Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turvakapsu View Post
    Good god, can you please actually read? No one has asked to remove anything, only a way to skip it. Nothing goes away from you. Seriously. Nothing. And how does that login screen tip affect anything? I only level to play the high-level game. I understand your point with the login screen tip but I don't understand why you're pointing it out since you're basically saying get a life.
    Skipping leveling in RPGs to get to the good stuff is like skipping building up a good relationships with women in order to have sex with her. Do you understand me now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Skipping leveling in RPGs to get to the good stuff is like skipping building up a good relationships with women in order to have sex with her. Do you understand me now?

Have sex first and then decide to build a relationship? I wanna try the car before I´ll buy it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    They still haven't changed that shit? Good lord, guess its time to make another post about, such a stupid system
    Nope. It is especially treacherous for dungeon heroic quests: they offer blues depending on specs, unlike regular quest blues where you get all three spec items to choose from (pally PoV here, no idea about other classes).
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

It could be great indeed

Well this is sure to be fun...wait forgot my /sarcasm. They expect you to level through 90 and the last 5 levels are gonna be more torture than the already mind numbingly boring first 85 levels. Yeah...at this rate I might as well get into some torture kink.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FixDestruNow View Post
    Have sex first and then decide to build a relationship? I wanna try the car before I´ll buy it!
    Say that to a woman and show me your cheek after that. You dont get the best part without showing first you're able to deliver.

---------- Post added 2012-08-12 at 05:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zechs-cenarius View Post
    Well this is sure to be fun...wait forgot my /sarcasm. They expect you to level through 90 and the last 5 levels are gonna be more torture than the already mind numbingly boring first 85 levels. Yeah...at this rate I might as well get into some torture kink.
    Be aware that if the good stuff would be avaiable straight away than people would consume it quicker then Blizzard can produce it. Just like food takes longer to make it than eat it, just as much games are longer to make them than playing through them. WoW is also subscription based so they have to keep you playing for as long as possible.
    Last edited by mmocac96309fe0; 2012-08-12 at 05:51 PM.

I wouldn't have minded the xp change if the questing in MoP wasn't so dull. Blizz did a lackluster storytelling job, now they want you to experience that lackluster even longer....too bad because wow has some decent quest chains, just sadly most of them are in the revamped 1-60 content, bc, and wolk.

got lvl 25 druid and lvl 68 monk on beta server. Here are the values I have found:
    25-26: 23100 xp
    68-69: 648 000 xp
    69-70: 717 000 xp
    Last edited by cenkadin; 2012-08-12 at 08:34 PM.

Wow, I really want those Character Creation Preview sets for my characters. Does this mean they'll be updating some older sets? All of them but the Paladin set look like updated versions of older gear.

Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    Ok, "fresh and free of artificial sweeteners." Have you just started playing or something? Questing is basically Kill X and Gather Y. It's the same shit over and over. I also don't want to run dungeons 40 times, I just want to be max level so I can start raiding. The only challenge in this game to me is the Race to Server First and clearing heroic raids while undergeared. You seem to be confused that people didn't level outside dungeons in Cata (80 to 85). I sure leveled in zones, in fact I've done it 6 Goddamn times now. Cata zones are by far and away the worst zones I've had the displeasure of leveling through. The worst overall leveling was definitely Northrend though prenerfs. This is the kind of leveling we're going to go into with this XP increase. Northrend. It took me like 3 weeks to fucking hit 80. That shit isn't fun man. It's a chore and nothing more. You're the epitome of what a casual is and I don't have a problem with that, but I really don't like leveling. I simply want to get to the raiding and actually having to use more than .01% of my brain power to play this game.

I really wish they'd just offer a way to pay to be 90. They make so much money off of us hardcores as is, I'm kind of surprised they don't have that implemented already.
    That is actually a great idea and Blizzard would make great cash doing that at even $10 a pop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want those starter screen sets. They look amazing.

Sorry but RPGs are exactly what they are about, they are about a journey or series of journeys from bottom to top, from zero to hero, the measure of progress is in levels, gears and gained skills/spells along the way. Are we to push off what makes RPGs what they are because we developed a playerbase that has the nerve to demand core game mechanics changes? Where will it stop?
    Now, just for a minute try to stop thinking like an average brainwashed zombie and actually think logically: how is it bad for the game, for players, for developers, for anybody to have level ranges reduced?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SolTheDruid View Post
    Now, just for a minute try to stop thinking like an average brainwashed zombie and actually think logically: how is it bad for the game, for players, for developers, for anybody to have level ranges reduced?
    You will consume content faster and you are encouraged to spend less time in the zones that took an extreme amount of effort to create.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SolTheDruid View Post
    You will create a situation where consumption of content is way to fast thus making creating it totally unworth it. If you see tons of people crying out loud that they are bored with current content despite how easy accesible it is, can you even begin to imagine how faster it would be if we made it even more accesible?

