Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yeah you are right... But still sad that 1 racial is completely useless in pvp...

Deleted
    #1 Orc because it's the best race in PvE and decent in PvP.
    #2 Undead because it's the best race in PvP and decent in PvE.

None of the other races matter in a discussion about the 'best race' because they're neither best in PvE or best in PvP. In fact they're all only decent in either one and quite bad in the other (Troll (decent PvE, bad PvP), Panda (decent PvE, bad PvP), Belf (decent PvP, bad PvE), etc).

PS: Those racial comparisons were assuming the PvE role is Brewmaster or Windwalker. For Mistweaver healers it's probably slightly different. Mana pools being capped even the Arcane Torrent is quite weak. PvP wise nothing changes racial wise even if you heal. WotF, Cannibalize and a proc heal/dmg are the ultimate combination. Mistweavers would probably be best off overall with Undead. WotF vastly outweighs the 15% stun reduction. People will already avoid stunning Mistweavers because of dematerialize.
    Last edited by mmoc92c203c636; 2012-08-24 at 04:37 PM.

Panda, undead will be falling apart when he will try giving somebody a round kick

Quote Originally Posted by kensai666 View Post
    #1 Orc because it's the best race in PvE and decent in PvP.
    #2 Undead because it's the best race in PvP and decent in PvE.

None of the other races matter in a discussion about the 'best race' because they're neither best in PvE or best in PvP. In fact they're all only decent in either one and quite bad in the other (Troll (decent PvE, bad PvP), Panda (decent PvE, bad PvP), Belf (decent PvP, bad PvE), etc).

PS: Those racial comparisons were assuming the PvE role is Brewmaster or Windwalker. For Mistweaver healers it's probably slightly different. Mana pools being capped even the Arcane Torrent is quite weak. PvP wise nothing changes racial wise even if you heal. WotF, Cannibalize and a proc heal/dmg are the ultimate combination. Mistweavers would probably be best off overall with Undead. WotF vastly outweighs the 15% stun reduction. People will already avoid stunning Mistweavers because of dematerialize.
    As a tank for about five years now, I wasn't aware that a button that gives pure attack power was that useful to tanks. If you're in a dire situation, you're not going to push a button that increases AP, you're going to push a button that decreases damage taken. I'll take my bonus from food buffs and reduced fall damage over some Blood Fury, thank you very much!

And from what I can tell, trolls are quite good in PvE for windwalkers, since haste is such a powerful stat for them.

The orc racial doesn't have a cost or use the GCD so just macro it to an oh-shit button with a similar cooldown.

Deleted
    You know, I always thought undead monks were kind of silly. I mean I just think of them as being unable to perform those quick martial arts moves without having their bones fall off :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jrch5618 View Post
    The orc racial doesn't have a cost or use the GCD so just macro it to an oh-shit button with a similar cooldown.
    Yeah, but it has very little inherent defensive utility to it. I mean, there are defensive abilities that it benefits (like Guard, since it scales with AP), but the benefit there is minimal versus something like a double food buff. If anything, I'd think Undead would be much stronger on that front because of their new racial (on the BM front, that is).

