Page 44 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Which begs the question that once you get to the point where using FoF is only useful once every minute or two, that we drop our two piece and go for off-pieces until we reach 4-piece T15. I know for me, I have 2-piece T15 Gloves and legs; with T15 helm in my bag waiting on the last piece, 2-piece T14 chest and Shoulders, Heroic helm from Jin'rok and normal chest from Tortus. I'm starting to think I should just drop the 2-piece T14 and just go with my chest from Tortus until I can get the last piece I need for 4-piece (either shoulders or chest).

Which begs the question that once you get to the point where using FoF is only useful once every minute or two, that we drop our two piece and go for off-pieces until we reach 4-piece T15. I know for me, I have 2-piece T15 Gloves and legs; with T15 helm in my bag waiting on the last piece, 2-piece T14 chest and Shoulders, Heroic helm from Jin'rok and normal chest from Tortus. I'm starting to think I should just drop the 2-piece T14 and just go with my chest from Tortus until I can get the last piece I need for 4-piece (either shoulders or chest).
    So are you guys ignoring the 6776 "Haste cap"? I've been gearing to that cap and so far I am happy with it but I have felt like my DPS has started to fall behind again as other raid members get gear (I got lucky with Kura-Kura and Renataki's dropping for me really early). I have a lot of extra hit on my gear - around 9.5% or so, and I am reforging out of hit on every piece I have (my other trink is the VP one with all that hit on it so that's part of the problem too). We haven't finished normals yet, and I've been ranking decently (I got 28th on Tortos the other night, pretty cool :P ). I just got 522 gloves last night and I'll probably break 2pc t14 (I never even got 4pc even though we were 8/16 heroic).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felade View Post
    So are you guys ignoring the 6776 "Haste cap"? I've been gearing to that cap and so far I am happy with it but I have felt like my DPS has started to fall behind again as other raid members get gear (I got lucky with Kura-Kura and Renataki's dropping for me really early). I have a lot of extra hit on my gear - around 9.5% or so, and I am reforging out of hit on every piece I have (my other trink is the VP one with all that hit on it so that's part of the problem too). We haven't finished normals yet, and I've been ranking decently (I got 28th on Tortos the other night, pretty cool :P ). I just got 522 gloves last night and I'll probably break 2pc t14 (I never even got 4pc even though we were 8/16 heroic).
    No, I'm still aiming for that "soft cap." It's just at that haste point I MAY have the need to FoF once every minute or two. Due to that, I'm wasting the T14 2-piece. I just simmed earlier today, and by breaking the 2-piece for off-pieces that I've picked up, I literally jumped 2k dps. Granted my hit goes through the roof and I'll be sitting at 9% hit but besides the point.So I'll do some regemming/reforging later tonight with the changes. On a side note, in my current gear, according to SimC, my haste is now my lowest stat (I started switching the option setting from "Patchwork" to "light movement").

As for other players catching up, yea I saw that happen to me this week during raid and I feel once I can get hands on either RoR or the T15 shoulders or chest for 4-piece then I'll shoot back up on the charts.

Deleted
    wats our best off set piece before ra-den?
    gloves from primordius?

Deleted
    Hello fellow monks! I have actually a few questions but I forgot most of them while writing this =P So my only question for now is actually, when do we use storm, earth and fire? Do we allways have it up? etc etc etc, im only lvl 70 atm so I have not got it yet but I would love to know beforehand=)

Deleted
    Unfortunately the best time to use SEF is rather specific:

- multiple targets, so never use when there's only 1
    - the targets will be alive for a long time, so your clones can buff themselves with tiger power and debuff the target with rising sun kick
    - the targets don't move around too much which would make your clones go out of melee range
    - there's not too much aoe damage that will kill your clones

If one of these is not true, you're better off not using SEF.

The only raid encounters that fit this are Stone Guard and possibly Will of the Emperor (if the clones don't die from the dance) in MV, and Council of Elders in ToT.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2013-03-30 at 08:52 PM.

Deleted
    The only raid encounters that fit this are Stone Guard and possibly Will of the Emperor (if the clones don't die from the dance) in MV, and Council of Elders in ToT.
    What about Ji-Kun NHC/HC? When you use SEF on the Eggs in the Upper Nests they have enough time to apply the buffs/debuffs.
    I dont think its better than SCK for 3 Targets :x

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LotaGeek View Post
    What about Ji-Kun NHC/HC? When you use SEF on the Eggs in the Upper Nests they have enough time to apply the buffs/debuffs.
    I dont think its better than SCK for 3 Targets :x
    Only if the 3 targets are spread out

Deleted
    Allright! Thanks so much for the info, why never use it on like a patchwerk style fight?

Also what would be the "best" way to start a fight? Fly in with Flying serpent kick?

Deleted
    Activating SEF reduces your own dps by 40% for 1 clone and by 55% for 2 clones, and if you attack one of the targets you put a clone on, they won't copy your abilities. So in a patchwerk style fight you're basically reducing your own damage by 40% and get a clone that only auto-attacks.

Flying Serpent Kick is generally the best way yes. If your tank does a proper pull countdown you can start your FSK about 1sec before the pull and land in melee range a fraction of a second after the tank pulls. Make sure not to glyph FSK so you can control exactly when to end it, otherwise you might hit the boss before the tank which generally ends badly
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2013-03-30 at 10:03 PM.

