Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

More proof about how flimsy pandaren lore fits into Warcraft

No trace whatsoever of their race anywhere in the Ulduar/Uldum statue representation of races or in quests.

Boom moving on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you know WHY it's called "mists" of pandaria ? Have you ever done the "Chen's Empty Keg" questline ? Did you even play Warcraft 3 ?

I bet you didn't.
    | Mokenuf | Varianna | Devona | Katzine | Gokkash | Vëcna | Shaggra | Snookí | Vekuh | Segath | Zhìyù | Sierenna | Tyranikus |

Kid, I played Warcraft since before you were born. I was there when we killed Medivh, I was there when we destroyed Deathwing, I was there when Lothar died, and I was there when pandaren made their stupid appearance in the Founding of Durotar campaign. OMG CHEN'S EMPTY KEG QUEST LINE THAT'S CANON LORE.

IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT THEY HAVE NO PRESENCE IN TITAN LORE, THE MAKERS OF AZEROTH, BECAUSE THERE'S A GODDAMN KEG QUEST.

THAT WAS REMOVED.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisWillNotStand View Post
    Kid, I played Warcraft since before you were born.
    Hahahahahahaha, good one.

If you keep thinking like this, the game can never move ahead and bring us something new.
    Not everything ingame has to be already there........ I think it is a great idea of having new, completely new things in the game.

I am glad we are leaving warcraft now and making new stuff going along.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this a serious or fun thread ?

I thought we all got to terms with the fact months ago.

Deleted
    No trace whatsoever of their race anywhere in the Ulduar/Uldum statue representation of races or in quests.
    That mean that trolls aren't also part of Azeroth lore?

IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT THEY HAVE NO PRESENCE IN TITAN LORE, THE MAKERS OF AZEROTH, BECAUSE THERE'S A GODDAMN KEG QUEST.
    Titans weren't the Makers of Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    If you keep thinking like this, the game can never move ahead and bring us something new.
    Not everything ingame has to be already there........ I think it is a great idea of having new, completely new things in the game.

I am glad we are leaving warcraft now and making new stuff going along.
    Leaving World of Warcraft.
    Well I agree with OP, case and point.

I don't like what they are doing. But they don't have much to work with as well. WC3 was used up.
    WC2 was done shockingly.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

There have been MANY changes to this game.

Pandaland was most certain some sort of retcon to get them into lore more. Sageras was not even a main villain until wc3 and wow when they retconned it to bring him into focus as the main villain of the whole lore.

It is blizzards game and they have changed so many things it is not worth even getting angry over (which you seem to be by calling someone you dont even know a kid)

10+ Year Old Account
    Kid, I played Warcraft since before you were born .
    Your maturity... It is blinding! Ima go faint somewhere.

Blizzard has now stated the night elves evolved from trolls due to the effects of the Well of Eternity that the Titans created. This would be after the Titans left, yet there are constellation "statues" of them in Ulduar. You're suggesting nothing new can ever be added to WoW unless it was thought of years ago and planned ahead of time.

There was no indication of night elves until WC 3, was that not canon because it wasn't mentioned in WC and WC 2? The tauren didn't exist until WC 3, are they not canon? We will obviously discover how the pandaren fit in with lore as we explore pandaria and discover this lost history from 10,000 years ago. We could have quests from night elves stating the pandaren were believed lost after the Sundering. For all we know, the pandaren and night elves were familiar with each other before that.

And as others have pointed out, Sargeras, the Burning Legion, and the eredar have been revised since Warcraft RTS games as well.

This is just another "Waaaah, I don't want pandas" thread. If you hate Mists of Pandaria so much, don't buy it. Plain and simple, it's not changing or going away.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2012-07-27 at 01:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Pandaland was most certain some sort of retcon to get them into lore more. Sageras was not even a main villain until wc3 and wow when they retconned it to bring him into focus as the main villain of the whole lore.
    What are you babbling about? Sargeras is the ultimate evil since Warcraft I, when he was part of Medivh.

Dewds, OP is right. What are we thinking?

/cancelsub

Deleted
    Whatever blizz says is lore = lore. There is no canon in things officially released by blizzard unless blizzard specifically states otherwise. Get over it.

Kid, I played Warcraft since before you were born. I was there when we killed Medivh, I was there when we destroyed Deathwing, I was there when Lothar died, and I was there when pandaren made their stupid appearance in the Founding of Durotar campaign. OMG CHEN'S EMPTY KEG QUEST LINE THAT'S CANON LORE.

THAT WAS REMOVED.
    Hmmm.... Guy Fawkes Mask Forum Avatar... Calls poster "kid"..... Brags about how long he's played ______ in a condescending way...... Hmmmmmm..................

Also. Rofl @ your "I was there" rant... Brag about being "there" at something important next time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bluejaye View Post
    Hmmm.... Guy Fawkes Mask Forum Avatar... Calls poster "kid"..... Brags about how long he's played ______ in a condescending way...... Hmmmmmm..................
    Obvious troll is troll.

The best way to fight it is to talk about the lore and ignore the trolling.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

Boom moving on.
    Adorable troll is adorable.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I don't understand why people are making such a big point of nothing!
    In the end Lore are just fairytales.......
    It is made up to start with..... what is the problem in making up more stuff?

Kid, I played Warcraft since before you were born.
    See, guys, this is how you make yourself look mature.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account

THAT WAS REMOVED.
    Let me explain something that might have eluded you:
    You, as a player don't even OWN your account, much less the right to develop the game's lore. Blizzard can do whatever they want with the lore, be it for better or worse.

Plus, looking at your avatar, and how you treat other people in this topic, i'd say you're probably a 17 year old "internet revolutionary" that thinks himself too old for "cute pandas", so there must be a way to invalidate them. How far am i?

Don't like the direction the game is heading? There's plenty of fish in the sea.