Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Number tuning its ok but... I can't understand why we got bigger nerf then classes raping meters.

Seriously, i can't understand that. They nerfed by 15% 3 out of 4 top damage income(its actually 15 15 9); but in the meanwhile, pyroblast and fireball got nerfed by 6 and 5% even if mage was pretty much second in line as dps.

I gave up on understand Blizzy way-o'-balance with T13 crap, but this...i don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    I honestly don't care if our numbers are on the low end, I just want to have a fun rotation =(
    Well the rotation is literal garbage and is completely "derpy" on top of us being near the bottom of dps BEFORE this idiotic round of nerfs.

Does Blizzard on realize that alot of the incoming raid tier has multi-dot encounters. nerfing shadows SINGLE TARGET DAMAGE OUTPUT BASED OFF MULTI-TARGET ENCOUNTERS IS MORONIC. /capslock

Basically what they just did is put us middle of the road on encounters we are supposed to crush , and put us at the bottom or damn close in single target.

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 01:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Karei View Post
    It's amazing how much trust you still put in a bunch of designers that have managed to get Shadow in the bottom of the pack at the start of every expansion.
    In WotLK it took till ToC before we were able to compete.
    In Cata it took till halfway T11 before we were up to speed.

With only over a month to go my sense of trust in them is lost as it is already and everything they do does not seem to change my idea on the matter.

You forgot to mention that shadow was nerfed into the ground in BC a few weeks into Kharazhan because we were given gear from tailoring that was 3 tiers overtuned(aka still usable in SUNWELL), and from that nerf we were never buffed until halfway through ICC heroic content to a competitive point before we were then re-nerfed until TOC.

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 01:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    U clearly dont know WHY warriors are so high on sims then. Seeing as the tests are run during execute phase they get to spam the shit out of execute which is their biggest dmg contributor by a HUUUGE amount. Their sustained dmg is pretty normal really. nothing amazing. So stop reading sims if ure not aware of what they actually say. If u even read this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post17985474 U'll see that warriors themselves think this is ridiculous and want blizz to nerf execute in favor of buffing their sustained dmg. But blizz even did the opposite, they nerfed their sustained. So i don't know why ure saying theyre SO strong. It's even a running joke that the warrior devs have no clue how warriors work (seeing as theyre buffing haste for warriors just to buff haste). Oh, and GC plays a mage x)

---------- Post added 2012-08-14 at 10:24 PM ----------

And the issue is? halfway through t11 really isnt that bad of a "wait" for a fix (not that we were entitled to one) considering enhance shammies has been worse off and completely forgotten this entire expansion. Shadow priests actually got fixed, and when we did; we did very well.
    with the amount of time given to fix the numbers before the expansion goes live , having to wait halfway into a tier to get your damage output fixed is insanity. Shadow has also been on a steady decline all of Cata which at the high end is very much boosted by legendary staffs because of the still pathetic sp scaling on mind flay. Shadow does still shine on multi-target encounters which is our niche, but in terms of the single target encounters , we fall to middle of the pack. Which is all honesty I have zero issue with and in terms of being a unique class design works perfectly. Blizzard, however, does not share the sentiment going into MOP. Apparently based off these newest number tweaks multi-dotting is supposed to be non existent and shadow is supposed to do the worst damage output in the game. I have recount and WoL numbers showing shadow and arms in an almost tie for dead last through a beta LFR , which includes the tank being above them. This is PRE-todays nerfs btw.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Im guessing most people have seen this from GC, but in case you haven't:

Internally, Windwalkers and Frost mages are a little high (though Frost is even more RNG than Fire now so it takes a large sample size to determine this) and Shadow and Unholy (and maybe SMF Fury) may be slightly low. Tank single target is tuned, though AE is not, and healer DPS is not tuned.

Overall, damage in the current beta build (the one most players are discussing) is a little lower than damage in our current beta build, so the good news is that many classes will see buffs next time around.

@jonish

The beta LFR isn't exactly the best way to judge class performance however. In all encounters on the LFR I'm always in the top 5. Unless you are in a very good group (top guild queueing), you can't exactly rely on that data. I've seen plenty of shadow priests severely under performing.