Deleted
    aha! Allright, makes sense. And yeah I won't glyph FSK. Another question if you don't mind. Do we monks have any skill that we should macro into our trinkets, synapse strings etc?

Deleted
    Macroing synapse springs to rising sun kick works good for me, that way you can get 2 buffed RSKs before it ends.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    Talking about the haste topic above, I was running myself through AMR the other day and of course it tells you to do wacky things. It told me to use haste, haste and more haste. I thought it was off its rocker but I thought I'd run it through the simcraft just in case. Turns out it was 2k DPS above what I had before and I had almost 4% mastery before and about 7k haste. Now I have almost 9k haste rating and I think it's ridiculously high but every time I change a haste > mastery or crit gem out, it lowers my DPS on the sim. I haven't raided with it yet but we'll find out how it works. I'm only 513 ilevel (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...enyatta/simple) so maybe my gear has everything to do with it? I've simmed people with better gear who aren't jacked out of the minds with haste and it shows them doing things right but when I copy their stats, it (sometimes drastically) lowers my DPS.

I've always been into my classes but this is the first I'm REALLY into the numbers end of my class so I'm still navigating new waters. So if anyone has any suggestions, I'm MORE than happy to accept them!

So remember when Xuen was flying away during garalon?

http://i.imgur.com/Ez10rUS.jpg

Deleted
    I can't help but think "I must go, Pandaria needs me."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varakai View Post
    Talking about the haste topic above, I was running myself through AMR the other day and of course it tells you to do wacky things. It told me to use haste, haste and more haste. I thought it was off its rocker but I thought I'd run it through the simcraft just in case. Turns out it was 2k DPS above what I had before and I had almost 4% mastery before and about 7k haste. Now I have almost 9k haste rating and I think it's ridiculously high but every time I change a haste > mastery or crit gem out, it lowers my DPS on the sim. I haven't raided with it yet but we'll find out how it works. I'm only 513 ilevel (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...enyatta/simple) so maybe my gear has everything to do with it? I've simmed people with better gear who aren't jacked out of the minds with haste and it shows them doing things right but when I copy their stats, it (sometimes drastically) lowers my DPS.

I've always been into my classes but this is the first I'm REALLY into the numbers end of my class so I'm still navigating new waters. So if anyone has any suggestions, I'm MORE than happy to accept them!
    Look, Sims are great as far as evaluating certain setups, but the most important thing is ingame testing. You aren't going to play as well as the Sim, because you have to take into account lag, encounter mechanics, and even player skill. If 9K haste is too much for you - then don't use it. I'm personally more comfortable between 5 and 6K haste, depending on the encounter.

Right now, Windwalker is incredibly gear dependent. If a 510 monk, for example, has RoRO and gets godly procs and uses their TeB perfectly with it, they can easily out DPS someone a few ilevels higher than them. That + our 4set are what will cause you to see the most change. RoRO makes us scale almost too well with secondaries. And, keep in mind to that SimC has its bugs. There's really just no perfect way to evaluate a setup, other than with logs (which, even those are flawed because they are highly dependent on player skill and the strat used for the fight).

Edit: By the way, nice mog

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    So remember when Xuen was flying away during garalon?

http://i.imgur.com/Ez10rUS.jpg
    That has happened to me so many times...really wish they'd fix Xuen or give us a better option.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    Quote Originally Posted by alysmera View Post
    Look, Sims are great as far as evaluating certain setups, but the most important thing is ingame testing. You aren't going to play as well as the Sim, because you have to take into account lag, encounter mechanics, and even player skill. If 9K haste is too much for you - then don't use it. I'm personally more comfortable between 5 and 6K haste, depending on the encounter.

Right now, Windwalker is incredibly gear dependent. If a 510 monk, for example, has RoRO and gets godly procs and uses their TeB perfectly with it, they can easily out DPS someone a few ilevels higher than them. That + our 4set are what will cause you to see the most change. RoRO makes us scale almost too well with secondaries. And, keep in mind to that SimC has its bugs. There's really just no perfect way to evaluate a setup, other than with logs (which, even those are flawed because they are highly dependent on player skill and the strat used for the fight).

Edit: By the way, nice mog
    Thank you on the mog compliment!

I set the simcraft to run at Average to allow for my mistakes, any lag (and ToT is amazing with their laggy areas) etc... I just try to make the most of my character and if that means doing all the simming, redoing gems, reforging etc... then try it out one week, then that's what I do. I'm fortunate enough that my guild takes me despite some events doing a poor showing. I've heard horror stories of people and their monks in guilds so I do count myself fortunate. I just can't be that DK who gets one piece of new gear and is suddenly does 5k more dps so I try to make the most of whatever tools are available.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Macroing synapse springs to rising sun kick works good for me, that way you can get 2 buffed RSKs before it ends.
    Hi Mihir
    2 question
    1. is it worth wild to macroing synapse springs to rising sun kick? I do use it on CD 85% time but there are time where i delay 5 to 10 sec for aoe or boss debuff or etc.
    2. what is your opening sequence?(lust at the start)

I wonder if its worth coining in LFR for tier tokens? I've yet to get a single piece of tier gear and I've got 3 522 offset pieces, so its pretty much a downgrade no matter how you slice it...maybe once I start getting actual tier tokens and the bonus.

Is the 2pc as bad as I suspect it is?