Thread: Melee Healing

Melee Healing

So I have yet to see anything around for melee healing outside of the short section in the mistweaver sticky, and wanted to start a discussion about melee healing 100% of the time, just to see if it could work out.

So far main skills being used are:

Chi Generators-
    Jab
    Expel Harm
    Renewing Mists
    Surging Mists

Chi Consumers-
    Chi Wave (or other level 30 talent)
    Blackout Kick
    Tiger Palm
    Uplift

Using Jab as your main Chi generator, using Expel Harm, and Renewing Mists as needed for extra healing. Use Blackout Kick twice to maintain Serpents Zeal, and Tiger Palm to obtain 5 stacks of Vital Mists for instant Surging Mists. Use uplift after having used Renewing Mists, for more healing through out Renewing Mists spreading.

I personally took Chi Wave for this, because it will bounce back and forth for more healing done, however the other two should work just fine.

I haven't looked into glyphs just yet, I will edit this post with information on that if a discussion gets rolling from it.
    Any advice/suggestions/input is welcome =D

I do use EH and ReM on CD to gain Chi. Make a focus macro for ReM and you will always cast it on the tank first(he always take dmg so) SCK is a good chi generatin if you have 3 or more mobs/friednly player in range, heals for a good amount now also. Chi wave imo is kinda rubbish atm. With the CD on it and a Chi cost is wierd, tho i do think the CD on CW is stuck from the time it was a MW spell. I wouldnt count SuM as a Chi generator since i only use it with 5 stacks of Vital Mist and sometimes it takes a while to get that.

As you said get Serpents Zeal up asap then the TP buffs for more dmg from the armor pen buff. Betwen refreshing the buffs i tend to use the lvl 30 talent, Chi burst is the best one atm but dont grant any MT stacks for now (bug) so you loose some mana on it. I havent really get to using Uplift that much, I dont seems to have the time for using it and especilly without the glyph for it. I need my Chi for other stuff. And using mana for it feels also wrong when the mana cost of Jab is so high.

For glyph i would almost take mana tea since you will need the mana faster then in range healing mode. And to gain 2 stacks in 1 GCD is good for melee, not much downtime on dpsing then.

As for lvl 90 talent i use Xuen, he do some dmg (not great) and eminanc healing (not great) but he is not scaling right eaither now. But when he does i think he will be great.

What i do want to happen is all the dps ability gets a base heal just like SCK have. In that way they could lower the dps but the healing would stay the same or buff the healing.

The Mana Tea glyph is a definite. I took the SuM glyph so I wouldnt have to switch targets, but as of right now I am still messing around with it. I might grab the ReM glyph for the range though. I haven't been able to look at how much each spell is healing through eminence, because it just keeps saying +1. I'm going to try running some stuff to see if I can change that, and check out the heals through tiger palm and what not. I'll post some numbers I get, but I have no recount/addons on the beta so I'll do my best.

Personally, I am just interested in melee healing, and think it could potentially be a LOT of fun.

Go hit the raid target dummy and you will get the right amount of the eminance healing, and you can get recount from wowinterface.com BUT recount only shows the dps you do not healing if your not in a real fight I also use the ReM glyph so range ppl will also get it.

Jypp i want to melee as much as i can on my monk and i really want it to work out in a awesome and fun way.

I'll spend the night running numbers then, just for reference sake from eminence healing through abilities. Probably do about 100 of each ability, and average it together, because in the log it just states from eminence.

If Eminence is only healing you for 1 you're hitting one of the Training Dummies with only 1/1 HP. Try hitting the ones with several thousand/million instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueeagle View Post
    I'll spend the night running numbers then, just for reference sake from eminence healing through abilities. Probably do about 100 of each ability, and average it together, because in the log it just states from eminence.
    And after you done that pls post on offical forums