Page 32 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    No... as i wrote 3 posts back, 7k haste then mastery.
    Well I'll be aiming for 6776 (.2755 Soft cap if using AskMrRobot) since that should put me over the 13.33 Energy Regen threshold with Ascension.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2013-03-05 at 05:28 AM.

Deleted
    So what about trinkets in 5.2? There has been alot speculations about it but is Rune Of Re-originate still best? I mean if you go 33% haste, 33% crit and 34% mastery? Or does other trinkets pull ahead? And i saw some simcrafting saying that 2h would be almoust equally good with DW in 5.2. is that true?

Oh and what about those stat weight. I got 504 ilvl atm so should i go straight to 6.5-7k haste?

Never done any simcrafting, maybe i should start now instead of asking from others :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phixio View Post
    So what about trinkets in 5.2? There has been alot speculations about it but is Rune Of Re-originate still best? I mean if you go 33% haste, 33% crit and 34% mastery? Or does other trinkets pull ahead? And i saw some simcrafting saying that 2h would be almoust equally good with DW in 5.2. is that true?

Never done any simcrafting, maybe i should start now instead of asking from others :P
    The simulations you saw were before the changes made today from GC on the legendary meta-gem proc. Before 2H was better than 1H by a small margin but the recent changes have brought 2H down a bit below 1H but still within spitting distance of one another. As for Rune, yes it it still BiS for monks. The rest of the trinkets are about even with one another. Renataki's Soul Charm comes out as second best but you have to take into effect the huge amount of Expertise on the trinket as well. You can find out what Mihir has been simulating here in regards to the trinkets:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post20415718
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2013-03-05 at 08:24 AM.

Why so much haste? Hasn't it been proven time and time again outside of sims in actual fights where you have to move, which is most that crit is much greater? Or is something happening in 5.2 that would make me want more haste? Because right now it isnt that great. I dont let myself go over 4-4.5k

Deleted
    Mastery no longer improves combo breaker, so it's fixed at 12% chance now. Which means a lot less CB procs compared to before 5.2. Which then leaves more room for haste.

Deleted
    Great guide! I love how you also cover which talents win while leveling

Where does Chi Wave fit in the priority list?

Deleted
    When you don't have chi or energy for anything else.

I agree that having burst on demand (and serious burst as TB) was missing from WW monks but there was a reason for this. They were built around steady damage and easy change of targets without missing much (SK is in a short CD). That means, the damage you will lose from not consuming TB charges while waiting for the "right moment" will cost on your DPS, since I think monks are balanced around having this buff most of the time.

And while it matters to have good damage in Spirit kings hc when the next boss spawns every time, you lose this damage during the first 70% or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    I agree that having burst on demand (and serious burst as TB) was missing from WW monks but there was a reason for this. They were built around steady damage and easy change of targets without missing much (SK is in a short CD). That means, the damage you will lose from not consuming TB charges while waiting for the "right moment" will cost on your DPS, since I think monks are balanced around having this buff most of the time.

And while it matters to have good damage in Spirit kings hc when the next boss spawns every time, you lose this damage during the first 70% or so.
    You don't really, as you aren't going to wait 70% to use stacks, you might use twice 10 stacks before the next boss appears , when you would have used 3 before, it's defo a huge dps increase no matter what

and once you get 10% from when the second boss spawns stop using stacks unless you have 20 !
    Last edited by Miuh; 2013-03-06 at 10:45 AM.

Deleted
    Stat Weights i currently use for 5.2:
    MH: 11.02
    OF: 5.62
    Agi: 4
    Hit: 3.77
    exp: 2.39
    Haste: 2.1 until 6.7k-6.8k
    Mastery: 1.9
    Crit: 1.8
    Str: 1.36
    AP: 1.18

I'm sitting at ilvl 500, with 2pc t14, and this is what was happening for me on the combat dummy:

6800 Haste: I seemed to settle at around 73k DPS or so. There were fairly large gaps in the rotation here and there.
    7000 Haste: Settled at around 80-83k DPS. A few gaps still.
    7700 Haste: I popped up to 90k DPS at times, probably settling at 87k, but it was pretty frantic. Still time to weave in a few Chi Waves.

Not sure how raid buffs would affect this, or how easy it would be able to do while doing mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felade View Post
    I'm sitting at ilvl 500, with 2pc t14, and this is what was happening for me on the combat dummy:

6800 Haste: I seemed to settle at around 73k DPS or so. There were fairly large gaps in the rotation here and there.
    7000 Haste: Settled at around 80-83k DPS. A few gaps still.
    7700 Haste: I popped up to 90k DPS at times, probably settling at 87k, but it was pretty frantic. Still time to weave in a few Chi Waves.

