Deleted

Herald of the Titans - a few question.

Hello.
    I have decided to stop my shaman at level 80 to do my Herald title for MoP. So I have a questions for you:

1. Spec - I am leveling in resto/ele specs. Does they are viable in terms of performance?

2. Items - I was looking for BiS list but have not find anything. Should I wear ToC/Frozen Halls gear or try farm some Naxx25 too?

3. Stats - should I reforge into mastery in both specs or stick to haste in resto?

Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    See if you can find any 3.3.2 guides

http://shamantavern.blogspot.co.nz/2...slot-list.html might be a starter
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    See if you can find any 3.3.2 guides

http://shamantavern.blogspot.co.nz/2...slot-list.html might be a starter
    Wouldn't it be sort of different with reforging and mastery in place?
    Quote Originally Posted by Creeper View Post
    It's not right, but it's not really frowned upon so much either. A man hits a woman and he's a terrible excuse for a human being and should be put in jail. A woman hits a man and the man is a wimp for feeling pain.

Either way, if you have a penis, you lose.

Shaman is very viable in terms of performance, though resto is a bit better i'd say and it's always easier to find a group as a healer for Herald. Mages don't have Heroism on level 80 so every Herald group will want one shaman (and BM hunters really suck at level 80) Id also reforge to mastery (at least for resto) mastery is very strong for almost every class at level 80.

As for gear dont bother with farming BiS, i geared my herald alt in one week, full uldu25 run (with all non transmo items reserved for me, i lead it and took all trinkets rings cloaks relics for myself), sarth25m 3d, malygos25, naxx25 (only kelthuzad) and then if you still need few items, get them from ICC 5mans/ToCheroic, you dont need to be fully 226 geared, but the closer you are the better. Get 232 weapon (easy to farm from ICC5mans). Remember to use cata blue leg enchant, its good to have two professions on 500 skill level (extra cataclysm bonuses, best are LW and Inscription but any is better than none), cataclysmic food and flask. Oh and you can use that 1hour Journal buff from inscription too, though most of buffs you can get from it are useless, you might get lucky and get something that's actually helpful.

With competent people the fight itself is very easy, if dps can do 7-8k dps each you will only have one bing bang which makes the fight really easy. Arcane mages are really OP at 80, the one in my group did something like 13k dps iirc. Oh and if you have enough dps for one bing bang, 2 healers will be enough.
    Last edited by melzas; 2012-08-16 at 06:14 AM.

Deleted
    Just use Ulduar 10 normal/heroic and Ulduar 25 normal gear. It'll be more than enought and you're on the safe side.

Deleted
    Thank you Melzas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyok View Post
    Thank you Melzas
    or rather get all the 226/213 justice points items (quite easy to farm with 7x140 JP from cata dungeons per week) with few 219 from ICC 5man normals. weapons can be from ICC 5 man HC.
    Or go Ulduar 25 man normal mode.

you don't need BiS items, anything between 213-226 will do.
    Last edited by DemoBytom; 2012-08-16 at 07:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Thank you Melzas
    Will be more fun if you do it with the things which were avaible during the time Algalon was current. Its easy to find a raid via openraid.eu/us.

We did Herald of the Titans / He feeds on your Tears in one day, when Ulduar was current - the feeling was gergous.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    or rather get all the 226/213 justice points items (quite easy to farm with 7x140 JP from cata dungeons per week) with few 219 from ICC 5man normals. weapons can be from ICC 5 man HC.
    Or go Ulduar 25 man normal mode.

you don't need BiS items, anything between 213-226 will do.
    Yeah that's true, you can get a lot of items for Justice points (basicly almost everything) but farming them is quite boring (fastest way is to grind cata 5mans which is Throne of Tides and Blackrock Caverns /puke) you can also change honor into JP (Wintergrasp for weekly quest is a nice boost). Hardest to get are trinkets, Id suggest darkmoon card if its relatively cheap on your server, or ToC5normal (farmable) trinkets or JP trinkets (as last resort really)

Edit: Don't forget weekly raid quest it gives JP as well (for example XT must die! etc.) Oh and some ulduar crafting patterns which are really common, and mats are trivial now, that give 226 belts and shoes so thats easy to get 2 slots. Also there are some BoE at 226ilvl check if there is anything that would suit your shammy, I've got a ring for my tank (BoE 226) very very cheap, so you might get lucky.
    Last edited by melzas; 2012-08-16 at 08:25 AM.

