Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Haven't read thread, but vegetables mostly taste bad because you have an addiction to sugar. Detox yourself of mfg sugar for about 60 days, watch how much better vegetables taste during that time.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    They need to be grilled/cooked right but they can be amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vegetables are fantastic, try not eating and drinking unhealthy foods and you will appreciate the taste of vegetables more.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not the taste of some veg as much as the texture for me. I can't get into peppers or carrots because there crunchy and soggy and just all wrong.

The reason vegetables taste horrible is because they are good for you. Personally I enjoy a good salad. Nothing beats a fresh carrot or radish.

It is weird. They're as valuable as fruit, but have none of the flavor. >.< It almost seems like the more healthy it is the worse it tastes, prime example: broccoli.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    I've seen this in BBC documentary, they said that vegetables really do taste bitter to children (that's why most of them don't like it), but over time, if they keep eating them, the taste receptors develop to ignore the bitterness (overwhelmed by the benefits of eating vegetables). So I guess you haven't eaten enough vegetables. Personally, I love vegtables, I put broccoli into soup and other vegtables, it tastes heavenly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I agree with the paladin that is bad and goes by the name Badpaladin.

I f***ing love me some veggies!

Saute up some mushrooms
    Erm, lol...dude, shrooms aren't veggies, they're freaking FUNGUS. Though I too love the hell out of some Sauteed shrooms. And fried shrooms. And shrooms on pizza, in spaghetti...love me some shrooms! Just not the drug kind...that's just stupid.

I'm not a huge fan of most veggies. I grew up getting force-fed peas, so I don't eat them often if at all. Don't much care for green beans, either. I like pintos and black beans, I love bell peppers (and most peppers for that matter) and LOOOOVE sauteed onions. I don't do salads at all, but I do like lettuce on my tacos. I love corn, but corn hardly has anything healthy in it for you lol. I love tomatoes; hell, I love most tomato-based products. I make a LOT of pasta and sauce, and most of the foods I eat involve tomatoes in some form or fashion. I like potatoes too. Hmm, I'm suddenly in the mood to make some smashed taters now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

once you no longer have a tired, overworked, annoyed, and bitter parent making you terrible vegetables that they just put in water and throw in the microwave, and take time to properly make them yourself, you will learn to love veggies.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Deleted
    They probably taste terrible because the person that makes you them, can't cook ;<

Are you kidding? Stuffed peppers are delicious. Mashed Sweet Potatoes drizzled with Balsamic and Tomato reduction is amazing. A vegetable medley cooked in olive oil is amazing. Carrot slices are great for snacks on long road trips. Brussel Sprouts sauteed in Butter? Fabulous.

Stop whining about how terrible vegetables are and try something new.

Cheddar broccoli soup begs to differ!

If from America (and I think Great Great Britain as well) we are used to sugary foods. It's really in everything. You also might not be used to veggies, because while you were growing up your parents didn't enjoy it. If you are trying to change the way you eat and not just some lose 5pounds real quick diet.. it takes a bit of time. It took me a month or two to really start putting it in my diet and now a year later greasy foods like fries and terrible fast food burgers hurt my stomach. Just gotta find the one you really like. I love the flavors of non spicey peppers/chiles like green peppers and jalapenos and put it in almost everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are genes known to make certain chemicals present in a lot of vegetables taste repugnant to some.

But aside from that, vegetables taste "bad" because they just don't taste good. We were meant to eat the sugar in fruits and the salt in meats. Vegetables have a lot of chemicals (alkaloids, some of them) that are meant to defend the plant's leaves (or w/e) from predation. So they taste neutral/not good because we aren't really meant to eat them except in situations where there is no fruit or meat available.

Course, that doesn't mean its ok to binge on bread 'n stuff. We aren't really meant to eat that either...

Edit: A lot of people are saying cooked vegetables are great, when you add X to them. I don't think that strikes at the heart of the issue. The OP seems to be talking about raw spinach, lettuce, and other greens. Maybe peppers/tomatoes/cucumbers as well, though those are fruits I think.
    Last edited by Underverse; 2012-07-31 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    There are genes known to make certain chemicals present in a lot of vegetables taste repugnant to some.

But aside from that, vegetables taste "bad" because they just don't taste good. We were meant to eat the sugar in fruits and the salt in meats. Vegetables have a lot of chemicals (alkaloids, some of them) that are meant to defend the plant's leaves (or w/e) from predation. So they taste neutral/not good because we aren't really meant to eat them except in situations where there is no fruit or meat available.

Course, that doesn't mean its ok to binge on bread 'n stuff. We aren't really meant to eat that either...

Edit: A lot of people are saying cooked vegetables are great, when you add X to them. I don't think that strikes at the heart of the issue. The OP seems to be talking about raw spinach, lettuce, and other greens. Maybe peppers/tomatoes/cucumbers as well, though those are fruits I think.

Too be fair most people don't like to eat raw beef, pork, or poultry either...

Deleted
    Fuck vegetables eat meat and fruit ftl.

Deleted
    Was just doing dinner and had to come and say since I forgot from my previous list, raw asparagus = win.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because your mommy didn´t make you eat your veggies when you were little.

I like the taste of most vegetables.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Like almost anything it is subjective. I love almost any veggies, and I actually prefer snacking on veggies more then the typical junk snack foods (i.e chips, chocolate, ect...) - Veggie Trays ftw! :-D
    Last edited by Sodka; 2012-07-31 at 03:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger View Post
    Because your mommy didn´t make you eat your veggies when you were little.

I like the taste of most vegetables.
    It's not only about that though, I had lousy parents who supported me through mostly crapfood and no vegetables/fruits at all, didn't learn to eat them 'til my adulthood.