Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How to make a lot of gold when MoP first comes out?

What stuff should I buy that will sell for a lot more when the expansion releases?
    Also what are the best professions to level up first when it comes out? gathering or crafting? my main is JC/ench but i'm considering leveling an alt with double gathering professions first if it means making more gold, or should i level herb/alch because i heard that's gonna be a really good combo?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really depends on your server economy.

What stuff should I buy that will sell for a lot more when the expansion releases?
    Anything that's used in crafting professions, I guess the mid ranged stuff may be pretty profitable for people leveling profs on Monks or rerolled Panda's, but depending on server it may not be worth that risk due to over inflated prices on crafting mats in the lower levels at the current moment.

Also what are the best professions to level up first when it comes out? gathering or crafting?
    Gathering is usually a no brainer for this, can make a ton of gold the first few weeks from gathering alone. As for the Alch/Herb combo, that's always good in my own opinion.

Have enchanting. D/e everything that is not an upgrade. Cata release I spent the first 12 hours it was live spamming dungeons and d/e-ing everything. Ran with guildies and they let me need on everything they didn't need for an upgrade. Made about 50k in that Time
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

mats, mats, and more mats (all profs and all levels).
    some level 85 green weapons you might be able to AH for a sizable amount for people power leveling chars (or whatever level the first mop weapons are available).

Quote Originally Posted by Borab View Post
    Also what are the best professions to level up first when it comes out? gathering or crafting? my main is JC/ench but i'm considering leveling an alt with double gathering professions first if it means making more gold, or should i level herb/alch because i heard that's gonna be a really good combo?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    It's generally sever specific. However you need to remember that on any server other people will have had the same thought, if you all buy up stuff and try to dump immediately you are unlikely to get much out of it. Stockpiling is great if you have the patience to sit on your stockpile until everyone else dumps and you can charge whatever you want but that takes time (by which I mean months to a year+ potentially). If you're not starting with a lot of excess gold I wouldn't sink it all into a stockpile, it's far more likely you will be able to increase smaller amounts simply by flipping after release.

As far as professions goes again server economy and what you want to do are the big factors. If you don't want to spend hours flying around herbing that's not going to make you what you want for example. You can expect gathered mats to go through the roof at the start, enchanting mats included, then crafted items will make sustained profits long term, as more people and alts level and gathered mats are easier to come by, but in all honesty every pofession can make substantial gold if used well.

I think I know what will i do.

If I read right you would only be able to create one card/day from inscription and you will still need 8 cards for trinket. You will make random cards so you dont need 8 cards of one type. Atm i have 6 characters with inscription so I will be able to create trinket every other day or 5 trinkets/week. If thats is right i will be able to generate/sell each deck for 50K at the start, it its same as during cata when matsdid cost 50% or less of askin/selling price for trinket I would be making 100K/week....

Herbalism+Inscription

Herbalism to get herbs for flasks (Which will be expensive at launch) + pots, as well as for darkmoon cards (Which will be even more expensive)

Deleted
    Be prepared, which you can do now. Gather and max whatever professions you have speedily. DE and sell everything in excess plus gather. None of this happens by accident. Pyr effort in and respond to what people need.

---------- Post added 2012-08-08 at 10:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    I think I know what will i do.

If I read right you would only be able to create one card/day from inscription and you will still need 8 cards for trinket. You will make random cards so you dont need 8 cards of one type. Atm i have 6 characters with inscription so I will be able to create trinket every other day or 5 trinkets/week. If thats is right i will be able to generate/sell each deck for 50K at the start, it its same as during cata when matsdid cost 50% or less of askin/selling price for trinket I would be making 100K/week....
    Bice, but you may have a problem that the trinkets this year are not very good.

Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    Be prepared, which you can do now. Gather and max whatever professions you have speedily. DE and sell everything in excess plus gather. None of this happens by accident. Pyr effort in and respond to what people need.

---------- Post added 2012-08-08 at 10:17 AM ----------

Tanking one is awful, DPS ones are great, similar to Cata start tbh.

You could prepare 'levelling packs' for the Pandaren: get all the mats needed to level a profession from 1-525 and sell them in one big go.

Alternatively (and this can only be done once MoP is released), get JCing and Enchanting capped in the first couple of weeks and stock up on mats. Then, when LFR is opened, sell gems/enchants en masse. 4.3 all over again.

