced, dead at times and perhaps completely dominated by one server.
    Edit: I didn't mean to sound aggressive, but it kind of ended up this way. Don't worry about it. In release, when people actually have enough time to spread out their playing schedule and not rush everything to experience as much content as possible, WvW will be more populated and it will feel alive.
    Last edited by Adoris; 2012-07-24 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoris View Post
    You realize WvWvW is supposed to last for two whole weeks, right? In a two-day beta event, ofcourse WvWvW will be unbalanced, dead at times and perhaps completely dominated by one server.
    Edit: I didn't mean to sound aggressive, but it kind of ended up this way. Don't worry about it. In release, when people actually have enough time to spread out their playing schedule and not rush everything to experience as much content as possible, WvW will be more populated and it will feel alive.
    this^ /thread

Infracted; Minor Spam -- Blood
    Last edited by Jovanaar; 2012-07-24 at 06:51 PM.

well got my question answered i agree /thread

I expect dead times in an event that's going on for two weeks, but the reason it was primarily dead this last BWE was because of a few factors:

A) A lot of us were on alts seeing as it's the perfect time to try new characters when your old ones are gone
    B) "WuvWuh" was taken down at least a few times over the course of BWE3

I do expect for something of its size to be a little dead at times over the course of each battle, just because of the scope as well as factoring in play-times of people, but BWE3 isn't what I'd gauge it by.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by vilereaver41 View Post
    when i played the bwe3 i did start a sylvari i played for 3 hours went to wvwvw and it was completely dead the next day around the main peak time for the server "piken square" it still seemed dead was anyone doing wvwvw?. because im just worried that when gw2 comes out people wont really bother with it. this is why i tried to avoid playing the beta's for to long i didnt want to repeat content for myself and make it boring which unfourtently i did a little. but my main worry is that wvwvw wont be as populated as people think or hype it to be i was one.
    Man your lucky, I was on fort aspenwood server and WvWvW was full nearly the entire BWE3. I only got in once all weekend and when I did it was jam packed with battles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoris View Post
    This. I worry about SoS being unbalanced since a lot of Aussies are going there, making their peak hours my bed time. So the other servers will take advantage of this during the morning hours here in the US while I can actually play.

But in time, they'll spread out the servers evenly and accordingly. So no worries my friend!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vilereaver41 View Post
    Of course it was dead, people wanted to see the sylvari and asura areas.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Sea of Sarrows here, we had massive brawls going on almost constantly. It did thin out a few times and of corse stoped when they took the wvw servers down but there was always a battle to be had.

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Question: your server was 3rd with extremely low resources? If yes, maybe your server was populated of people more interested on new areas. But (as i suppose) your server was balanced as others, maybe 2nd too.
    Over all, what you felt as "dead" it wasn't at all. I was thinking the same when i joined wvw of my server. Till i realize there was a lot of people around. Basically this beta wvw was decentrated and completely disorganized.
    I basically start to run near contested towers and enemy's caravans, finding a lot of people fighting. You don't see them on your map, gotta walk a lot and stay near them, for realize how many peeps was fighting. So i think it was just your fault, not joining that disorganized mass of wvw players

It's also BWE3...and the first BWE with a character wipe. I couldn't be arsed to level again for 3 days when the game is out in a little over a month. I don't think I logged in for more than an hour to test my surround displays and performance along with the UI changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didnt see it was dead at all. I have over 35 hours of RvR in just 3 days. You just have to gravitate towards the battles.

I wasn't even able to do WvW all weekend because when every time I tried it was full and asked me to join a queue, so my worries are opposite of yours. I'm more worried about there being too many people and that there will always be a queue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I wasn't even able to do WvW all weekend because when every time I tried it was full and asked me to join a queue, so my worries are opposite of yours. I'm more worried about there being too many people and that there will always be a queue.
    Did you try joining any of the other three worlds in WvW? O_o
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Did you try joining any of the other three worlds in WvW? O_o
    Yup, all full. Though I only tried to join a couple times.

One night I even tried after the reset, right after it kicked everyone out. I was standing at the portals right when they reset, a minute or 2 after the hour I went through the portal...full, tried the other 3 portals...all full.

There was a glitch on saturday where instead of capping players per server, they were capping players overall, so say one server gets a ton of people in, then the other servers can't get anyone in because it's full.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Yup, all full. Though I only tried to join a couple times.

One night I even tried after the reset, right after it kicked everyone out. I was standing at the portals right when they reset, a minute or 2 after the hour I went through the portal...full, tried the other 3 portals...all full.
    there were some bugs with the population limits on top of the fact that they had to sevearly limit the populations in the first place because the servers were buged as well. I ran into the same full map issue right after the sat>sun rematch.

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    Even in real battles, there were certain times when both armies slept, except for some luckless sentinels sitting on walls and in camps that carried a torch around. When the server is dead, you're one of those guys going crazy and going alone to kill the enemy army.

WvW is also less exciting because people are running on low funds and are not experienced. Eventually when people have lots of money and there are sieges and proper defenses and everyone is accustomed to layouts and there are leaders forming on servers, it will get A LOT more organized and interesting. Hehehe.

It happens when servers arent balanced. Some servers have a very hardcore WvW-scene, and others have a crowd that plays it more casually. When you let a hardcore WvW server face off against two more casual and/or low pop servers, they will completely steamroll those servers. And before long the casual WvW servers simply give up, not seeing the fun in being unable to siege anything due to a wide variaty of reasons.

I know your pain, im on a hardcore WvW server. And last BWE was the first time we actually faced servers that were also commited to WvW. All the other BWEs we steamrolled and within 2h WvW was DEAD as the other servers just gave up. But when you pair servers of equal skill/dedication together it becomes great fun. With last sunday being the absolute crown on WvW for me, when our server was grouped with the two other european servers that were, upto that point, undefeated in WvW.

And it was just so much epicness, even as a general clusterfuck of uncoordinated scrubness clever tactics were still used. Really looking forward to playing more WvW.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    WvW is also less exciting because people are running on low funds and are not experienced. Eventually when people have lots of money and there are sieges and proper defenses and everyone is accustomed to layouts and there are leaders forming on servers, it will get A LOT more organized and interesting. Hehehe.
    I pretty much dived into WvW at lv13 and never ran low on cash, the Badges you get from fallen enemies can also be exchanged for Siege blueprints. So running around with a bunch of those actually didnt cost me a cent.