New Glyph of Death Coil

The new Glyph of Death Coil allows you to use Death Coil on an ally to place a protective absorption shield around them. However, you cannot use this ability on yourself. I think you should be able to.

Thoughts?

DKs already have a plethora of self-heals of which, actually, Death Coil is one. The glyph adds a little bit of utility.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    DKs already have a plethora of self-heals of which, actually, Death Coil is one. The glyph adds a little bit of utility.
    You can death strike two times before running out of runes.
    you can ghoul sac.
    you can lichborne heal.

3 = plethora?

Deleted
    Utility... ? On beta right now, it is shielding for 6k damage and doesn't proc any of the rune regen talent. Who would actually want to miss a RC/RE proc and mess their rotation for this ?

Unless they buff the absorbtion amount, I don't see anyone using this in PvE.

If they really want to give us utility, they should give us a raid CD. (Like paladins, monks or warriors can do.)

Edit : Alright, I was doing 6k shields in tank spec. As unholy, shields are more like 12k. It's still a bit low when you consider players will be around 300K+ health. What is sad is that it could actually have been helpful when off-tanking...
    Last edited by mmoc63d91da705; 2012-07-20 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    you can ghoul sac.
    you can lichborne heal.

3 = plethora?
    You forgot AMS+Lichborne for a ridiculous amount of DC healing if you are being focused. For a class that isn't even about healing, yes that is a plethora of self-healing. What else do you want? Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    You forgot AMS+Lichborne for a ridiculous amount of DC healing if you are being focused. For a class that isn't even about healing, yes that is a plethora of self-healing. What else do you want? Jesus.
    1. I focus on RBGs, so I play frost on my DK.
    2. There's a reason why you focus the DK in arenas - they're squishy.

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Excuse me, but Death Knights are supposed to have that whole self-healing theme going on.

And ridiculous DC healing? At a 1 sec GCD, you can push out five or six of them while in AMS. That's a bit over a full HP bar.

Not to mention all healing DKs do can easily be countered through silencing and disarming.

At this moment it is very weak so it is not worth it, but it could be useful if buffed and made to scale with gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Relicra View Post
    Not to mention all healing DKs do can easily be countered through silencing and disarming.
    Sorry but what class can noticeably heal itself when it is silenced and/or disarmed?
    You speak like every class can do immense self healing even while they are silenced and disarmed, which is just not true.
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2012-07-21 at 11:28 AM.

Blizzard has already addressed that they dont want it too strong otherwise all progression raider will have a DK mandatory to just spam DC Shields on tanks. its not suposed to be gamebreaking, just a glyph to add some flavor. U guys are asking too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    At this moment it is very weak so it is not worth it, but it could be useful if buffed and made to scale with gear.

Sorry but what class can noticeably heal itself when it is silenced and/or disarmed?
    You speak like every class can do immense self healing even while they are silenced and disarmed, which is just not true.
    warlocks can
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post

Pala can heal if disarmed, if silence buble heal
    Druid bear form heal while silence, can heal from fb glyph.
    Priest can heal while disarmed
    Warrior can heal while disarmed and silenced
    Rogue can heal while disarmed and silence
    Mage can heal while disarmed
    Shaman can heal while disarmed and silenced, earth shield
    Hunter can heal while disarmed and silenced from BM and spirit pet
    DK can not heal while silenced or disarmed or at least it's a half way heal that... Odds of you having max runic power when getting nuked, or that you have runes for disarm or enough power for pet heal or if you get silenced and disarm so you cant get runic power or runes ... Yeah ... not only that but amd and dk shield wall are spells.. Oh well you know best right? Dont make stupid assumptions as it sounds like you play 1200 rating after 500 games

If you list minor healing spells like the BM's spirit pet heal or a few earth shield ticks, then you must list things like the blood worm or the blood shield.

Fact is no class can do significant healing if they are silenced and disarmed, while for pretty much all casters just the silence effect disables 90% of their healing (not counting dispelling said effects while silenced).

Be happy that dks can do some healing while either silenced or disarmed, and that the enemy has to waste both a silence and a disarm cooldown to shut you down.
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2012-07-21 at 08:14 PM.

Does the glyph scale with death coil strength? I.E unholy will have bigger shields than frost? do the shields stack if you spam death coil on an ally?

Might be interesting for arena, but I dont see the loss of DPS being acceptable for most situations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    Does the glyph scale with death coil strength? I.E unholy will have bigger shields than frost? do the shields stack if you spam death coil on an ally?

Might be interesting for arena, but I dont see the loss of DPS being acceptable for most situations.
    Yeah, in tank gear + blooc spec, my death coils were shielding for about 6K. Switching to dps gear + unholy spec, they were shielding for 11/12K.

I could see this being useful in 2 tanks fights, say madness. You could shield your buddy to help him take the impale. But the shield is way too weak, even with full vengeance.

Edit : No, they do not stack. (And you can't do it on yourself)
    Last edited by mmoc63d91da705; 2012-07-21 at 11:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    you can ghoul sac.
    you can lichborne heal.

3 = plethora?
    Well I think he/she was also likely thinking of defensive cds as well.

I agree with the statement. Between GS and DS, AMS, IBF, you have a lot to keep you alive. And this has to be looked at on the aspect of PvP and PvE.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-