Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Someone needs to explain the Leeds hate so I can hate them too... ;D
    Leeds have a (deserved) reputation as a dirty club on the pitch, this goes back at least thirty years. Off the pitch Leeds had one of the most notorious hooligan groups of the 70s and 80s. While hooliganism was rampant throughout British football, Leeds were consistently ranked as one of the worst clubs in the country. This has continued to the present day, where Leeds fans have been involved in notorious confrontations with fans of other clubs, particularly Cardiff and Millwall. Leeds fans would travel to the stadiums of other local teams when they happened to be playing Millwall in order to cause violence. A Leeds fan was involved in an incident last October where he ran on to the field and punched an opposition goalkeeper much to the joy of his fellow supporters, who would try to conceal him from police.

According to a report published in 2011 Leeds have the second most number of banning orders of any club in the country.

15+ Year Old Account
    lol typical Welbeck ball fumble ;D

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 10:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Leeds have a (deserved) reputation as a dirty club on the pitch, this goes back at least thirty years. Off the pitch Leeds had one of the most notorious hooligan groups of the 70s and 80s. While hooliganism was rampant throughout British football, Leeds were consistently ranked as one of the worst clubs in the country. This has continued to the present day, where Leeds fans have been involved in notorious confrontations with fans of other clubs, particularly Cardiff and Millwall. Leeds fans would travel to the stadiums of other local teams when they happened to be playing Millwall in order to cause violence. A Leeds fan was involved in an incident last October where he ran on to the field and punched an opposition goalkeeper much to the joy of his fellow supporters, who would try to conceal him from police.

According to a report published in 2011 Leeds have the second most number of banning orders of any club in the country.
    Alright, thanks for the explanation. I remember that punching incident.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nani maybe Man of the Match and Chicha shot from outside the box O.o

10+ Year Old Account
    Disclaimer: The following post is not a whitewash of every LFC fan, there are some great Leeds fans out there, but unfortunately they're let down by a large group.

Right, a couple of people have brought up their fan conduct, I've seen first hand on several times how they will trash a town, even despite the ground being outside of the town at a complex that's half an hour's drive away. Some places will actually close down if Leeds are playing away there, and put the guard covers down over the windows. I've family who have been to away matches at Galataseray and prefer going there than to Elland Road because of the violent and atmosphere inside and outside the ground.

The club is tarred with poor history over the last 20 years, through poor financial management as Koodle brought up, to incidents with players like Bowyer and Woodgate, their period under the ownership of Ken Bates (who for those who aren't fully up to scratch on the politics of English Football, there is no more corrupt man in the game. His lack of ethics makes Mike Ashley look like a saint) and then to sign untouchables like Diouf despite his notorious behaviour issues shows a lack of self respect throughout elements of the club.

But the personal loathing comes from years of Leeds chants related to the Munich Air Disaster, yes every club has a handful of idiots, but no club has ever been so vitriolic and hateful over the tragedy the way Leeds were. Then in 1998 the Leeds FC team were getting set to fly home from a match with West Ham when on takeoff an engine exploded. Takeoff was aborted but the plane had already cleared the runway, it was the amazing skills of the Pilot that averted a disaster that could easily have ended with fatalities. This close brush with death was a hope that Leeds fans would stop singing about Munich, that they'd realise how it could affect anyone and it nearly destroyed another great team.

The next week, the chants were as loud as ever, mixed with songs about how their team was better for surviving.

So yeah, any time Leeds get the crap kicked out of them, I smile.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Do bear in mind that the signing of Diouf does not immediately make a club a shower of bastards - while he was only at Ibrox a short amount of time it would be fair to say he wasn't here long enough to be of any trouble any more than him & Scott "I'm a fuckwit" Brown having a few moments together in Old Firm games - but when it comes to Leeds I think that boat sailed plenty of years ago! I don't really pay much attention to them to be fair (they've been no concern of mine since 1992 - even then, we stuffed them out of that particular dance) but I know they have a scumbag reputation and that comes from a fan who knows all about clubs with supporters the likes of which rival what you scrape off your shoes.

Oh and Mike Ashley is nothing but a good for nothing ratbag who frankly I wouldn't piss on if he was on fire, that man is the lowest of the low & it's a constant worry to me that he's a shareholder at Ibrox - or as Ashley no doubt wants to call it Sports Direct Stadium @ Ibrox.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh don't get me wrong, signing a player doesn't instantly criticise a club, but they've a history of bringing in some of the absolute dregs. Dennis Wise as a manager anyone?

Anyway like I said, there are good Leeds fans out there and I feel for them, their club is tarnished by bad reputation from various angles.

Edit: Ashley is low, but Ken Bates makes him look normal.

Deleted
    Wenger completely lost it in his pre-match press conference, I think the pressure of 8 trophy-less seasons is finally getting to him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21505488

Best thing to come outta FIFA for a long time.

If they had that technology 50 years ago, England wouldn't be so unbearable every time there was a major championship......
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21505488

Best thing to come outta FIFA for a long time.
    Yes! Thank god. First saying it´s bad to have a hawkeye kinda thing and then seeing goals scored but not admitted and the other way around...

Bayern up 2-0 in London over Arsenal, 30 minutes into the game. It looks like a varsity vs JV game out there. Arsenal don't even have a shot on goal yet.

Arsenal really doesn't have a chance in hell by the looks of it, bayern are out classing them in every way(bar dirty tackles lol).
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Arsenal might actually get out of this jam but they are at home though.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really sure how to say anything about this, don't think sagna should have had that yellow first time I watched it but the game in general, your up against probably the best team in europe whos in great form aswell while arsenal is kinda down the drain when it comes to form, I'm just happy cause its not a complete stomp in second half.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'll be blunt, I don't see Arsenal getting 3 in Munich. Wenger has gambled and lost this season, what happened to this man's drive to succeed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Arsenal had no chance after they took off Podolski. Doesn't help that the ref is very card happy but yea I don't see Arsenal getting 3 away and Bayern not scoring at home.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there anyone more infuriating in the world of football commentary than Alan Green?

Seriously, why the Beeb keeps him employed is beyond me.

gulf in talent between the two teams is just too much for Arsenal.

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 02:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Is there anyone more infuriating in the world of football commentary than Alan Green?

Seriously, why the Beeb keeps him employed is beyond me.
    can't be any worse than Warren Barton

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    sadly we got bayern rather then winning our group and getting galatasaray >_>, I think bayern was probably the worst team we could have gotten out of all of them, even worse then barcelona since the team somehow seems to have a hidden drive against them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    All of the FSC commentary/pundits make me cringe