Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Tbh, I would already be glad if people could simply understand that our senses are not to be trusted, and not call in something supernatural because you THINK you felt or saw something strange. Hell, most of these stories are from people who were sleeping. Awake and senses is not optimal, sleeping and senses ... even less.

Edit:

P.s. Am I the only 1 who finds it strange we're pretty much allowed to bash ghost believers in a scientific way, but have to "RUN TO DEM HILLS!" if we do exactly the same in any religion thread? -.-*

The core principle is the same really.
    I see it as well. It also depends on the religion. Its cool to bash the Jehovas witnesses and Scientologists and sometimes mormons...

Tbh, I would already be glad if people could simply understand that our senses are not to be trusted, and not call in something supernatural because you THINK you felt or saw something strange. Hell, most of these stories are from people who were sleeping. Awake and senses is not optimal, sleeping and senses ... even less.

Edit:

P.s. Am I the only 1 who finds it strange we're pretty much allowed to bash ghost believers in a scientific way, but have to "RUN TO DEM HILLS!" if we do exactly the same in any religion thread? -.-*

I wholeheartedly agree, but I see it in another way; I'm glad we at least can discuss and criticize some beliefs. So let's not give the admins any more ideas to ban these topics as well
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree, but I see it in another way; I'm glad we at least can discuss and criticize some beliefs. So let's not give the admins any more ideas to ban these topics as well
    I guess its okay as long as its not the HOLY ghost

10+ Year Old Account
    It's because religious discussing of any kind will always devolve into a flame war, with insults being flung from both sides. If we banned ghost threads we'd also have to ban big foot threads and everything in between, it'd get pretty crazy.

Anyway, lets stop discussing the rules of the forums and get back on topic:
    I don't believe in ghosts at all, my friend at work was convinced their was a ghost in the house she was house sitting for a few weeks.
    After a while, I managed to convince her she was just being trolled by her GF, because she was! She'd never even seen it but is terrified of ghosts and pretty much everything, so believed it when she was told about it.

Ghosts to me, is kind of like saying "I can't explain this, so here is an explanation" It never made sense to me. It's surely a possibility, but if you're just going to assume something then there are endless possibilities and that's why I've never believed in ghosts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't experienced any ghost/spirits encounters before so im just working on what i've heard over the years and what i've seen on videos/Ghost Hunters ( LOL )... but i personally believe that spirits exist. I believe that they're around us but i don't believe in actual " ghost " like figures. Until i see one i can't believe in the hype.
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    This basically my take as well. I'm glad to be able to shit on an absurd belief in a way that's almost identical to my take on other absurd beliefs.

It's amusing to see the various rationalizations people dream up with "electrical energy" and such. Really though, that's even less persuasive than just saying, "I think there might be something we call ghosts, but I don't know what it is". Inventing complex explanations that have absolutely no supporting evidence isn't really a good way to go.

I'm pretty sure there are ghosts somewhere, maybe around us, but we cannot see them.
    I hear every year in the same night sounds of someone walking in my basement.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I'm pretty sure there are ghosts somewhere, maybe around us, but we cannot see them.
    Burglar with OCD

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Santa? (if it's @christmas)
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Edit:

^^ Agreed 100%

Ghosts, Angels, Supernatural whatever. Until someone gets me some solid proof, I refuse to believe any account.

No and no. But that doesn't mean I can't be scared shitless of them when I am alone in the dark!

Well personally i'm a sceptic on the whole thing i did live at my friends place and saw some fucked up shit.

Started with curtains fully blowing with the doors shut but it, to me, became somewhat odd when I woke up and saw a man in a coat wearing a top hat staring at me from bed and that was a dream but my mates wife had the same dream the same night and we told different people about it till it came together that we had the same guy in both our dreams. There's alot of stories from diff people about that house.

Personally i think it's all BS and just a mess of stories changing over time to combine and create a ghost house but most of my friends believe the house is haunted.