Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

I think I have a secret admirer at work

So I've been working this new office job for 3 weeks. For the past 2 weeks I've been getting surprise gifts on my desk when I go on break. I come back and there's a cupcake or piece of candy. Several of the women in the office have this knowing smile when they look at me. A few of them ask me "what did you do this weekend?" which may be a way of digging for information about my interests for my secret admirer. I point blank ask them who is leaving these gifts and they smile and turn away.

I don't know who it is! It COULD be my supervisor. She's really hot and there's a good vibe between us. We're both intelligent and good-looking. Under normal circumstances, I'd straight up ask the girl out and see what happens, but in this case it would also mean quitting my job. And it might not be her.

So, that's it. There is nothing I can do about it. I have on several occasions gotten love notes from girls at work, college, high school out of the blue and I had no idea. Maybe this secret admirer will do the same someday.

Clearly a stalker. Get your mace and shotgun ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Clearly a stalker. Get your mace and shotgun ready.
    or better yet... your mace shotgun... mine shoots out 3 different types of mace
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    or better yet... your mace shotgun... mine shoots out 3 different types of mace
    My mace can fires 3 types of shotgun. I WIN!

If they do it all the time walk out the room and wait a few seconds and look back. That, or leave your phone recording setup to see your desk (like, leaning behind the monitor or something). Then watch the video.

I smell fresh meat in the office.

Deleted
    Do yourself a favour and do not get involved with someone you work with, especially a superior.

10+ Year Old Account
    I HATE YOU

reason #1:
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    We're both intelligent and good-looking
    reason #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    I have on several occasions gotten love notes from girls at work, college, high school out of the blue and I had no idea.
    Well now OT: it can be something good, but you know that it can be a stalker so it can be dangerous, well at least that doesn't happen to the guys (well at least not often) unless they are those "cute" looking guys

It was me....haha...gotcha

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of setting up your phone as a surveillance device. If it is your supervisor then I side with Rich about not getting in a relationship with her. Tell her that it is a rule of yours that you don't date coworkers for obvious reasons.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

10+ Year Old Account
    Or they could be teasing you.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Deleted
    Hide a video camera nearby, mystery solved.

Stay away from these work relationships. They're a recipe for disaster.

Love notes?. You must work at burger king.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're both intelligent and good-looking.
    Must be nice huh? Being perfect and all.

Lol sorry that was super cocky sounding to me, I just had to point it out. Well if your gonna let fear get the best of ya then so be it.
    Call me House.

Wow, sounds familiar. The sweets, the presents on the desk - I had that situation too. I was even getting underwear and stuff like that. I did know who it was however and she was completely delusional and a real whacko. No way of making it clear to her that it's not gonna fly.

The whole thing could reach a point where it starts being really, really awkward and jeopardizes your job, so I suggest resolving the matter. Next time you get a present, throw the stuff away and make sure the other chickens see it; the stalking one will get to hear it without a doubt. Maybe she'll get it.

Next time you're on break, leave a small creme puff on your desk with an attention-grabbing sign that says "For you, Cupcake Leaver".

Secretly fill the cupcake with sleeping pills or acid, whoever is extremely tired or tripping balls is the secret admirer.

Ok just kidding, don't do that. Also people who are saying to stay away from work relationships, that's mostly only an issue if your work could put you into some sort of conflict (one of you fucks up or has authority over the other).

The Illuminati.
    "Three Apples changed the World, 1st one seduced Eve, 2nd fell on Newton, and the 3rd was offered to the World half bitten by Steve Jobs."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    My mace can fires 3 types of shotgun. I WIN!
    My fires can shotgun 3 types of mace. If this makes sense to you then you are awesome.

Ot: well, I would just enjoy the gifts and make sure you never let your facebook open (in case of crazy ass stalkers)

Deleted
    Whoever it is, fuck that.

Never date people you work with.