Page 56 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluxwave View Post
    funny story there where they came from, from my reasearch, one of the artest had concept drawings for Warcraft, and in the paintings if you stared at them long enough, the shapes formed these pandas in many of his drawings, so he started drawing them specifically

and thats where the pandas came from

---------- Post added 2012-08-17 at 02:36 AM ----------

thats your opinion too

IMO SWTOR is a great game, very KOTOR but mmo
    You know, I ain't a super professional..
    But I think I remember someone asking Samwise at the Art panel at Blizzcon where the Pandaren came from, or what inspired him to make them..
    And I THINK, my memory is cloudy, but I THINK they actually came from a card he made for his daaauughter(?)'s birthday? It was a little baby/young panda on a bigger panda's back.

Quote Originally Posted by Slavemaker View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, what exactly is the "wow that you like" because what I saw was Action, adventure, comedy and awesome, all of which are very prominent in World of Warcraft and all of those things lead up to Fun, which is what this game is about.
    A trailer has never made me buy a game.

Quote Originally Posted by manniefaces View Post
    A trailer has never made me buy a game.
    All I can think of is Totalbiscuit saying that anybody who buys a game purely on how he views it is an idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I am guessing a flow of expansions where in MoP the Alliance and the Horde war comes to an end with the help of the Pandaren and the actions of Garrosh create a common enemy. Garrosh is involved with the burning legion somehow, and the next expansion will bring them back as the Horde and Alliance mature with each other to fight them at full strength. Kind of like how WotLK ended, ignoring the Wrathgate incident.

As for the cinematic, it was enjoyable. I would give it a 7.5/10. Not what I was expecting, but not in a bad way.
    Last edited by LocNess; 2012-08-16 at 06:41 PM.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cammancy View Post
    You can determine all you want, it's going to be your opinion, nothing more.
    ANd thus the trailer failed in this regard... It is there to sell the game... and it didn't to a lot of people, and since it didn't sell it to those people is a lot more than an opinion, it's also less money in the cashbox for Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by fs161200 View Post
    ANd thus the trailer failed in this regard... It is there to sell the game... and it didn't to a lot of people, and since it didn't sell it to those people is a lot more than an opinion, it's also less money in the cashbox for Blizz.
    ๏[-ิ_•ิ]๏
    I'm not even going to dignify that with a response.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    That may have been the most ironic thing I've ever read.
    Blizzard thinks the Pandas are the main selling point, umm ok... Yeah you keep telling us what Blizzard is thinking.

Blizzard sure did an amazing job on this one. I can't wait for the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluxwave View Post
    nope, as the other members of blizzard looked at his drawings they made out panda faces / shapes / forms, much as you look at many art forms and it evolves into new patterns / shapes over time

I read the personal story from it.
    Whatever you say, man. I just remember Samwise talkin' about the card and the little pandaren, also that he was really excited the Pandaren were being put into the game.

Deleted
    They sure know how to make awesome trailers. Too bad they have lost their touch on how to make awesome games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard Y U NO Make a movie ? This is so fn epic !

Quote Originally Posted by Cammancy View Post
    All I can think of is Totalbiscuit saying that anybody who buys a game purely on how he views it is an idiot.
    Right, because I should buy a game, even though i dont like it, because other people view it as good. That sounds like something a professional video game reviewer would say/think.

Quote Originally Posted by manniefaces View Post
    Blizzard thinks the Pandas are the main selling point, umm ok... Yeah you keep telling us what Blizzard is thinking.
    Well, Mists of PANDARIA. You know, pandas? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    You forgot the Vanilla WoW cinematic.....showing the bad guy....oh...no wait...it didn't show Raggy, Nefarion, Ony, or KT!

It is an intro cinematic. Just like Cata showed you what happened: How the world was torn apart, this cinematic shows you how Pandaria was discovered.

I think it was a great cinematic.
    The fact that a pandaren can take out two barely alive, worn out, tired, unprepared warriors is very acceptable. I can't believe people think the pandaren should have lost. The two veterans fight like brutes and don't know what to expect from the pandaren's kung fu style. While the pandaren most likely dealt with brutes before, be it wild animals or what not. Also, the fact that the orc and human just climbed so high (from the beach, to a point where you can oversee a lot of pandaria), not to mention they were in a battle before they stranded and perhaps still suffering from nearly drowning.....yeh...if they'd won, we might as well add the racial: Slaps like a sissy, to the pandaren race.
    I was going to bring up this point. The orc and human have fought already, and on seeing what the newcomer can do both *know* that if they want to live to settle the score they have to work together on this new threat... before they go back to beating each other senseless! Overall I really like it but I do wish we could have seen more of the lands and such.

Conflict between horde and alliance? Check
    Showing the monk? Check
    Showing the pandaren? Check
    Showing pandaria?Check
    The cinematic showed what I hoped for and better, no scene jumps or anything, just a flow of action that focuses on the points of pandaria( conflict, monk, pandaren) and a bit of comedy to top it off, and the end was just smooth, Awesome work Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnbear View Post
    This is their worst trailer up to date, the graphics are great as always but it's actually putting me off wanting to play the next expansion. I'm disappointed, I didn't enjoy the beta and I have lost the little faith I had left. Pandas never have and never will fit into Warcraft lore, it's like a joke gone wrong.
    Except they've been around in Warcraft Lore longer then Worgen's and Space Goats, and yet you seem to be fine with them? My god, half the people on these forums love to do nothing but bitch and complain. When Vanilla hit, there was no big baddy, there was no central bad guy based around the game, yet people seemed too like it nonetheless. If a cinematic made you lose faith, I don't think your the kinda person I would want to be playing or raiding in this game with either.

PS. Since Warcraft 3 has shown, when the Horde and Alliance have faced a common enemy, they have combined forces to survive, this trailer just shows that instinct yet again.
    Last edited by Juno86; 2012-08-16 at 06:50 PM.

Well now I feel terrible for making fun of Blizzard for making an expansion about pandas

Quote Originally Posted by fs161200 View Post
    No, it's still is an opinion. There are people that saw the trailer and had their interest reignited, and now they are going to buy it. Advertisements that work on some people may not work on others. There are people that saw the older expansions cinematics and said "Meh, not interested".

Quote Originally Posted by anothdae View Post
    Right, because I should buy a game, even though i dont like it, because other people view it as good. That sounds like something a professional video game reviewer would say/think.
    .. Yeah, actually.
    He thinks someone should view a game for themselves before they actually purchase it, not just because he reviewed the game.
    Is that a hard concept to grasp?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anothdae View Post
    Read the comment you quoted again, and realize that your response doesn't make any sense.