Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    First character I ever made was a night elf hunter on my cousins account back in Vanilla. I didn't know how to train new spells so i went around without a pet till level 20. Saw my cousin in Westfall so i spent an hour walking all the way there from the night elf starting area. Kept getting killed because i had no pet or any new abilities.

When i got my own account i made a dwarf pally on some random realm, got to level 20 and didn't know what talent points were. Got bored of leveling and decided to swim from westfall all the way to menethil harbor. Took almost 3 hours if not more. Saw my first boat so i road it. When i got off I ran around getting killed by murlocs till i saw 2 gnome mages aoe farming murlocs. I helped them and they invite me to a group and kept calling me "baby pally", and wouldn't answer any of my questions. Now i know that they were Chinese people probably paid to level characters. I looted all the mobs they killed and got about 4g and thought i was rich.

I ended up rolling on to Mal'ganis with my cousin and joined his guild. I got some random blue dagger and asked the guild how much I could sell it for. People kept telling me it was BoP and i had no idea what that meant.
    I remember buying all the white vendor armor cause i thought it was the best you could have till someone told me otherwise.
    Didnt know you could eat and drink at the same time.

I remember doing the quest for the Whirlwind axe with the help of my cousin and thinking it was the best axe in the game.

I got invited to an SM run as a tank, didnt know what a tank was. They said to just put a shield and one hander and just dps...it didnt go well

Rerolled a rogue and stuck with it. I played sub back when it was the crappiest thing in the world. I just loved shadowstep.
    I would farm BRD for large brilliant shards for gold. Someone kept undercutting me so i thought i would buy EVERY SINGLE large brilliant shard and resell it for tons of gold. Ended up with around 300 of them and spent all the gold i had. Tried to resell them, but i flooded the market and the prices dropped so much that i never made that gold back. Took me almost a month to sell them all again.

I farmed boars in westfall for leather thinking id make a ton of gold selling it. Thats were i met a low level pally and him telling me about other specs and how my gear was super bad. I was using some level 20 sword...cause i thought it looked awesome. Ended up becoming really good friends with that pally, and rerolled horde on shadowmoon and ive been there since. We are still friends and have been since we 1st met .

I remember getting my 1st flying mount and exploring outland for days on end

I played on dial-up and tried to run kara...never got past the loading screen and ended up getting kicked for not even being able to make it into the instance.

I was the worst holly paladin ever in BC. Got carried through kara,grulls. TK and hyjal. I remember getting t5 shoulders and thinking that it was the greatest thing ever.
    I thought having 1000sp was going to make me a great healer so i gemmed full spell power and enchanted it on everything i could. I ran heroic shadowlabs and couldn't heal past the 1st trash pack, so i never did a heroic dungeon again.
    Specd and geard to be a "shockadin" because i saw some pvp video of a holy pally kicking butt...didn't do to well in wsg or ab.

I refused to use the EJ forums because i hated there guild for always ganking me in SV.

I sucked at this game until wrath came, thats when i found out was mmo-champ was, started using the EJ forums, and the wow forums. I really miss exploring, and trying to find secret things in this game, being a noob was probably some of the most fun i had

Stacked stamina on my dps warrior (first character) because more health = more power. /facepalm

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't learn spells until level 18 or something on my rogue had the level 6 stuff

I was the WORST person to group with for a dungeon. I didn't know wtf a tank was so I'd always initiate fights.... as a mage. Then proceed to hop around using arcane explosion, making it impossible for the real tank to get aggro on anything. Then I'd fall over dead, laugh about how fun the dungeon is, and then get resurrected by the VERY patient group members. I'm shocked they didn't just leave the group. I guess it's because no one wanted to look for another group since it took so long back in Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped trying to level my lv15~16 rogue because I literally could not quest. I couldn't kill them before they killed me. This was around January 2009.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

10+ Year Old Account
    I had spellpower mail gear on my hunter, only because It had Critical Chance in it. My thought process was: "Critical Chance gives me more chances of doing a critical on my opening shots, which will instantly kill anything I attack". Little I did knew that that gear was itemized for Shamans.

Also, I never did Dungeons or Heroics because I thought they where intended to top gear high end players.
    All of this changed when I joined "Blacklisted" from Kirin Tor (US).

