Deleted
    Iv been away so haven't seen this thread much lately but as the ''Being Liverpool'' documentary been discussed yet? It starts next Friday and even as a Man United fan im looking forward to it. It's an all access documentary from the past 6-7 months done by Fox Sports who have access and are showing everything behind the scenes from Kenny's sacking to the hiring and tactical discussions of Brendan Rogers.

Apparently they do it usually for NFL teams and it's a really good watch, im looking forward to seeing behind the scenes footage it should be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    6-1 final score. Should have been 0, but Szczesny had a horrible day between the posts, lucky we didn't concede 1 or 2 more goals. Giroud still hasn't scored and i'm hopping that he can do that against his former club. All in all a nice start for the Guners.
    Actually if you'd conceded another, you should have gone on to score two more and get rid of the monkey on your back.

At half time I expected Arsenal to go and smash the score record for a PL game.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    thankfully united didn't score from the diving welbeck :P

I do really dislike the new laws though, I can only watch one of the saturday games and they choose chelsea - qpr this time around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

Deleted
    United up to 2nd wooot

not the best of performances but we got the job done, Buttner had a great day and scored a great goal, Giggs & Scholes still showing the younger players that they are top dogs

and a word for MR Berbatov, scored two goals today for fulham, well done Berba

have these two gems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc-uh7evXJg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4T3g4gGqHQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Kagawa, van Persie, Powell, Büttner; all scored their first United league goal on their Old Trafford home debut. Pretty nice stat if you ask me. Now it is just Angelo Henriquez turn to make it 5 out of 5

Deleted
    Good old Loserpool

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Actually if you'd conceded another, you should have gone on to score two more and get rid of the monkey on your back.

At half time I expected Arsenal to go and smash the score record for a PL game.
    Heh that monkey was gone when a certain team lost 6-1 at home to a certain town rival. As for the scoreline, i think that's the difference between Arsnal and Man U, United would have kept the pressure on despite being 4-0(1) up.

I agree with your previous post about Wenger, i have to admit i was highly critical of him last year (even thou he deserved it), but this year i've been full of support for the way he managed the club and especially the transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    I do really dislike the new laws though, I can only watch one of the saturday games and they choose chelsea - qpr this time around.
    Hm i feel sorry for you, here we get to watch 4 PL games a day.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    atleast I get to watch some football :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I got lucky and they showed Man United - Wigan here on one of the Belgian Sports Channels (instead of Chelsea, Man city or Arsenal). I too was a little worried at half time with the score being 0-0, but they came out in the 2nd half and did the job. About the Welbeck penalty, I think Wigan goalie did catch him but Welbeck could have stayed on his feet quite easily, it was rather lame... Part of me felt it was justified the goalie saved it, even though it was a really poorly taken penalty.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    well, I didn't really mind having to watch the game later, I really enjoyed it Gervinho did some really good job as the central attacker and Ramsey was looking really nice as a sub, worst in arsenal was szczesny which was sad to see but guess he's just not fully fit yet, gibbs was looking really good aswell.

