Best PvP and PvE pets for Ranger?

Hi, the only time I've had to play gw2 was during the recent stress test and I fell in love with the Ranger profession. My question is what pets will give the best advantages in pvp and what in pve?

10+ Year Old Account
    If I'm not mistaken, I'm fairly certain the cat-family pets give a power increase of some sorts with a short buff when used. It's excellent when lining up CDs to blow something/someone up (especially if you're going longbow, dat damage). I haven't tried anything else besides a cat and a spider.

Deleted
    It is really up to your playstyle what works best for you. You know, what kind of support you want from your pet.

Pets:

Deleted
    wait, a ranger can have a fucking shark as a pet?! gimmegimmegimme

Deleted
    I really enjoyed the spider, raven and the devourer. The Raven is evasive as hell so he won't really get hit except for AoE. The spider/devourers are ranged so they stay in the back and don't die to much.
    The Cat was focused way to often in tournaments (even while changing the 2nd pet died during CD to swap pet again). Good players will focus your pets, i.e. get someone you can position well or someone evasive imo.
    This is from sPvP-perspective

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PropayneLOL View Post
    Hi, the only time I've had to play gw2 was during the recent stress test and I fell in love with the Ranger profession. My question is what pets will give the best advantages in pvp and what in pve?
    for pvp this last stress test i used a flamingo (god dat daze!) and a raven (god dat blind!!) for everything, however i've also used pigs, cats, wolves, sharks, jellyfish, drakes, bears, etc etc etc. (pretty much everything but spider and devourer) and thought they were all really good in what ever area... just kinda depends on what you wanna do.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Closing this down as we already have a ranger discussion thread. Please keep discussion about the profession (including pets) there.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ger-Discussion