Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    thought they was dropped because they dont have a clue how to balance their own game?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    Hmm lets see
    -Imbalance and fotm
    -not spectacular for the viewer
    -rng often deciding the fight
    just to name 3... there are more but those 3 are enough for wow to never become an esport

Firstly dont comapre an RTS game to a fucking mmo... gsus...
    Secondly it was far from "brain fart" as you call it... Sc1 is the most demanding pc game that ever existed, it was simple, spectacular and players had insane amounts of things to learn to even compete on low lvl. Not mentioning that sc1 is nearly perfectly balanced game. Sc1 had EVERYTHING in order to become an esport, wow has nothing.

I agree, but as far as I know a big part of the reason because BW is so popular is because of BUGS!!! Because of bugs that Blizzard forgot to fix. The air unit stack bug and patrol bug are a big reason for it's high skill ceiling and random scarabs ofc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3IbwjeCx6U Fangirls going ape shit crazy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cB-6MrsDsQ Random reaver shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJp0t9n8DWk Marine micro

ALL OF THIS WAS STILL RANDOM AND UNINTENDED. Blizzard wasn't like maybe a bunch of koreans will make a rich scene with popular personalities around this game in a few years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unbalanced as (excuse my German) FUCK.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    the reason why WoW isn't an esport is because of its sub par game balance unlike games such as starcraft LoL and HoN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arent View Post
    Now we all know that Wow is a pretty succesful game and it has a pretty interesting Arena system. Soo why isn't it an eSport? In my opinion it's because Blizzard didn't push the idea towards already established eSports organizations to pick wow up. I think we have the playerbase to justify a big enough viewerbase and a lot of people would start playing if they saw how interesting the PvP aspect is! Soo more money for blizzard. I really don't know why blizzard didn't do this yet.

Blizzard needs to encourage Organizations such as NASL, IPL and MLG to pick up Arena. It would be an interesting esport to watch

I mean other eSports that are supported by this organizations are Tribes, LoL, Hon, Quake and a lot of fighters.

Here are a few random examples that I found

http://www.youtube.com/user/choleras...e=results_main

http://www.youtube.com/user/Protatomonster

http://www.youtube.com/user/tribesascend

http://www.youtube.com/user/HuskyStarcraft/videos

Take a look at this examples and tell me how this kinds of games have TV channels dedicated to them in certain, but not WOW, why? I mean wow has the sufficient skill ceiling required to justify competition.

Why do you personally think wow isn't a succesfull esport?
    WoW had its shot as an eSport some years back. Balancing and a lack of spectator mode put an end to that endeavor. Blizzard tried to work on balancing. It's what brought about this dreadful homogenization we have now.

Unbalanced to an extent, but the main problem is that even if Arena, Battlegrounds, and World PvP became an E-sport, it's not very appealing to watch. WoW isn't too visual on what is going on besides big AoE's.

There is almost no way a spectator would be able to tell what was going on, most melee attacks don't looke very different from one another, so all you can see is a warrior spinning or swinging, a bear either swings with one paw or stands up and hits with both. Kitty is much the same. So to truly understand whats going on would require a complete retooling.

Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    WoW had its shot as an eSport some years back. Balancing and a lack of spectator mode put an end to that endeavor. Blizzard tried to work on balancing. It's what brought about this dreadful homogenization we have now.
    I do not really know if I agree on they tried working on it but well I certainly agree with the spectator mode.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjsno View Post
    Unbalanced to an extent, but the main problem is that even if Arena, Battlegrounds, and World PvP became an E-sport, it's not very appealing to watch. WoW isn't too visual on what is going on besides big AoE's.
    I don't want to derail the thread, but where is that anime chick from?
    Looks hot o.o. Pixels -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Markthedark View Post
    I don't want to derail the thread, but where is that anime chick from?
    Looks hot o.o. Pixels -.-
    She is Rias Gremory from Highschool DxD. Back on topic now, please :P.

Boring to watch, shitty balance.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

Because its not balanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Its far too unbalanced to be a good "sport".
    This, Ever Since Arena Blizzard has done damn all to balance classes even half decently. Constantly Buffing certain classes while others get left in the dust.

Not only that, they seem to do it intentionally, every patch you see a class get buffed severely and one nerfed to the ground, there's this status quo feeling with every patch, as if one spec/class must be on top for a season and another on the bottom at all times, like a perfect imbalance system.

You cannot create an Esport when you have one class that is significantly more powerful than all the others, and one where it is a joke to bring them at all. Until Blizzard realizes this, they will not get arena back into the esport bracket any time soon.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    WoW Arena was an E-sport but it failed. It has no proper spectator mode and it will never be truely balanced. Also it is a bit too complex for the average viewer to enjoy what they see on screen.
    Exactly this. I can barely play SC2 well yet I love watching tournaments. A good esport game is a game that is both competitive, and enjoying & easy to understand in the eyes of the viewer.

Deleted
    eSports are exclusive skill based;
    WoW is not skill based, at least not exclusively;
    Therfor WoW is not an eSport.

The problem is having an eSport of the PvP-part of a game which has both PvE and PvP. It causes balancing issues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    This, Ever Since Arena Blizzard has done damn all to balance classes even half decently. Constantly Buffing certain classes while others get left in the dust.

Not only that, they seem to do it intentionally, every patch you see a class get buffed severely and one nerfed to the ground, there's this status quo feeling with every patch, as if one spec/class must be on top for a season and another on the bottom at all times, like a perfect imbalance system.

You cannot create an Esport when you have one class that is significantly more powerful than all the others, and one where it is a joke to bring them at all. Until Blizzard realizes this, they will not get arena back into the esport bracket any time soon.
    If blizzard had PvP PTR dedicated servers running all the time I think we could hit balance, but blizzard is being conservative instead of taking a chance

Blizzard has realized long ago that their shot at making WoW a good PvP game was over. They blundered through the E-sport process and now are just content to suck away your money for an old ass engine on a game well behind its prime. When Arenanet releases the spectator patch after release of GW2, thats going to be the esport you're looking for IMO. Blizzard and all their fans should realize that WoW is no longer relevant when it comes to PvP and they're not going to do anything to help it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    The problem is having an eSport of the PvP-part of a game which has both PvE and PvP. It causes balancing issues.
    Giving abilities two different propreties for PvP and PvE and everything would be fixed

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    arena isn't really balanced anyway, it's not like sc2 where everything is around balance.