a good part about the game not being on the one game they show is that I get the english commentators I usually prefer those to the swedish ones, its the normal some of them just aren't any good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the Champions league is starting this Tuesday i made a MMO-Champ fantasy league on www.uefa.com . The code of the league is 676031-438621.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Gotta say, McCarthy either had a really bad day or is a rather poor keeper... Alright the first 2 Spurs goals were probably near impossible to save, but the third goal he just stood there, put his hand out a little and let the ball fly past into the net. All he needed to do was lift his hand up properly and he'd have stopped it... but I'm no professional goalkeeper so I guess I can't criticize. All in all nicely played by Tottenham, I personally don't see Reading staying in the PL the way they've played so far, but we're early days. Of the 3 teams that came into the PL this season, Reading have been the worst so far imo, even though they won the championship.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-09-16 at 05:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Gotta say, McCarthy either had a really bad day or is a rather poor keeper... Alright the first 2 Spurs goals were probably near impossible to save, but the third goal he just stood there, put his hand out a little and let the ball fly past into the net. All he needed to do was lift his hand up properly and he'd have stopped it... but I'm no professional goalkeeper so I guess I can't criticize. All in all nicely played by Tottenham, I personally don't see Reading staying in the PL the way they've played so far, but we're early days. Of the 3 teams that came into the PL this season, Reading have been the worst so far imo, even though they won the championship.
    McCarthy looked poor, you forgot to mention the mistake he made when he gave Defoe the ball inside the box. As for whether they are the worst team, i don't think so, Southampton has the worst record, point wise and GD wise, but if you see that they played Utd, City and Arsenal in 3 of their 4 games its understandable.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Iv been away so haven't seen this thread much lately but as the ''Being Liverpool'' documentary been discussed yet? It starts next Friday and even as a Man United fan im looking forward to it. It's an all access documentary from the past 6-7 months done by Fox Sports who have access and are showing everything behind the scenes from Kenny's sacking to the hiring and tactical discussions of Brendan Rogers.

Apparently they do it usually for NFL teams and it's a really good watch, im looking forward to seeing behind the scenes footage it should be good.

Just watched the first one of these it was a bit Sterile but looking at highlights to come it might liven up a bit. Not too much "fly on the wall" stuff mainly interviews for now and despite my loathing of reality TV I think this is a must see for Football fans. I thought this was going to include last season but started after Dalglish left which is a shame.

Like I say if youre a football fan give it a look!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    McCarthy looked poor, you forgot to mention the mistake he made when he gave Defoe the ball inside the box. As for whether they are the worst team, i don't think so, Southampton has the worst record, point wise and GD wise, but if you see that they played Utd, City and Arsenal in 3 of their 4 games its understandable.
    Yeah, I'd forgotten about that mistake, what a blunder that was... And as you say, even though Southampton has the worst record, they have also had the toughest opponents to play against of the 3 teams coming into the PL so far. They certainly gave United a good run for their money. Reading seemed semi decent against Chelsea in the first half of that game but then just completely lost it in the second half, especially when Chelsea made it 4-2 because Federici had come up for the Reading corner, and then left a nice open goal when Chelsea countered off it. I have no clue why he'd do that in a premier league game in the first month of the season...

So for me so far, my opinion is Reading have performed the worst of all 3 teams, boggles me how they won the Championship the way they've played so far.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-09-17 at 01:41 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    think I might have overrated newcastle :P but everton makes another good case for goalline tech now atleast, can't really blame the ref for those decisions in my mind, they just need better help.

also spanish league already over? :P thank god I don't prefer that league it gets kinda boring to watch real/barca, atletico de madrid knows whats up, almost losing a 4-0 in the 80th min :P

15+ Year Old Account
    pfff, Real Madrid - Man City tonight and what do they show here? Freaking AC Milan - Anderlecht (on one of the normal flemish channels, the premium sport channels aren't even covering the Champions League, only the Europa League). Me a sad panda I understand them showing the Belgian teams playing, but we all know they don't stand a chance in the Champions League anyway, show us the high profile matches damnit!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    pfff, Real Madrid - Man City tonight and what do they show here? Freaking AC Milan - Anderlecht (on one of the normal flemish channels, the premium sport channels aren't even covering the Champions League, only the Europa League). Me a sad panda I understand them showing the Belgian teams playing, but we all know they don't stand a chance in the Champions League anyway, show us the high profile matches damnit!
    Dayumn i will not say crap about my country again . We get to see all matches here, T-Home has set up like 8 different channels for the CL.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Rangers v Queen of the South tonight and it's on TV - win I hear you say, no it's on BBC Gobbledegook (BBC Alba) so the commentary is in GAELIC, it's like watching a 1950's Godzilla movie in Japanese except without the screaming & destruction, it's soul destroying!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you have time watch Isco's goals against Zenit, that kid can play.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!