Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pung9 View Post
    Hello all I have recently decided to start tanking for my guild and was wondering if you guys could rate my tanking gear and if it is good enough for heroic SOO? heres my armory

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...araad/advanced
    At the risk of being excessively blunt: Re-read the guide. All of it. You clearly haven't understood the basic concepts. You're way over hitcap and way under expertise cap - you want to be at 7.5% and 15%, respectively. Some of your gear has horrible itemization, which I realize is outside of your control, but not being at the right hit and exp caps is just flat-out dumb if you're looking to do heroic content.

Let me make it excessively clear, in fact: If you are not at 7.5% hit and 15% expertise, there is no point to stacking haste. You might as well stack spirit. Get yourself accuracy capped. Now.

In terms of the pure quality of your gear you have 20 more iLvls than most of us killed Heroic Siegecrafter in - you almost overgear Heroic Garrosh. If you can't do all of Heroic Siege in your current gear you're doing something wrong other than cooky gemming and reforging.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    At the risk of being excessively blunt: Re-read the guide. All of it. You clearly haven't understood the basic concepts. You're way over hitcap and way under expertise cap - you want to be at 7.5% and 15%, respectively. Some of your gear has horrible itemization, which I realize is outside of your control, but not being at the right hit and exp caps is just flat-out dumb if you're looking to do heroic content.

Let me make it excessively clear, in fact: If you are not at 7.5% hit and 15% expertise, there is no point to stacking haste. You might as well stack spirit. Get yourself accuracy capped. Now.

In terms of the pure quality of your gear you have 20 more iLvls than most of us killed Heroic Siegecrafter in - you almost overgear Heroic Garrosh. If you can't do all of Heroic Siege in your current gear you're doing something wrong other than cooky gemming and reforging.

Thanks for the comment I don't mind you being blunt just wanted to see if the gear was fine or not. I have read the guide and I know that i need to be at 15% expertise I know the gems and reforges are bad but thats mainly cause I have it gemmed and reforged for my dps spec atm but id be changing the reforging and gems if I start tanking. But form my understanding my gear is fine for tanking just need to reforge and re gem correct?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pung9 View Post
    Thanks for the comment I don't mind you being blunt just wanted to see if the gear was fine or not. I have read the guide and I know that i need to be at 15% expertise I know the gems and reforges are bad but thats mainly cause I have it gemmed and reforged for my dps spec atm but id be changing the reforging and gems if I start tanking. But form my understanding my gear is fine for tanking just need to reforge and re gem correct?
    You want as much haste as you can get while keeping 4-set. You've got a lot of gear that needs replacing, but your average iLvl is so high that so long as you execute the fundamentals of prot tanking correctly, 574 iLvl is enough to kill Heroic Garrosh - and by extension every boss preceding him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw another Prot Pally in shrine today and I inspected his gear. Oh god.

He was basically using something similar to a Protection Warrior build. Dodge+Parry gear with Dodge/Parry/Stamina gems (actively going for strength and stamina socket bonuses). He was reforging into those stats along with mastery too. He was about 570ilvl too which was the weirdest thing. He was also using Sacred Shield.

I should stop inspecting people lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebulagamingtv View Post
    I saw another Prot Pally in shrine today and I inspected his gear. Oh god.

He was basically using something similar to a Protection Warrior build. Dodge+Parry gear with Dodge/Parry/Stamina gems (actively going for strength and stamina socket bonuses). He was reforging into those stats along with mastery too. He was about 570ilvl too which was the weirdest thing. He was also using Sacred Shield.

I should stop inspecting people lol.
    Meh, not like it's hard to get 570 item level. I've got three alts with that and one of them still has a 553 cloak (4 runestones from the legendary).

10+ Year Old Account
    I long gave up, being asked daily back in WOTLK about gemming (+stam all slots and then 1 purple gem in red socket that gave most stam bonus) and then watching people fail at it. The number of people I saw using +10 stats gems because "that's what other classes do"

Raaaaaaaaaaaage.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    I gave up looking at other paladin tanks gear the first patch I ever tanked as a paladin (4.0)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    I got tired of people spamming me why I use agility neck.
    Indeed. Got spammed all the time during cata for that. That blue agi trinket from Lost City of the Tol'Vir was so OP and also used agi necks and stuff.
    I actually even used agi neck in MoP for some patch.

Not to mention how much people asked why you were stacking haste in MoP...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    ToT Spirit shield pliz
    cuz mena sheild and fastest mena regeneretion

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Someone is banned and it's not me, holy fucking tits.
    That irony

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    cuz mena sheild and fastest mena regeneretion
    Not to mention increased crit chance for our spell abilities

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    That irony
    I guess you can say...

...Both Merins post count and infractions are over 9000.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Not to mention increased crit chance for our spell abilities
    PBI pulls ahead of TTT at high veng.
    RIP

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    PBI pulls ahead of TTT at high veng.
    RIP
    I use both of them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Not to mention how much people asked why you were stacking haste in MoP...
    This reminds me of a LFR run (yea, I know..) in ToT with another paladin geared towards dodge and the like, while I was in my (haste) dps gear, only changed to 1h+shield. He kept laughing at me "fearing" I will be 1shot by the bosses. I was trying to explain the proper bits to this guy while basically solo tanking, but to no avail.. Half the raid preferred the anonymity of silence, the other half started laughing and joining the fun run..

Here's to proper /facepalm moments.

Deleted
    hey guys

im recently back from a break at the end of ToT and want to start tanking again: quick question about what changed in SoO patch - talent wise is Sacred Shield still used as i hear that eternal flame was buffed?
    any other changes?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    hey guys

im recently back from a break at the end of ToT and want to start tanking again: quick question about what changed in SoO patch - talent wise is Sacred Shield still used as i hear that eternal flame was buffed?
    any other changes?
    Eternal Flame is better than SS now. I find it good to have something to track the HoT, so you can judge when to refresh it (e.g. if your vengeance has increased a lot). I find Theck's weakaura strings (available from his Sacred Duty blog) very nice for this.

I haven't tanked much in SoO so am out of touch, but with the high item levels, you can stack haste to the cap of about 50%; the 4pc is very nice imo; and DP seems generally superior to the rival talents. With those three things, you'll have a ton of holy power, making it a fun time to be a pally tank.

I personally use Divine Purpose on every fight except Malkorok, Thok and Garrosh (when I use Holy Avenger). The T16 4p is nice, not mandatory. Use EF over SS.

Do you use HA on 25H Garrosh for damage? I found that it does about the same as DP (I solo tank P1 onward), but that is granted a small sample size. I hate HA so much that I couldn't use it for more than 2 pulls.

I use it because the burst damage potential with Wings (cooldown reduced) is insane.