10+ Year Old Account
    I dont have much else to add, its quite nice to see Barca looking clueless, and not just once but twice, the wheels re starting to fall off, be interesting to see how the spanish sides bounce back. Just like English teams, theyve been made to look average, going to be a great final but Im really look forward to the responses from the big teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    Hah, MARCA is claiming Pique was Barcelona's best player. Musta watched a different game.
    He was the only one that could find the net out of all of them.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do English people insist on calling Barca's stadium the Nou Camp? It annoys me so much. It's Camp Nou. Aaaaaargh. The problems a football fan suffers.
    Ohio State Buckeye

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do English people insist on calling Barca's stadium the Nou Camp? It annoys me so much. It's Camp Nou. Aaaaaargh. The problems a football fan suffers.
    Maybe because of the word camp in it.
    They read it as the English word camp and put it at end, which would be the correct grammar for English - New Field.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

The way English works is that we will almost always try to have the right way of wording something, field new is nonsensical in English where new field makes perfect sense, to those of us who speak English, many foreign languages seem ass backwards!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Right but then use English words to name the field that way then. If you use the Catalan name for it, say it like it is supposed to.

Anyway, I'm not really bothered by it.

10+ Year Old Account
    But it's Catalan. Why use English grammar when it's not even English? Wrong pronunciations really bother me. Like Bernabow or something like that.

Anyway, MARCA is, as we all expected, destroying Mourinho. Everything he did is now awful. He didn't do what he was supposed to do, and now they want his head. I'm still saying Klopp should go to Madrid, but it'll probably be Ancelotti. Potentional transfers, according to MARCA, are Gündogan (BvB), Marco Veratti (PSG), Gareth Bale and some lad from Sevilla I don't recognize.
    Ohio State Buckeye

I just heard that Messi was not injured but feared he might have picked up an injury if he played.

I respect his decision, but it feels as if Barca didn't believe they could achieve "mission impossible" even with Messi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uefa cup time.

Go Benfica!!

Deleted
    But it's Catalan. Why use English grammar when it's not even English? Wrong pronunciations really bother me. Like Bernabow or something like that.

Anyway, MARCA is, as we all expected, destroying Mourinho. Everything he did is now awful. He didn't do what he was supposed to do, and now they want his head. I'm still saying Klopp should go to Madrid, but it'll probably be Ancelotti. Potentional transfers, according to MARCA, are Gündogan (BvB), Marco Veratti (PSG), Gareth Bale and some lad from Sevilla I don't recognize.
    Of course MARCA get on his back, Spanish media loves to jump on any and every possible detail to claw at someone of Mourinho's standard. He'll be gone by the end of the season, not sure where he will go, not sure who will replace him, but he will definitely be gone, the Copa del Rey final is the only way to restore a bit of his pride back after this season, even after a close CL semi-final.

If Mourinho does leave what will his Madrid legacy be? He was really brought there for one reason and he hasn't achieved that yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    He has failed at Madrid. He won the league, he beat Barca, but he was brought in to win la decima. He hasn't. Not only that, but Madrid has always played attractive football. With Mou they haven't. He has the best players in the world, a squad worth at least €500 million, and he can't win it.
    Ohio State Buckeye

10+ Year Old Account
    Chelsea benfica final, didnt see that one coming :P Chelsea to win a 2nd euro trophy in a row I think.

Didn't I say a while ago that Benfica would win it? I stick by that prediction (now watch Fenerbahce score and go through)

10+ Year Old Account
    Benfica's gonna take this. They're playing some amazing football. Gonna be a great clash either way!
    Ohio State Buckeye

10+ Year Old Account
    Beeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnfiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

He has failed at Madrid. He won the league, he beat Barca, but he was brought in to win la decima. He hasn't. Not only that, but Madrid has always played attractive football. With Mou they haven't. He has the best players in the world, a squad worth at least €500 million, and he can't win it.
    Sport isn't that easy. It's not that predictable, and it's not that easy to accomplish anything with money alone. Take a look at the English league and ask City or even Chelsea how "easy" it is to buy success. No, Chelsea isn't a bad team, but compare the amount of time and money spent there with the results achieved. They're falling behind in England, not really an aspiring team. And them winning the CL last season had been more of a lucky shot than the greek winning Euro 2004 (it had been 04 if my mind serves me right).

Real isn't a bad team either. He managed to win the league versus barca at it's peak, but this season it looked like he just wanted to bring his contract to an end. He had to fight so many fights in Madrid, since the time he arrived there. People expected him to be the saviour, media did the same. But no human being is. He is good, but not god. And still, the massmedia tried to influence his work all the time, the fanbase hadn't been too friendly and I'm pretty sure that a lot of the background people in Madrid tried to influence him and the team.

But to me, the ultimate mistake had been to buy Mourinho and expect him to transform Real into a successful team which plays beautiful football. Sorry guys, but did they even watch football over the past years? Neither Chelsea, nor Inter had been known for their beautiful playstyle under his reign. He had retained some of the traditional fine plays they fancy in Porto, but he shed that stuff completely during his time in Chelsea.
    It isn't Mourinhos fault that things didn't work out - it's Reals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sport may not be that easy, but look at the players Real has. Casillas, Ramos, Varane, Alonso, Ozil, Di Maria, Ronaldo, Benzema, Higuain, Kaka. Real's bench is so good it could be champion in every country. You can rotate the squad and still have world players of the year in it. This squad should win a UCL, guaranteed. Mou failed at Madrid.

Perez wanted quick succes, he got it with Mourinho. But one of Perez' biggest policies, at least during his first term, was that Real should always play beautiful football. Why do you think Capello was fired? Because he played too defensive. Under Mou it's been even worse. Even against teams like Betis or Valladolid there's defense and counters. This team could be playing some incredible football, and we get this. It disgusts me. I guess that's the only thing you can blame RM for.
    Ohio State Buckeye

15+ Year Old Account
    Would be good for English football I guess if Chelsea were to win the Europa League, then we'd have at least an English club winning something in Europe. Also good for Chelsea as they can't win the title and are out of the FA Cup too. I can see Benefica on a good day beating Chelsea though, I guess we'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the Spanish speaking lads under us: Ancelotti's Madrid
    I have a rough translation but I will only post it if anyone wants it, it's pretty long and my Spanish isn't the best.
    Ohio State Buckeye