Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No one sees a base speed of 155% as a little over the top?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickmagnus View Post
    No one sees a base speed of 155% as a little over the top?
    It is but I think we don't have in the current build all the changes that are supposed to go along with the base cat form speed increase. For instance the fact that boot speed enchant now stack with cat form might be a bug. Or perhaps they plan to remove the pvp set speed bonus?

Also after seeing those speeds I'm pretty sure feline swiftness is on the chopping block.

As much as I love my 7-year-old feral... that speed is out of control.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    As much as I love my 7-year-old feral... that speed is out of control.
    It definitely won't stay like this. Having characters moving too fast doesn't really work well in a networked game. I doubt they're going to balance feral druids around the crazy survivability afforded by insane movement speed + network latency

I can't wait to chase people down on their mounts while in cat form

Quote Originally Posted by Underfoot View Post
    edit: also Feral swiftness, Cat form passive speed increase and 4p PvP gear and you have 155% movement speed in BGs (that is, if they don't stack multiplicatively, which would be weird if they did as it would severely reduce the effectiveness of either our pvp gear, talents and/or both. )
    All move speed bonuses stack multiplicatively. Oddly enough, all move speed bonuses also stack when before they did not. Druids are the fastest thing in the game now due to that.

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 11:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by furniture View Post
    They stack. Just tested on a nelf druid with pvp set + boot speed enchant + glyph of prowl.

Normal cat form speed, unstealthed: 155%, stealthed: 163%
    With stampeding roar: unstealthed 230%, stealthed 241%
    With dash: unstealthed 244%, stealthed 257%

With feline swiftness those numbers become truly ridiculous:

Normal cat form speed, unstealthed: 179%, stealthed: 187%
    With stampeding roar: unstealthed 264%, stealthed 278%
    With dash: unstealthed 281%, stealthed 295%
    Travel Form is at 200% permanent with all of those, 174% without either PvP set or FS.

Have fun with that one. Mount? I need no stinking mount!
    Oh, and with Stampeding you even beat a dashing elfcat by 1%.
    Last edited by huth; 2012-08-15 at 09:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnalsyn View Post
    I can't wait to chase people down on their mounts while in cat form
    just did this today in a bg, managed to chase down a shaman as he mounted up and ran away, was awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Travel Form is at 200% permanent with all of those, 174% without either PvP set or FS.
    Hmm, I didn't even realize feline swiftness doesn't work only in cat form. I guess this makes it useful for all specs unlike what I thought, but the speed when feral swiftness is stacked with the feral pvp set bonus is gamebreaking imo.

For flag carriers, for starter. You can achieve significantly faster speeds with that than with rocket boots (which you can't use while holding the flag) and for more than four times as long (by using dash and stampeding roar back to back), while being able to shift out of snares and roots. It's defo going to be nerfed.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    For any class, I will always pick passive movespeed talents.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Deleted
    Lol let's also give them immunity to 80% of CC...oh wait. All welcome back 4.0.1 Feral, now faster then mounts.

Hmm, I didn't even realize feline swiftness doesn't work only in cat form. I guess this makes it useful for all specs unlike what I thought, but the speed when feral swiftness is stacked with the feral pvp set bonus is gamebreaking imo.

For flag carriers, for starter. You can achieve significantly faster speeds with that than with rocket boots (which you can't use while holding the flag) and for more than four times as long (by using dash and stampeding roar back to back), while being able to shift out of snares and roots. It's defo going to be nerfed.
    As i said, all of them stack. FS even stacks with Flight Form, bringing it to 230% ground speed. Not that it matters.

Just to reiterate, you can't shift out of snares on beta, just roots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akrosh View Post
    Just to reiterate, you can't shift out of snares on beta, just roots.
    Yes, but is it intended to be like that or is it merely a bug? The tooltips say "the act of shapeshifting frees the caster of movement impairing effects", which is what they used to say before they nerfed it in cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Ugghh just what Feral needed, more speed in which to lag and teleport all over the screen with.
    If you have lag issues that is on your end, i am on the biggest EU server and the lag is pretty much non-existent.
    Upgrade your internet connection or check for packet-loss or other technical issues that can cause lag-like effects.

I'd trade that 10% boost speed we got for a change to Savage Roar...

Eh, keeping up rake, rip, and savage roar isn't hard.

It'd be terribly boring with just rip and rake to keep up.
    Last edited by Drknife; 2012-08-16 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Post I quoted is totally just above mine.
    I'M A DRAENEI THIS EXPAC APPARENTLY
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You know what happened when i started playing in TBC in 2.1 and rolled ret as my first char? Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret You know what i was saying in a few months? Lol hows kara? Then I cleared BT/SW while they followed behind me sniffing my gloriously rosey turds.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    If you have lag issues that is on your end, i am on the biggest EU server and the lag is pretty much non-existent.
    Upgrade your internet connection or check for packet-loss or other technical issues that can cause lag-like effects.
    /whoosh

I haven't even played the game in over a year and I know about feral druid "lag".

Deleted
    Any internet connection no matter how good have some amount of latency which limits the frequency at which the state of a moving character can be updated.

What usually happens is that games extrapolate people's position based on their last known position, direction and speed. Obviously if they changed direction or stopped moving since those informations were last received, the extrapolated position will be wrong and the character will appear to teleport once more up to date information get available.

Two factors affect the magnitude of those extrapolation errors: the frequency at which updates about this character's movement status are transmitted, and the speed at which it moves.
    The former depends on network latency and obviously, the less often your client receive updates about a character, the more its guesses about where that character is will be wrong.

But it also depends on the speed at which the character is moving. Greater speeds also increase the magnitude of how wrong your client is when guessing where this character is.

Since there is always some amount of network latency, a limit on the character movement speed is necessary.
    Last edited by mmocd6cf53cb07; 2012-08-16 at 07:21 AM.

Any internet connection no matter how good have some amount of latency which limits the frequency at which the state of a moving character can be updated.

What usually happens is that games extrapolate people's position based on their last known position, direction and speed. Obviously if they changed direction or stopped moving since those informations were last received, the extrapolated position will be wrong and the character will appear to teleport once more up to date information get available.

Two factors affect the magnitude of those extrapolation errors: the frequency at which updates about this character's movement status are transmitted, and the speed at which it moves.
    The former depends on network latency and obviously, the less often your client receive updates about a character, the more its guesses about where that character is will be wrong.

But it also depends on the speed at which the character is moving. Greater speeds also increase the magnitude of how wrong your client is when guessing where this character is.

Since there is always some amount of network latency, a limit on the character movement speed is necessary.
    i think what he meant was people using programs to purposely lag so their characters are teleporting all over the screen in pvp. a few programs out there to do that which helps melee own casters
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When it only happens with Feral druids and nothing else in the entire game. I'm going to go ahead and say its on their end.