Farm ore/herbs/leather and sell them. Sell them all. People pay silly money in the first few days. Anyone seriously wanting Realm first level 600 Blacksmith/LW/etc with be throwing a huge amount of money into the AH.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    what blackmist said.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    I still think there is insane amount of gold to be made within 1st few months of the MoP. When Cata went live i made 3mill gold with inscription within 2 months only by inscription. Yes i played 8-10h/daybut still its insane amount of gold. PPl are going to need trinkets, some you would be able to sell for more profit some for less but i bet if it stays like now ( in beta ) each deck would probably net you 10-20K gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Tanking one is awful, DPS ones are great, similar to Cata start tbh.
    DPS ones are decent, but nothing spectacular, nothing like Cata start. The thing is the Cata ones were normal mode level trinkets, the Mists ones are of the lowest LFR level. Now that doesn't mean they are horrible, but you WILL most likely replace them before the end of the tier. They will most likely not last like the Cata ones did (unless horrible RNG etc. etc.).

BUT, I've been thinking it over and I think the fact DMF cards have such a good name will still mean people will be fooled in to shelling out big gold for it and that they will still sell like hot cakes the first few months. Eventually word will get out that the trinkets are actually pretty average and you shouldn't spend loads of gold on them and then the bubble will burst, most likely.

Deleted
    Agree there will be money to be made but word soon gets around which trinkets are goo and which not. In addition LFR is open to everyone and there is little reason to be top dps in lfr. I bought several trinkets last time for guildies, but am unlikely to bother this time round. Sometimes when blizz gets it wrong they change the stats though. I think Volcano was quickly downgraded. Hpw much gold will ofc depend on the server.

Does anyone happen to know if there will be valor BoE items to purchase at the beginning of MoP for raiders? I've found in cataclysm that investing my initial valor into those items and selling them while the prices are high instead of getting a head-start on the content is eventually beneficial for me in the future. Thanks to my firelands dungeon valor farming, I now no longer have to worry about the cost of getting equipment to alts. I hope to get an even larger share of gold this time around.

I would say first 3 week's crafting wont be any good. But then it will come off very strong, anything from BOE's to consumables. If you wanna make big cash early on, grind mats.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    DPS ones are decent, but nothing spectacular, nothing like Cata start. The thing is the Cata ones were normal mode level trinkets, the Mists ones are of the lowest LFR level. Now that doesn't mean they are horrible, but you WILL most likely replace them before the end of the tier. They will most likely not last like the Cata ones did (unless horrible RNG etc. etc.).

BUT, I've been thinking it over and I think the fact DMF cards have such a good name will still mean people will be fooled in to shelling out big gold for it and that they will still sell like hot cakes the first few months. Eventually word will get out that the trinkets are actually pretty average and you shouldn't spend loads of gold on them and then the bubble will burst, most likely.
    Ilevel isn't as good of an indicator in trinkets. Volcano is a good example, people didn't replace that until late heroic Firelands or DS (hell my lock is still using it because there's just not that much that's better and my drop/roll luck is god awful apparently), despite it being well under the ilevel of the tiers, similarly in TBC the T4 DST was bis for many for the entire xpac despite being massively under the ilevel of the Sunwell gear. The DPS ones are all primary stat with a primary stat proc, they're all curently bis for multiple specs throughout the currently released content afaik. Has that changed?
    Last edited by Windfury; 2012-08-09 at 12:41 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have 400+ leather pieces, of the monkey or of the bandit which I haven been buying on the AH when listed for very low amounts. AGI gear will be in demand for monk dps and tanks. I dont know how profitable it will be if everyone has heirlooms, but I paid so little for them, I ought to make a little something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    mats, mats, and more mats (all profs and all levels).
    some level 85 green weapons you might be able to AH for a sizable amount for people power leveling chars (or whatever level the first mop weapons are available).
    not so sure about this.

in MoP there are currently "adventurer vendors" in many of the smaller cities or questhubs who sell 384-399 greens for a very reasonable price.

---------- Post added 2012-08-10 at 12:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Farm ore/herbs/leather and sell them. Sell them all. People pay silly money in the first few days. Anyone seriously wanting Realm first level 600 Blacksmith/LW/etc with be throwing a huge amount of money into the AH.
    being a hunter for profession realm first myself I can say, this guy speaks the truth lol.

when cata started I spent like 20k on leather and other mats to get my leatherworker realm first and even then it took me over 24 hours to get it and I skinned more than 50% of the leather myself.

even after the realm firsts people pay top money for raw mats simply because everyone wants to finish their professions without too much effort. I got all my gold back by selling leather