Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bought New Graphics Card, had to lower all my settings

Pretty much the title, I just bought a new Graphics Card EVGA GeForce 210 1g DDR3. And I was previously using a 512 9500GT, I got better game settings and frames with the old card compared to my newer one and I don't know why. Anyone mind helping out?
    And so, my fellow Americans: Ask not what your country can do for you - Ask what you can do for your country. JFK.

Because you bought a piece of junk. That card is for office work and YouTube.

Get something higher up the list.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ew,3107-7.html

Well I don't really have a bunch of money to spend on one, is the 9500 really better than this one?
    And so, my fellow Americans: Ask not what your country can do for you - Ask what you can do for your country. JFK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IronChi3f117 View Post
    I just bought a new Graphics Card EVGA GeForce 210 1g DDR3
    Well there's your problem, lol. That card is not for gaming, and as Blackmist said, it's more for office work/Internet browsing.

Give us a budget on how much you're willing to spend on a Graphics Card and we'll try to help.

Well I don't really have a bunch of money to spend on one, is the 9500 really better than this one?
    I always use this website:

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/

as a rough guide when buying a graphics card - here the Geforce 210 scores 208 and the 9500 GT scores 347.

Newer model doesn't always mean better.

Its approximately double in performance yes.

Video cards are named by Series, Model Number, and sometimes specs (9)(500) (GT) or (2)(10)
    Generally with nvidia cards a midrange card of the previous series will beat out or be close to the bottom range in the next, so the 500 of the 8 series, beat out the 300's of the 9 series, you went from a mid range to the absolute lowest two ranges up. the comparable card of the 2 series would be the 220, and it arguably would actually beat it out in a few areas.

The actual memory on a card can usually be safely ignored in most cases now (you can get cards slower than yours with 2+gb of vram) and cards that absolutely destroy yours with less than 256mb. Yes it does play into affect a bit, but more so in the area of how much can be on the screen at a time rather than frame rate.

If you're looking to spend in the 150$ range, something like a nVidia 550ti or an ATI 7770 would be your best options, both substantially upgraded from yours, with out having much higher power requirements and at decent price ranges.

Deleted
    Yea, the fact they advertise the amount of onboard memory and memory type is misleading to people who don't have an understanding of computer hardware... Don't even know why they bother advertising it.

About the $60 range, I'm not looking for one that is like "SUPER EPIC ULTRA GRAPHICS AT 726837461237841 FPS" I'm just looking for one that can run LoL at 60, and Blacklight Retribution at 60, and I will be content. I guess I'm not as good at looking at this kind of stuff as I thought.

Deleted
    This card is $74 and should be decent. Though if you want to spend $60 its probably best to look for someone selling a used GPU

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150614

Yeah, I didn't realize how shitty this card was, on the 9500 I was playing WoW on Ultra, BLR at high, and LoL on High (with shadows) at about 120 FPS, I put this one in and I have to lower EVERY game to the lowest and it's still unplayable... also, if you can, Walmart would be the better place for you to search and help, cause that's where I have to get it from.

Deleted
    Last edited by mmocc8920cde15; 2012-07-25 at 01:35 AM.

I'm not even sure if that would fit in my PC, lol, although I do keep the panel off the side of my pc.

Yeah, I didn't realize how shitty this card was, on the 9500 I was playing WoW on Ultra, BLR at high, and LoL on High (with shadows) at about 120 FPS, I put this one in and I have to lower EVERY game to the lowest and it's still unplayable... also, if you can, Walmart would be the better place for you to search and help, cause that's where I have to get it from.
    WoW on Ultra with a 9500 at what resolution? 800x600?

What do you guys think of this one?
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/EVGA-GeFor...-Card/21126311

Deleted
    Those cards are super small...

Quote Originally Posted by kiwimonster View Post
    WoW on Ultra with a 9500 at what resolution? 800x600?
    No actually, it was on 1280 x 720.

Why did you buy a cheap ass card if your current card was already doing what you needed? Honestly, I don't see the point in you upgrading it unless it is for something half decent, especially if you're really getting 120 fps with LoL.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Why did you buy a cheap ass card if your current card was already doing what you needed? Honestly, I don't see the point in you upgrading it unless it is for something half decent, especially if you're really getting 120 fps with LoL.
    The reason I was upgrading was because I was using the card from my brother's computer (Because he doesn't play PC games often) And me and him have found some games that we play together so he needed his card back.

Deleted
    just so you know if you're playing on an LCD you are only seeing 60 of those "120" frames, unless you have a 120hz gaming LCD, and from your budget i'm guessing you do not.

If you're looking for an upgrade I would go in the 120-130 dollar range, I can't post links but I saw a EVGA GeForce GTX 560 SE 1GB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 Graphics Card for 126 bucks on that walmart site.