Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Generic advise here, but this is working for me.
    I think the thing which really hit me and probably is true is to not think of it as an attempt to loose weight, but as lifestyle change. I saw that on these forums, and it is probably true. I started with fairly small steps, such as drinking a bottle of water a day and going for a small walk. Accepting you are not happy with yourself is the best motivation I think, and after two years of ignoring advice from family and friends, I began to make a change.

Three months on from these steps I have a fairly routine meal plan, do approximately 70 minutes of exercise throughout a day and don't really snack that much. The way to do it is to slowly add more parts on to what you do. For me in the last week I added a 10 minute jog (Wii fit) on to my daily exercise. I've currently lost about 35 pounds since I started this with an aim for 42 Pounds/3 Stone total.

Also try to cut down on the smoking if possible, saves money and extends your life.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Eat less pie.

Stay away from diet drinks. Take up martial arts 4 times a week.

15+ Year Old Account
    Drink water, lots and lots of water.

Exercise regularly.

Don't eat crap.

good to go
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

I hate to say it, but most of the replies here are kind of worthless. From a purely clinical standpoint, to lose weight, it does not matter WHAT you eat but only that you are eating in a caloric deficit. Your body has a kind of baseline caloric need called your Basal Metabolic Rate, which is the amount of calories your body burns to keep itself alive each day, or the amount of calories you would burn if you were just to lie in bed all day. Just as a rough guideline, an average 19-year-old male who is 330lbs and 6'5" has a BMR of about 3000 calories/day. You also need to account for the non-baseline activity you do each day, which will give you a number called your TDEE or Total Daily Energy Expenditure. This is your BMR plus any additional calories you burn from activities like walking around your neighborhood or lifting. I would say based on the information you provided, your TDEE is around 3500 calories/day.

Now, that means that eating somewhere around 3500 calories a day will maintain your current weight and bodyfat percentage, all things being equal. In order to lose weight, you need to be in a caloric deficit. That means you need to consume fewer calories than your body is burning each day. After all, fat loss is a simple formula: consume fewer calories than you burn, you'll lose weight; consume more calories than you burn, you'll gain weight. The generally accepted rule of thumb for healthy weight loss is to start 500 calories lower than your TDEE. For you, that means that if you drop down to consuming about 3000 calories each day, you should see about a pound of fat loss per week. The generally accepted rule is that a pound of fat equals 3500 calories, so being in a 3500 calorie deficit for the week = 1 lb fat loss per week. Realistically, you could probably cut down to 2500 cals/day and still be getting enough to eat, and that would put you around 2 lbs of fat burned per week.

The MOST important thing is actually knowing how many calories you are consuming each day. This means buying a digital scale and weighing out the ingredients you eat, entering them into a calorie counter (MyFitnessPal or FitDay are decent), and keeping track every single day. It sounds tedious, but once you do it for a week or two, it literally takes an extra two minutes out of your day to know exactly what you are eating. If you don't know what you are eating, chances are you will be frustrated when you either (1) don't lose weight, or (2) lose some weight but then begin to plateau. If you are accurately keeping track of what you consume and you are not losing weight, you can use the information in your food log to figure out what to change in order to do better.

Also, one thing you need to understand is that exercise, while important, will not make you lose weight. The amount of calories you burn is minimal (200-300 cals per hour of jogging) compared to how easy it is to eat some junk food that will just negate any hard work that you did (280 cals in a Snickers, for example). So my point is don't think you can just exercise but ignore your diet. If you are eating a proper amount of calories (i.e., at a 500+ cal/day deficit), any extra calories you burn from exercise are great and will help you get where you want to be faster. But exercise alone will not do anything at all for you. Weight loss is 90% diet.

If you think you're up to the challenge of being strict with your calories (and keep in mind, 2500 calories/day is still a LOT of food!) let me know and I can give you more information on structuring a healthy diet plan. Please, whatever you do, don't buy into the old misconception of "it doesn't matter how much you eat as long as it's healthy." That is just simply not true. The basic laws of thermodynamics apply to weight loss; if energy in (calories) is less than energy burned, your body dips into its fat stores to make up for it and you lose weight. It really is that simple.

The main thing it is going to take is you developing a sense of self worth and willpower. Which is going to take time, but Id give yourself a set amount of time say six months and divide those six months up where your going to go from 40 cigarettes a day to 38 then 34 30 so on and so on. Id also cut back on the weed maybe pick one or if really needed two days a week where you give yourself a treat and smoke a joint. I dont know how out of shape you are so it would be hard to design a plan specifically for you but insteas of walking Id recomend an interval plan. Find the biggest hill around you or maybe start smaller and sprint up the hill as fast as you can, and walk back down slowly.If you need to rest inbetween sets try to force yourself shorter breaks each day. For the first month of this id completly cut out your lifting routine. Hopefully by the end of the first month you be able to push yourself to sprint the hill walk down and immediatly sprint back up for a half hour straight. At this point you will half the endurance you need to start a true workout routine. Id also recomend atleast 8 ounces of water for every 20 pounds of body weight or atleast a gallon per day. This does not count any coffee pop milk etc. Only count actual water towards the total. Id also suggest replacing one meal per day with a whey protein shake. You can still eat good food thats healthy chicken tuna salmon etc. 2-3 times a day. Limit carbs to only who grain and multigrains no shitty white flour products imo that stuff should be outlawed. Also for your 2 snacks Id eat 1 red apple and 1 handfull of almonds. So 1 shake, 2-3 meals of lean protein meat sources throw in some leafy greens with an olive oil vinagerette and your 2 snacks. If you eat small meals like that 5-6 times a day it really keeps your metabloism running at a peak level.After 1 month pick 1 day per week where you can half an extra snack of your choice dont go hog wild but have 1 snickers or a milkshake or ice cream cone whatever, limit yourself to one junk food per week then pick one weekend per month and pig out man lol eat as much and what ever you want. If you would be interested in more info or a full workout schedule feel free to send me a person message. Ive done a lot of diet plans for coworkers their spouses random strangers at the gym and so far every person has told me that they have worked great for them.

Right off the bat, your unwillingness to stop smoking cigs and weed, and even going as far as making an excuse about being under stress which prevents you from stopping will ultimately mean you will never lose any weight. True weight loss requires you to live a healthy lifestyle. If you aren't willing to change your brain dead retard lifestyle then just give up now and keep doing what you are doing and live a miserable, fat smoker life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Preezrak View Post
    Stay away from diet drinks. Take up martial arts 4 times a week.
    Yeah thats not true.
    There is NOTHING wrong with diet drinks.

Also for those that dont enjoy the "eat 6 small meals a day" bullshit and dont like breakfast, just do Intermittent Fasting, its worked great for me and the fat is melting off. Im currently Bulking on Intermittent Fasting and i feel great.
    Intermittent Fasting is basically where you dont eat for 16 hours and then have a 8 hour eating window where you get all your calories.