... LastLast
    Deleted

New Champion: Rengar, The Pridestalker

***Updates:***

Spotlight is out:

Rengar has been revealed!:
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2475323

Rengars abilities:

Someone stumbled upon something, which supposedly he wasn't meant to stumble upon:

Above is a screenshot of the item list on the League of Legends website, and it included a new item which is hinting at a new champion.

Speculation suggests that it might be an item like Viktor's, and that this guy might be the datamined "Teek" from the PBE screenshots.

RIOT were very quick to remove the item from the website, so something does smell like a mistake, let's hope this does not mean a new employee getting fired!
    Last edited by mmoc8b7a14d456; 2012-08-21 at 07:46 AM.

Sounds like an orc-warrior... with a gap closer of course. Top bruiser perhaps?

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as his passife scales with kills good chance he will have a execution move like garen's to take killing blows.

Interesting stuff...
    Champion with optional item

Another OP champ? (I know, we are bored to death with "OP champ/new champs are OP" words). Those passives are strong, but we know nothing about this Ferocity, if it gives 5 and its max stack bonus, then 5 must be a huge part of max Ferocity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no, sounds like another Darius pubstomper

Btw, name sucks... Rengar ... Ranger? Swap E and A... 0 creativity I must say. They have lost all the creativty on Zyra and Diana

Oh come on, you could say that about every freaking champion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Oh come on, you could say that about every freaking champion.
    I dunno, there's some "creative" ones...

Fiddlesticks
    Heimerdinger
    Blitzcrank

But yeah...that's about it I guess.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Those educated predictions... All info you have is what's likely to be champion's passive, akin to Victor's, and "OMG new OP champion!" sprouts all over... Heeeelll yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Those educated predictions... All info you have is what's likely to be champion's passive, akin to Victor's, and "OMG new OP champion!" sprouts all over... Heeeelll yeah.
    Its because of the nature of new champions, most of them are OP 1vs1, so every "prediction" thread is like a jack in the box, once opened, we have jesters everywhere.

Creative names, there are a few. Malzahar, Kassadin, Fiddlesticks, Blitzcrank, Gangplank, Heimerdinger to name a few.
    Because we have a Diana, I hope that one day we will see Joe, Kate, Bruce, John or smth.

Kog'maw? Mordekaiser? Skarner?
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Am I the only one reading this and thinking "oh so they made Outback Renekton his own champion"? D:

The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Btw, name sucks... Rengar ... Ranger? Swap E and A... 0 creativity I must say. They have lost all the creativty on Zyra and Diana
    I honestly read Ranger instead of Rengar and thought "What a terrible name".

That items passive is really interesting, Hopefully we get more items down the line like this and others with on use.

Edit: Whats ferocity? :O

A champion with a default snowball item? That's going to be popular in any serious play.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    First if all it's not a default item, it has a cost. You can chose to skip it, and it makes sense since giving a champion that is balanced around snowball item would be stupid: you either dominate hard, or feed like there is no tomorrow.

And ferocity hinths that he is the promised beast-shapeshifter champion. So he is not a ranger, he is a beast. Wolf maybe?
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

I wonder if this is the champion Riot said they will be bringing to Games com, only time will tell!

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    I dunno, there's some "creative" ones...

Fiddlesticks
    Heimerdinger
    Blitzcrank

But yeah...that's about it I guess.
    Heimer's name is: "a combination of the names of J. Robert Oppenheimer, a physicist known for being the "father" of the atomic bomb, and Erwin Schrödinger, one of the fathers of quantum physics."

So its "unoriginal."

Fiddlesticks is based on that phrase "Oh fiddlesticks" Which means they couldn't think up anything "original" OBVIOUSLY. >.<

And Blitz...well he can pass. Its not based on any famous names or phrases. Just Blitz and Crank.

Deleted
    Shesh, would you feel better if the champions were named in random manner, "Azdafgaz" for example? Obviously the names will be based on some references.

There's nothing new under the sun. Calm down.

Champion sounds like a pubstomper, I agree. Probably won't see use in competitive play, but not every champ can.

Personally, I love animal champions, so I'm hoping for this to be like that-- as mentioned above, another shapeshifter? I can see it, with the leap and with "Ferocity," but having it collect trophies makes me doubt it'll be a full-time animal champion.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2012-08-09 at 01:01 AM.