---------- Post added 2012-08-24 at 01:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by savutitus View Post
    You know, I always thought undead monks were kind of silly. I mean I just think of them as being unable to perform those quick martial arts moves without having their bones fall off :P
    Well, they're magic undead. Why do Undead warriors stay together when they're wielding giant swords, or tanking massive dragons? I know the "but magic!" statement isn't all that satisfying, but it's a fantasy game.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    Yeah, but it has very little inherent defensive utility to it. I mean, there are defensive abilities that it benefits (like Guard, since it scales with AP), but the benefit there is minimal versus something like a double food buff. If anything, I'd think Undead would be much stronger on that front because of their new racial (on the BM front, that is).
    Exactly. The orc racial will provide an average of 564 ap and has an up-time of 12.5%. Assuming you use the agi food buff as a pandaren, you will have 600 ap with an up-time of 100%, NOT including scaling via buffs. Just going off that alone, I'd prefer the pandaren. As well, using the orc racial will make defensive abilities less consistent, as 12.5% of the time, they will be relatively stronger, but for the rest of the time, they won't, while with the pandaren food buff racial, they'll be less strong as when they're buffed by the orc racial, but overall mitigation over time will improve. As well, we're not even counting the defensive bonuses that food buffs can provide, we're just talking attack power here.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    Well, they're magic undead. Why do Undead warriors stay together when they're wielding giant swords, or tanking massive dragons? I know the "but magic!" statement isn't all that satisfying, but it's a fantasy game.
    Quite so. I've developed theories as to how this works, because Roleplaying, but yeah, it can all be summarized by "it's a fantasy game and a fantasy world."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    As well, we're not even counting the defensive bonuses that food buffs can provide, we're just talking attack power here.
    Apparently we're also only comparing the Panda food racial to Blood Fury and discounting the Axe/Fist specialization altogether. Once again unless you're going to play only PvE, Pandas simply don't cut it at all even when food buffs are in effect. In Arenas, RBGs and in the case you've been combat ressed you're stuck with basically no racials of note at all especially in comparison to the competition. In short, if you're going to play only Brewmaster and only PvE, Pandas are a reasonable option. If you plan to do anything else in addition, pick Orc or Undead, and since this thread is about the 'best' (I assume overall) Horde race for 'Monk' (I assume all specs) Pandas simply can't hack it.
    Last edited by mmoc92c203c636; 2012-08-24 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kensai666 View Post
    Apparently we're also only comparing the Panda food racial to Blood Fury and discounting the Axe/Fist specialization altogether. Once again unless you're going to play only PvE, Pandas simply don't cut it at all even when food buffs are in effect. In Arenas, RBGs and in the case you've been combat ressed you're stuck with basically no racials of note at all. In short, if you're going to play only Brewmaster and only PvE, Pandas are a reasonable option. If you plan to do anything else in addition, pick Orc or Undead.
    As the expansion goes into higher tiers of content, there'll be more points in Expertise, making keeping cap easier, so the usefulness of the 1% expertise will somewhat diminish over time. Food buffs remain constantly useful. Throwing in Bouncy, if there's ever a fight where we get thrown into the air (and there's usually one or two every expansion), that provides a lot of utility. Taking 50% less damage from something like that is awesome, even if it's a niche racial.

Deleted
    tauren female

Troll, because trolls are awesome. Can ya feel dat kung fu voodoo, mon?

Quote Originally Posted by Redbtk View Post
    Was going to go Orc / Troll / or Panda. What would have the most benefit for a WW monk?

Attack power is always nice when popped with other CD's, same with the troll racial.... But the pandas get the double food buff racial which sounds nice..but not sure if it out weighs the races look lol.
    Male Orc, because master race. Every character I have that can be an orc is one, and I will be continuing this tradition. Here's hoping they some day bring in Orc paladins who ride on wolf-chargers with red glowing armor. It could look like the RBG wolf without the flag, colored red and with the blood elf mount's glow. /daydream

Blood fury and free expertise are kinda nice too.
    Last edited by klydefrogz; 2012-08-24 at 09:27 PM.

Deleted
    Go with what yer like, nuff said, im going BE, just cos of the likeness to human, and thats because im an old git that used to play arcade games, when the only place you could play them was arcades!

ps my guilds Horde so cant roll human.

10+ Year Old Account
    My 2 coppers:

Brewmaster PvE: Panda
    Windwalker PvE: Orc or Troll (I think troll wins out as haste buffs energy regen)
    Mistweaver PvE: Panda
    Windwalker PvP: Orc or Belf
    Mistweaver PvP: Belf or possibly UDead.

Quote Originally Posted by savutitus View Post

Whenever I see this argument I immediately think of Ulduaar's lighting halls. First boss that think he's stronger since he's steel and we're flesh and bone.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    As the expansion goes into higher tiers of content, there'll be more points in Expertise, making keeping cap easier, so the usefulness of the 1% expertise will somewhat diminish over time. Food buffs remain constantly useful. Throwing in Bouncy, if there's ever a fight where we get thrown into the air (and there's usually one or two every expansion), that provides a lot of utility. Taking 50% less damage from something like that is awesome, even if it's a niche racial.
    The 1% expertise wont diminish the later you go if you can still reforge the expertise on the gear. If you're fully reforged out and still over cap then it diminishes. Otherwise, more haste or whatnot.

OT: I'm thinking Panda for the poly counts. Cause you know, that's the most important thing.

Undead, their new racial is stupid as hell, a 20% chance proc that heals you for the amount it damages LOLOKAI!
    Oh hi

Deleted
    Such a hard decision to make, thinking of going Orc male, Undead female , Panda female. I have level grants ready.
    Going to play a mistweaver, so what are your thoughts? I am really struggling lol

getting 300 more agility from max agility food is far better then the orc racial... the expertise is nice, but useless for more weapons then its good for. (this is for pve)