I also used to buy weapons and armor from the vendors, like, white quality gear on my paladin, just because it was an upgrade.
    | Mokenuf | Varianna | Devona | Katzine | Gokkash | Vëcna | Shaggra | Snookí | Vekuh | Segath | Zhìyù | Sierenna | Tyranikus |

10+ Year Old Account
    I died as a human paladin in the starting area, Elwynn Forest and Westfall.
    I have a propensity for rational and evolving thought... what am I doing on a forum?

attacked a flagged horde that was much higher level than me. I was like - wow that mob looks totally different from anything I have seen here. He must've been like wtf is this level 30 doing?

10+ Year Old Account
    I first played a warrior and thought I could get a pet cos I saw all these cool dudes running around with them. At the time I didn't know how to find out someones class. It took me until level 21 to find out that only hunters could have pets, after buying a cockroach from Undercity and asking people how to rename my pet and how to level it up so I could go kill stuff with it. Suffice to say, I was laughed at so much. After this I then rerolled a Blood Elf hunter which became my first character to level 80. Strangely enough, I never did anything nooby besides that.

I had a rogue who was a blacksmith/miner, and a paladin who was a skinner/leatherworker.

Swimming from Menethil to Westfall on the sea way to do the Aquatic Form quest on a nightelf druid.
    And the first time some guy asked me if I wanted to do raids when I was max level I seriously wanted to know why there are people organizing attacks on enemy faction villages on a PvE server. I took the word "raid" literally, without knowing about multi group dungeons.

Every time I leveled on my first toon, Troll Warrior, I would run to Darkshore and sit on top of their buildings because I thought I was awesome.

Also I leveled from 1-60 without using food to heal.

Deleted
    -pressing auto-attack multiple times not knowing it was auto-attack
    -As a druid, performing every role but the one spec I was talenting for
    -As a DK, putting every single talent into one tree because I used that talent so why would i spec into other things? :P
    -When I created my very first character(druid) I was asking everyone how I could get a pet which would fight for me, not realizing that you had to be a hunter for that
    -Hogger
    -Attacking skull alliance players thinking that it was a skull because they werent on my faction and getting anhialated
    -standing in the fire
    -The classic "wheres Mankrik's wife?"
    -Thinking that 1g made me rich!
    The list goes on.
    Off topic, one of the things which made me feel un-nooby when I leveled up one of my ally characters was when I took a gryphon from Stormwind to Ironforge(which is nooby in itself) and seeing that the mobs in searing gorge and burning steps weren't skull level any more. I was like... O_O I'M PRO NOW!!
    Last edited by mmocbc352fee96; 2012-08-12 at 04:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    The first week i was playing i didn't know you could sell stuff to vendors. i thought you had to match the item you were trying to sell to what the vendor had. Someone eventually told me you just had to right click things to sell them...

Deleted
    1st char was a dwarf rogue. not a clue why, well maybe my irl friend played a dwarf, im not sure. leveled to 10 ok, not sure on this whole combo points thing.
    anyway we were all on vent one evening and my mate kept saying "can you make ... for me?" folloed by the other saying "Sure, have you got the mats?"
    my mind was going, why the hell would he trade a mat for an item, i mean like quiet litterally i door mat :/ can safely say i felt like a complete idiot after they explained to me.

later that week i got fed up with the rogue and saw a druid running about and though, yeh cool forms and stuff. went to bed then proceeded to make a priest because i forgot the class i wanted and that seemed right.

i miss my noobish vanilla days

Cliff jumps! Just to know if you can die from falling.

My first roll was a warrior and i only cared about looking cool so i would buy the all white sets from vendors forsaking any stats lawl. I was so bad i rerolled a mage and started paying attention to stats. Once i hit 30 something on my mage i rolled to a new warrior because i felt i gave my last low level warrior a bad name haha.

Rolled a Night Elf, and saw the Owl Vendor in Darnassus that sold for 50s. I farmed herbs for like 3 days, vendoring them to buy the owl. I was so pissed off when it wouldn't attack anything...

Deleted
    Funny.

I bet you call people "fucking noobs" when you are in a dungeon and a player cant do a particular thing correctly.

But when you look back when you were new, it's all "funny".

I never wanted to attack the yellow named creatures, in fear that i would lose rep with them and that they would all turn on me after killing them.. My friend wasn't very good at explaining how things worked when I started...