[MoP] holy pvp anxiety

If I'm reading this right they really nerfed holy pvp hard. Holy Power gen is nerfed across the board. Instant cast heals are nerfed across the board. Mobility is nerfed...you get higher run speed OR speed burst, not both. What the heck? Is anyone else seeing this? Are they doing to hpal pvp what they did to resto druid pvp? Dude. NOT COOL.

Because of lack of HoTs if we ate one long CC in pvp...game over. We compensated for this as best we could with instant casts and mobility. We now get one special ability HoT but that dont hardly make up for it.

Whats going on? I'm anxious all over. I can't breathe. My arm went numb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by swineflu View Post
    lol I havent try pvp heal paladin but I think if you could have both run speed and speed burst it would be too much against melee class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sure it will be fine, like everything else, its just different and will need some adjustment time.

Mobility is nerfed...you get higher run speed OR speed burst, not both. What the heck?
    ?????? Are you taking pursuit of justice for holy pvp on live? Really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatinus View Post
    ?????? Are you taking pursuit of justice for holy pvp on live? Really?
    A bit of a warning: Rather than making it sound like you're talking down to someone because of their choices, why don't you say why you think their choice isn't optimal? You sound less like a jerk, and people get to learn things.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Yah really. Think of run speed as a damage mitigation stat. how much damage do you mitigate by having a tiny bit of extra run speed? The damage you avoid is a 100% reduction. Its very frustrating for dps to keep up with a speedy hpal. Also think of the extra healing you gain by getting there a tad sooner. Every bit counts.

But the passive Holy Power regen is also a great stat for Pursuit of Justice. Yes it shares 8 sec internal cooldown with Blessed Life, of which I also max out, but passive HP gen is where its at. Don't knock it until you've tried it. I'm telling you its great. And they nerfed that too!!

Run speed, passive HP gen, and instant heals were my personality as an hpal. I don't like the changes at all, no sir.
    Last edited by swineflu; 2012-08-10 at 08:22 PM.

It's difficult to exactly quantify the status of holy pvp right now (Made worse for me on the PTR, where shockadins are ripping through most classes like tissue paper), and your concerns are expressed in a vaccuum. Yeah, we lost Blessed Life, and FoL Infusions, but FoL was ostensibly allowing Holy to competitively heal in arena without casting any spells. Additionally, we've gained a lot more, such as:

Blinding Light
    Repentance (Or a 30-second CD stun)
    The ability to sprint in such a way that's decoupled from one of our baseline defensive cooldowns OR an almost-spammable minor sprint (Which can easily be coupled with Selfless Healer)
    The ability to either pump out two consecutive Hands of Protection/Sacrifice or have Divine Shield on a 2.5 minuet cooldown.
    Additional offensive abilities which are offered to us without having to compromise our healing utility.
    Avenging wrath is no longer dispellable, and we can talent it to lower the cooldown of our holy shock.
    New pvp set bonuses

--I could go on, but in short the matter is more complicated than a simple matter of reduced HP generation.

I think the real issues is his medical condition, arm going numb tingles all over, could be a stroke, or a suger low.

As to the rest of your post, Im actually looking forward to HPally healing, HoPo generation has not been nerfed infact its been buffed to ret 2pT12 is now.

cant wait

Quote Originally Posted by Letmebeshifty View Post
    I think the real issues is his medical condition, arm going numb tingles all over, could be a stroke, or a suger low.

As to the rest of your post, Im actually looking forward to HPally healing, HoPo generation has not been nerfed infact its been buffed to ret 2pT12 is now.

cant wait
    reduced HoPo gen:

Infusion of Light no longer grants instant Flash of Light (and fewer Flash of Lights for Beacon means less Holy Power)

Daybreak no longer grants a free Holy Shock (which also means less Holy Power)

Glyph of Blessed Life returns 1 Holy Power every 20 seconds (%50 chance on cc) vs Blessed Life/Pursuit of Justice which returned 1 Holy Power every 8 seconds (%100 chance on hit or cc).

Eternal Glory is gone (30% chance not to consume Holy Power for Word of Glory) replaced by Divine Purpose (20% chance not to consume Holy Power for any spell)

...BTW Last Word is gone (60% critical chance on Word of Glory on targets below 35% health)

Im seeing a ton of good things for hpallys in pvp, not really sure what your talking about.

- Sacred shield / eternal flame gives us a hot/shield for when we are cc'd which is something we needed badly.
    - Mobility talents are fine, we didnt take pursuit of justice on live so why would not having in mop matter.
    - WE HAVE CC! Last time I checked repentance is on a 15 sec cd, giving us rep, hoj, and blinding light as well an interrupt.
    - We have some seriously good cds for not only HP generation but burst healing. Hell we even have a preperation type talent for our hand spells.
    - Not sure exactley what is dispellable and what isnt but I know wings is know longer dispellable.
    - We can use CS for hp gen as well, so if you have melee range you can get tons of hp if you have the time.

Loss of instant flashes hurts, but we still have quick DL. We are also getting alot of little things like being able to store 5 hp at a time which means if you have a second to prepare for something you can come in with alot of instant healing. I know its RNG, but having 5 hp then hitting WOG and having DP proc and throwing out another WOG and HS then another WOG is crazy.

Not sure how mana is going to be but I think hpallys will be VERY strong mostly from all the cc they are giving us.