Not sure how raid buffs would affect this, or how easy it would be able to do while doing mechanics.
    I ran with 5K last night. Keep in mind that the raid buff affects your attack speed, and is not a true haste buff. I found my rotation to be fairly fluid, though there were maybe some gaps. Keep in mind, too, that a raid test dummy doesn't quite simulate what you will see in raids - it does not take into account movement.

I found that Skada does not track SEF properly, and I question whether or not WoL is. But, it seems that on fights where I did not use it (Megaera, Jinrokh) I seemed to sustain around 140K.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alysmera View Post
    I ran with 5K last night. Keep in mind that the raid buff affects your attack speed, and is not a true haste buff. I found my rotation to be fairly fluid, though there were maybe some gaps. Keep in mind, too, that a raid test dummy doesn't quite simulate what you will see in raids - it does not take into account movement.

I found that Skada does not track SEF properly, and I question whether or not WoL is. But, it seems that on fights where I did not use it (Megaera, Jinrokh) I seemed to sustain around 140K.
    WoL does indeed track SEF, Skada does not. Skada tends to split the adds as two separate "players"

Does the current Simc model Chi Wave?

I'm at work and messing with my spreadsheet, and it looks to me like Power Strikes may be a DPS gain over Ascension in 5.2. Would someone be available to do a quick SimC study and double check this with Chi Wave above Tiger Palm in the priority list?

Basically Power Strikes is looking better compared to Ascension because Chi Wave does more damage than Jab, and you can CW more and Jab less, while stacking haste more effectively. Ascension is still more Chi/min, but does less DPS in my model.

My main concern is how SimC handles FoF with only a 4 Chi cap. FOF is super clumsy w.o Ascension, so I want to see how SimC handles it with Power Strikes.

A question regarding Tigereye Brew usage; Do we want to use them in conjuction with trinket procs, dancing steel and/or other buffs regardless of how many stacks you have, or do we always want to have at least 10 stacks before using them?

For example, at the very beginning of fight I have both my trinket procs up and possibly a double proc from dancing steel, but I only have built 1-3 stacks by time they proc. Would it be more benefical to save them for next procs, when I have at least 10 stacks?
    Last edited by Divinism; 2013-03-06 at 10:36 PM.

A question regarding Tigereye Brew usage; Do we want to use them in conjuction with trinket procs, dancing steel and/or other buffs regardless of how many stacks stacks you have, or do we always want to have at least 10 stacks before using them?
    Pretty sure the old rule applies - as long you are not wasting stacks by capping at 20, theoretically, you are not losing any DPS. However, depending on fight mechanics, Tigereye Brew lets you focus your damage towards points in the fights where its most beneficial. I find popping them right before a RSK - FOF combo is coming up (they seem to line up a lot with 2pc t14) to be really helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by alysmera View Post

5k haste and the rest mastery? That seems incredibly low on the haste end no? I feel like at 5k haste I would be supremely energy starved bdue to the lack of more frequent combo breakers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltycracker View Post
    Does the current Simc model Chi Wave?

I'm at work and messing with my spreadsheet, and it looks to me like Power Strikes may be a DPS gain over Ascension in 5.2. Would someone be available to do a quick SimC study and double check this with Chi Wave above Tiger Palm in the priority list?

Basically Power Strikes is looking better compared to Ascension because Chi Wave does more damage than Jab, and you can CW more and Jab less, while stacking haste more effectively. Ascension is still more Chi/min, but does less DPS in my model.

My main concern is how SimC handles FoF with only a 4 Chi cap. FOF is super clumsy w.o Ascension, so I want to see how SimC handles it with Power Strikes.
    The latest SimC DOES model Chi Wave. Even a few changes before release, they fixed it so that it works off of Attack Power instead of Spell Power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drweird View Post
    5k haste and the rest mastery? That seems incredibly low on the haste end no? I feel like at 5k haste I would be supremely energy starved bdue to the lack of more frequent combo breakers.
    Shrugs - did 5/12 normal last night, and didn't have too many issues with energy. I opted to go into the lower end since I didn't get to do any PTR testing.

I did end up weaving in a few Chi Waves, but overall - my rotation was rather fluid, and comparing my logs against other WW I know, my damage was on par. I'll probably pick up a bit more later on, but 5K didn't feel too horrible.