It's bad for the game because it makes it shallow, the more shallow it gets the less interesting it gets. Yes there are people who are fed up with repetetive content but only because they do it so many times over!

It's bad for players because they are not presented with any challenge but reward shower. What's the point of creating non-tangible content where players care for shinies and shinies only. It has grown so out of proportion that we see a situation where people dont even know what they are fighting for or why. Dont believe me? Try to trully believe that majority of players read quest log or any game lore in any form.

It's bad for developers because they cant possibly create content at the same rate people consume it, much less faster than they consume it. That's simply physically impossible and even if it would be it would be inheriently unproffitable. Right now we are at a state where people finish newly updated content in a manner of weeks, month if lucky. There's no way in hell, purgatory and heaven Blizzard can produce content at that pace. NO ONE is capable of production content at that pace! There must be something that slows players down to make them consume that content in a much slower rate.

You will create a situation where consumption of content is way to fast thus making creating it totally unworth it. If you see tons of people crying out loud that they are bored with current content despite how easy accesible it is, can you even begin to imagine how faster it would be if we made it even more accesible?

It's bad for the game because it makes it shallow, the more shallow it gets the less interesting it gets. Yes there are people who are fed up with repetetive content but only because they do it so many times over!

It's bad for players because they are not presented with any challenge but reward shower. What's the point of creating non-tangible content where players care for shinies and shinies only. It has grown so out of proportion that we see a situation where people dont even know what they are fighting for or why. Dont believe me? Try to trully believe that majority of players read quest log or any game lore in any form.

It's bad for developers because they cant possibly create content at the same rate people consume it, much less faster than they consume it. That's simply physically impossible and even if it would be it would be inheriently unproffitable. Right now we are at a state where people finish newly updated content in a manner of weeks, month if lucky. There's no way in hell, purgatory and heaven Blizzard can produce content at that pace. NO ONE is capable of production content at that pace! There must be something that slows players down to make them consume that content in a much slower rate.
    It's not bad for developers if they can assign a cost to not running certain parts of content like therayeffect proposed. Leveling content has nothing to do with endgame, so why not keep it separate? The more choice the better and in this case it would make the publisher money and make a certain subset of the gaming populace happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
    The reason for the XP increase was that people were dinging 90 in Kun-Lai without even touching Townlong Steps or Dread Wastes. Blizzard wants players to explore the entire content of the expansion they sold to their customers.
    I leveled to 90 on the beta, did full Valley of the Four Winds, Kun-Lai Summit and Townlong Steps.. the only zone I didn't complete was Dread Waste when I dinged to 90.. so I really don't get how people could level to 90 in KLS.

Unless of course they did pvp and dungeons. But by questing, I was almost out of content. (Jade was offline, so I had the instant grant to 86)

I have no problem with leveling, but it seemed perfectly paced to be, took me about 30h to go from 86 to 90, same rate as Cataclysm. So unless they boost the quest xp, I think it's going to be a long boring grind.

And I heard a friend saying somebody who only quested ran out of quests to do up from 85 to 90.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2012-08-13 at 02:45 PM.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

We had to change that design though in order to allow account-wide mounts, which we suspected would be an even more popular feature. With account-wide mounts, every alt you ever made would have 310% flying for free had we not made that change. We want playing an alt to be about playing an alt, and not having that alt immediately as powerful as your main (though there certainly are a lot of shortcuts).
    Well they have "stretching out grinds as long as possible to keep people subscribing" down to an art form by now. *sigh*

Deleted
    I understand increasing the XP required to level through 85-90 but why 80-85? That's old content and leveling through the linear cataclysm zones again will want to gouge my eyeballs out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diamount View Post
    I understand increasing the XP required to level through 85-90 but why 80-85? That's old content and leveling through the linear cataclysm zones again will want to gouge my eyeballs out.
    I thought 80-85 exp was reduced?
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    I thought 80-85 exp was reduced?
    Just 83-85. Levels 81 & 82 remained unchanged. Still, it's a step in the right direction for making it easier to level through the Cataclysm content.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn