Very enjoyable and relaxing game for Madrid fans I'm sure.

Deleted
    Disappointed with the draw. Don't know why Benitez brought Benayoun on. Useless footballer.

I was really surprised at subbing Hazard off, I thought he was giving Spurs all kinds of problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Real Madrid 6-2 Malaga. Extremely enjoyable, some beautiful goals from both sides. Ozil might be out for the CDR final with what seems to be an ankle injury. More news to follow.
    Ohio State Buckeye

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I was really surprised at subbing Hazard off, I thought he was giving Spurs all kinds of problems.
    It might be a silly comparison but I often see him a bit as a Belgian Messi, he's so quick with his feet... an amazing footballer and I'm surprised and pleased to say it seems like he's matured since he joined Chelsea. Chelsea did a bloody good purchase getting him. While I'd of course liked to see him at United, I think Chelsea is a team that fits him better.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it seems the big announcement is today http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/22459535 and its going to be moyes, I sure hope he brings baines and felaini over.

SPORT (spain magazine?) says that barca want to buy neymar (45$m) tiago silva (45$ m) and isco/ gundogan (25$m) and stupid valdes want to stay now for another year -_-
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Valdes is fine there. Better him than Reina (who the rumors are saying Barca will get as a replacement).

Neymar...not needed at all. The other two players would be good additions though.

I can't believe I'm about to say this, especially concerning the player it's about, but $45m for Neymar isn't exactly a massive fee, translates to under £29m/€35m, considering how highly he's rated that's not bad. As for not needed, well you could argue that, but I would equally tell you that there is no club anywhere in the world which has no place for highly talented 21 year old players and well, it wouldn't exactly harm Barcelona, while they have a good number of "youngish" (sub 25) strikers, they'll likely be looking at David Villa at 31 with a view to 2-3 years down the way.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Barca should really not be allowed to buy players for those amounts until their yearly profits are higher than they are now (which are close to zero).

10+ Year Old Account
    CL news for the final........ Borussia Dortmund's Fans are completely hyped.
    The club received 502.567 ticket requests from his fans, for the final.

German source:
    http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/c...r-wembley.html
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

BBC was reporting that the other day (500k requests for tickets), given the ease of traveling to London it doesn't surprise me in the least.

Reports that Rooney is doing the whole "I want to leave" schtick again, I know the United fans will possibly get miffed here, but he's playing the club for fools and this is the second time, you allowed him to fuck you before with that crap, now is the time to shift him on YOUR terms, but he'd be down with the youth squad training so fast his feet would barely touch the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rooney needs to just go, never forgive him for 2010. If he wants out get rid, hes contributed nothing this season really, replace him with fellaini.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see why Rooney might want to leave, uncertainty with Moyes coming in (the guy who sold him from Everton in the first place) and his mentor retiring. But Rooney can't command much from United with the season he's had. If he goes it'll be on United's terms.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, Everton has released a statement confirming David Moyes is leaving for United. Well, who would've thought except everyone.
    On Ronaldo, yesterday after he scored his 200th goal, he shouted 'Yo aqui, yo aqui' which would roughly translate to 'I here, I here'. Apparently, this means his future lies in the capital of Spain and not in England.

Please let it be true.
    Ohio State Buckeye

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I resigned to it being moyes.
    In the same week Ferguson said he wasn't leaving you put way too much credence in what people say. Football and footballers are fickle. On a side note I have my play off final ticket yay.

Rooney is the epitome of the "modern generation" of footballers though, when he's on form he's a hell of a player, but the problem is he knows it and thinks the world owes him something, he's childish & immature which leads to the problem that his mouth is significantly bigger than his brain. That in itself is not a modern phenomenon but the modern part is that he genuinely thinks he is worth all the column inches & as a result thinks he's worth the wage slip and believes in brand Rooney, that all kicked off with Beckham (foundations with the Spice Boys at Liverpool) but unlike Becks he doesn't have the ability to back it up on command. Beckham even at whatever age he is now can still kill you with a ball at a moments notice & has done so repeatedly throughout his career when the spotlight is on him, Rooney on the other hand while he's capable doesn't have that ability at the drop of a hat.

I don't think Moyes has anything to do with it, I don't believe Rooney sees him as a problem, ultimately yeah he sold him to United, but it wasn't because he wanted shot, it was because the right offer came in and at the time Rooney wanted to go - Everton aren't a club which can compete on that scale so really it was a business rather than footballing decision for them.

15+ Year Old Account
    I say let Rooney go, if he wants to pull this stunt again, he's had a pretty poor season. Get Falcao in to replace him ;D

Also I don't believe a word that Ronaldo is considering coming back to United. Why would he?

10+ Year Old Account
    Moyes confirmed. Not the man I wanted but it's the man we've got.

Time to back the new boss.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    I say let Rooney go, if he wants to pull this stunt again, he's had a pretty poor season. Get Falcao in to replace him ;D

Also I don't believe a word that Ronaldo is considering coming back to United. Why would he?
    I reckon Rooney will stay for a bit to see if Moyes can re-vitalise him. If not, then yeah, he'll be off.

Can also see Moyes bringing in Baines and Fellaini.