Deleted
    15% SP scaling for mind sear.. jesus.
    Last edited by mmocffca35fda3; 2012-08-15 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorend View Post
    @jonish

The beta LFR isn't exactly the best way to judge class performance however. In all encounters on the LFR I'm always in the top 5. Unless you are in a very good group (top guild queueing), you can't exactly rely on that data. I've seen plenty of shadow priests severely under performing.
    these are all guild members in a beta LFR im referring too , not random people in the lfr
    HTML Code:

Quote Originally Posted by Lairyfiquid View Post
    15% SP scaling for mind sear.. jesus.
    I have honestly no idea why they were nerf mind sear. That just doesn't make sense. The rest of it can be passed off as lowering overall damage, but...Mind Sear?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorend View Post
    @jonish

IMO all top spriests should conspire to stop queueing, or better yet - queue up and flood them with parses of terrible DPS. The more they nerf us the more top spriests start doing tests and suddenly we're comparing noobs to pros. Even still, at this point - I don't think we can make it look like more than it is.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    IMO all top spriests should conspire to stop queueing, or better yet - queue up and flood them with parses of terrible DPS. The more they nerf us the more top spriests start doing tests and suddenly we're comparing noobs to pros. Even still, at this point - I don't think we can make it look like more than it is.
    The problem is top spriests are rerolling in droves based on the mechanics , let alone the number tweaking
    HTML Code:

spriests are rerolling
    my warlock waiting 5.0.4 already >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Aleaa View Post
    my warlock waiting 5.0.4 already >_<
    I think I'll get one to 85 too in case they don't give me a good reason to stay shadow.
    Although I'm not really afraid of numbers. I honestly haven't seen blizzard screwing up numbers bad enough. They have done so with mechanics though :/
    Last edited by Celentes; 2012-08-15 at 06:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jonish View Post
    The problem is top spriests are rerolling in droves based on the mechanics , let alone the number tweaking
    Yup, every single "top" sp i´ve spoke with lately is hating the spec more or less and is at least considering rerolling or leveling new alts that will work better in mop let alone few that already made the decision to roll

Quote Originally Posted by Kyylol View Post
    Yup, every single "top" sp i´ve spoke with lately is hating the spec more or less and is at least considering rerolling or leveling new alts that will work better in mop let alone few that already made the decision to roll
    Well, that's what you basically get when you cut the complexity of the spec. People who enjoy the depth get disappointed.
    I don't even see them fixing anything with new mechanics really. They've even broken some of the current versatility.

I still think it's too early to decide a reroll for certain, but at this stage it's time to level alts just to make sure.

The big problem with a lot of priests right now is that, on live right now, the spec is really competitive. However, on beta the difference(dps wise) from a good and bad shadow priest isn't as large of a difference and isnt as noticeable. A lot of SPriests take pride in their ranks/logs and in MoP, we are losing this.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    The big problem with a lot of priests right now is that, on live right now, the spec is really competitive. However, on beta the difference(dps wise) from a good and bad shadow priest isn't as large of a difference and isnt as noticeable. A lot of SPriests take pride in their ranks/logs and in MoP, we are losing this.
    For some, this. I for one don't care how other priests are doing as long as I have my own game to play and fun to have. Where to apply my attention span now?

lol, take a day or two just going from forum to forum, you will see everyone complaining about get nerfed and the rotation feels easier... and about the mind sear, was pretty much needed since shadow priests were topping aoe situations just spamming 1 button

my suggestion would make a more complex but awarding rotation, or nerf the crap out of mind sear cause it's just 1 button ROFL TOP METERs

Deleted
    Funny that ppl seem to be rerolling for mop I think it's because of the change more then the numbers im rerolling from ret to Spriest and alot of rets complaining too and probs if you check other class forums alot ore rerolling too, but yeh when the class you have played along time changes alot dosent quite feel the same maybe thats why alot of upset players but for me the beta spriest is way way better then live in terms of game play but thats my personal opinion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    I have honestly no idea why they were nerf mind sear. That just doesn't make sense. The rest of it can be passed off as lowering overall damage, but...Mind Sear?
    It would be logical to nerf mind sear if those new lvl90 aoe abilites are strong enough. But are they?

Quote Originally Posted by dannypoos View Post
    Funny that ppl seem to be rerolling for mop I think it's because of the change more then the numbers im rerolling from ret to Spriest and alot of rets complaining too and probs if you check other class forums alot ore rerolling too, but yeh when the class you have played along time changes alot dosent quite feel the same maybe thats why alot of upset players but for me the beta spriest is way way better then live in terms of game play but thats my personal opinion
    As I said before, shadow doesn't feel bad if you haven't played cata as shadow. If you have mastered the spec, so you know everything and see everything, and even like it in addition to that, you'd find new shadow simply worse.
    Same can be applied to many classes, I think they're trying to remove some complexity they find redundant from the game. It's possibly an effort to make the game more playable without addons, idk.
    And only rogues are sitting idle and crying about how they haven't been changed.

Deleted
    talking about rogues they crushing ppl on beta ? only got to level 87 dont want to go past the first zone really trying to wait till release.
    got to 87 just to see if i can use void shift on my shadow fiend and you can soo yep looking forward to pvp :P random bg's ftw!