Deleted
    Its rather a waste of time... you dont need a full BiS top-notch set...

10+ Year Old Account
    I did it on my resto shaman as well. Not a fan of shaman class but she was the character that was already level 80 and I just could not make myself to level another class.
    This is my armory, same gear that I used for the herald run. It is not full bis but I had no mana/performance issues whatsoever, doubt any class will have such problems. The only difficult part about doing a herald run is the time required to gather the gear. Good luck with your character, shiny title inc!

10+ Year Old Account
    There is BiS gear list here http://www.twinkinfo.com/f157/best-s...-titans-30277/
    Alternatively, the easiest farmable items outside of a raid you can use..
    Heroic ICC5 Weapons/ranged slot
    Normal ICC5 Gear
    Heroic ToC5 Gear/weapons
    Normal ToC5 drops trinkets

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    Will be more fun if you do it with the things which were avaible during the time Algalon was current. Its easy to find a raid via openraid.eu/us.

We did Herald of the Titans / He feeds on your Tears in one day, when Ulduar was current - the feeling was gergous.
    Unfirtunally I ding my first 80 after Trial of the Crusader patch and Ive spammed sinister strike as a muti rogue, so yeah, had no idea about such achievements

Deleted
    Unfirtunally I ding my first 80 after Trial of the Crusader patch and Ive spammed sinister strike as a muti rogue, so yeah, had no idea about such achievements
    Just check the site, if there are no HotT raids open (if yes, check for the requirements) then open your own one.
    Last edited by mmoce04a3b2ccc; 2012-08-16 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    Its rather a waste of time... you dont need a full BiS top-notch set...
    I had all the BiS for my hunter 2 years ago. Now i have about 90% of the BiS on my protection warrior. I love collecting gear so i don't mind, but it can be done with 4 set, JP and 5 man normal ICC dungeons.

I would suggest doing ToC 10 normal and ICC 5 man hc for some weapons. Ulduar 10 normal/heroic for some trinkets and sets and VoA wind boss. This is how i did in in the last 4 weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done this recently and let me tell you it was the easiest thing on the planet. The fight lasts like a minute or two. Arcane Mages with half decent gear will do over 20k to him, so, he goes down QUICK. (my run had 3 arcane mages!) Don't stress too hard over it . I grinded tons of justice points, go the old JP gear. Pretty cake.

Hello.
    I have decided to stop my shaman at level 80 to do my Herald title for MoP. So I have a questions for you:

1. Spec - I am leveling in resto/ele specs. Does they are viable in terms of performance?

2. Items - I was looking for BiS list but have not find anything. Should I wear ToC/Frozen Halls gear or try farm some Naxx25 too?

3. Stats - should I reforge into mastery in both specs or stick to haste in resto?

Thanks in advance.
    I had this BiS profile made long time ago even thought I could never go and do the achievement myself

http://www.wowhead.com/profile=21305431

As for stats, I don't think going into mastery is too viable because of the lack of it in the gear from that period. You will get a very small amount (40% of stats) out of reforging.

If you are going to heal tanks, crit is quite useful and it also helps your regen. I went for haste in Ulduar, though.

having a char in level cap guild I got this title in the guild run on 26/07/2012
    char's name: Amourette on Moonglade EU

elemental shaman in full Valorous Worldbreaker set from Ulduar, went for haste over mastery if that helps

Any 226 gear and any 232 weapons will work.

I just recently did herald and its a complete joke. Got him to 50% by the time lust fell off.

Here is my rogue if you care http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...liter/advanced
    Hi Sephurik