Page 1 of 2
LastLast

your plan launch night? (early access night)

I know I'm gonna have stocked energy drinks and pizzarolls. Coffee , probably will order chinese food for dinner. Must have ciggrates too.

Plan to play as many hours as I can as long as the servers are up. I want to explore and learn alot and not rush into leveling. I want to learn more about my profession. and Learn how to do some crafting.

what do you plan to do?

Deleted
    Everything. Simultaneously.

Then I'll get DVT, RSI and have a cerebral infarction and spend the next weeks in hospital.

Worth it.

Deleted
    haha well, firstly, for me the game launches 09.00 in the morning so I would probably wake up maybe an hr before launch just to see if the servers are live early, anyway, I would make coffee and then play like.. all day, probably all night too. Testing all this stuff I didn't have time doing in the BWE's (Crafting). And.. you know, enjoy the game ^^

I don't plan on gaining 10lbs and lung cancer the first week of GW2 like the OP, so I'm just going to stick to my normal routine..just replace "free time" with "GW2".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yoomi View Post
    haha well, firstly, for me the game launches 09.00 in the morning so I would probably wake up maybe an hr before launch just to see if the servers are live early, anyway, I would make coffee and then play like.. all day, probably all night too. Testing all this stuff I didn't have time doing in the BWE's (Crafting). And.. you know, enjoy the game ^^
    Bolded part. Now... Now I need to wake up at six... I'll be panicked about servers opening earlier.

I just want to enjoy the game, enjoy the guild and friends and play all day, go to bed and do it again on Sunday. =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the headstart release for me begins at midnight, and that's around 2-3 hours after I get back home from work. So I'll probably prepare a few PB & Nutella sandwiches, stay up until 4 or 5 in the morning. Wake up at around noon that Saturday and continue the fun

Deleted
    Create the characters when the servers open up at 9 in the morning. Log out. Help brother move for the remainder of the day. Be so tired when I come home that I'll go straight to bed. Start actually playing the next day.

10+ Year Old Account
    how do you people have so much free time to play games for so long? do you live off trust funds or something?
    ill probably be infracted for this post

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably be playing the MoP beta, crying to myself about not having the money to buy the game until a week or two later.

Quote Originally Posted by lastwolf82 View Post
    I know I'm gonna have stocked energy drinks and pizzarolls. Coffee , probably will order chinese food for dinner. Must have ciggrates too.

Plan to play as many hours as I can as long as the servers are up. I want to explore and learn alot and not rush into leveling. I want to learn more about my profession. and Learn how to do some crafting.

what do you plan to do?

you will probably eat all the snacks even bofore they can stabilize the servers...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    how do you people have so much free time to play games for so long? do you live off trust funds or something?
    Paid time off/sick leave saved up, skipping school for a couple of days, etc. It's usually just launches that get this sort of OMFG PLAY AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Packing my bag for a full week of vacation at the beach plenty of time to play when I get back :P
    Arukas

I will prolly sleep at night, since for me launch will be at 09:00 am. So after playing all day long Ill simply gonna to bed late at night, sleep 5-6h and go back to playing again ;P.
    During the day Im not sure, was thinking bout some junk food tbh :P.

Deleted
    College. Students get an arseload of time off, I've been off College since late June and I'm not back until September, so I've got a while to play yet.

Deleted
    Yes. I am a multi-bazillionaire, living in my palace of gold, with my twelve pink Labradors that shit gold and piss diamonds.

It's called games releasing on a weekend, dumbass.

Play nice AE

And ill likely play a ton and get lost, thats prolly what im looking forward to the most. I wana get lost in a world, and i cant do that in any other mmo out.

Deleted
    I'm playing on my own so probably just going to get an hour or two in, my OH didn't want to pay the extra for headstart so I've got 3 days to find stuff to do before he's in, mind you, I'll say that and then look at the clock and it'll be 6 hours later

No junk food, sugar, alcohol, that sort of stuff though, I'm pretty boring about what I eat/drink on release. Fruit juice for the win?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    College. Students get an arseload of time off, I've been off College since late June and I'm not back until September, so I've got a while to play yet.
    This. I'm doing some uni work during vacation but I've allocated time for GW2 headstart. Also, randomly asking that sort of thing is kinda rude...

Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    Yes. I am a multi-bazillionaire, living in my palace of gold, with my twelve pink Labradors that shit gold and piss diamonds.

It's called games releasing on a weekend, dumbass.
    AE, you should totally share one of those labradors.
    On a different note, I mean this in the best of way, and I had the same reaction you did, but chill.

Will make a big party for friends and foes @ 24aug. So I will try play some when servers go up. Think its 9.00am sweden :P else I will just slack in bed until I feel nice and then geek like its no tomorrow after that!

Long live the EU. Here it'll be around 9am when the game goes live. So the night before im gona go to bed on time, and wake up around 8 to get settled right after i got some solid sleep.

Post-launch i'll make sure i eat and drink properly. Saving the Energy Drinks for further down the line, they can have a very negative effect when you come crashing down from that sugar and caffeine high. Taking good care of your body will let you get much more out of those first two days then by ODing on sugar and whatnot.

But im not in a hurry, so im not gona pull all-nighters. Why should i? I'd rather be rested when i play, which is just a much more enjoyable experience imo then when you are completely knackered, fighting sleep and muscle cramp.